Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1530879 times)

desocietas

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #12930 on: April 07, 2017, 08:07:54 pm »
My collection is spotlighted this month in the Console Purists group on Facebook!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1138052592894241/permalink/1564357150263781/

Closed group - do we need to join it before we can see?
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12931 on: April 07, 2017, 08:13:48 pm »
Yeah, you do have to join the group. I just thought that maybe some people might be members.

It's really nothing that's not already in the Game Room thread here, though.

desocietas

« Reply #12932 on: April 07, 2017, 09:09:38 pm »
Yeah, you do have to join the group. I just thought that maybe some people might be members.

It's really nothing that's not already in the Game Room thread here, though.

Oh ok, sounds good :)
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

kashell

« Reply #12933 on: April 10, 2017, 09:06:45 am »
I think there are a few SMT fans on here; I can't recall who.

I finished SMT IV over the weekend. Similar to my time with Nocturne, I wasn't ready for the game to end. So I figured I could hop into another entry that I missed. I found Strange Journey over the weekend, fired it up, and...

I'm not feeling it. After the introduction sequences, playing it isn't as fun as either Nocturne or IV. I don't like navigating in the first person, recruiting demons seems much more demanding, there's no Press-Turn system, the presentation isn't great. Is it worth playing? If not, I may hunt for Apocalypse. Or I can finally dive into P4 Golden.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12934 on: April 10, 2017, 09:25:53 am »
My collection is spotlighted this month in the Console Purists group on Facebook!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1138052592894241/permalink/1564357150263781/

I joined the group now.  Congrats on the selection.  I need to get picked just so I'll do another game room tour.

azure

« Reply #12935 on: April 10, 2017, 10:52:47 am »
I think there are a few SMT fans on here; I can't recall who.

I finished SMT IV over the weekend. Similar to my time with Nocturne, I wasn't ready for the game to end. So I figured I could hop into another entry that I missed. I found Strange Journey over the weekend, fired it up, and...

I'm not feeling it. After the introduction sequences, playing it isn't as fun as either Nocturne or IV. I don't like navigating in the first person, recruiting demons seems much more demanding, there's no Press-Turn system, the presentation isn't great. Is it worth playing? If not, I may hunt for Apocalypse. Or I can finally dive into P4 Golden.
Sounds like you want to wait for Deep Journey, a remaster of sorts of Strange Journey coming to 3DS with the template of IV and Final from what I can tell based off screenshots we have so far. SJ is a fantastic SMT game I really recommend you don't skip it, and waiting for Deep Strange Journey sounds like it will fix almost all the issues you have with the original.

kashell

« Reply #12936 on: April 10, 2017, 03:05:41 pm »
Sounds like you want to wait for Deep Journey, a remaster of sorts of Strange Journey coming to 3DS with the template of IV and Final from what I can tell based off screenshots we have so far. SJ is a fantastic SMT game I really recommend you don't skip it, and waiting for Deep Strange Journey sounds like it will fix almost all the issues you have with the original.

Will this new one be in third person instead of first?

azure

« Reply #12937 on: April 10, 2017, 03:18:43 pm »

I would assume it will be 3rd, since it is using IV/Final's engine from what I can tell.

desocietas

« Reply #12938 on: April 10, 2017, 03:19:44 pm »

Still first-person from what I've seen:

I'm not always into first person dungeon crawling, but I found myself really enjoying the story of Strange Journey initially. It was just the SMT *difficulty* that stopped my playthrough. The first 2 Persona games were like that as well, and I have to be in the mood for first-person gaming to stick with it.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2017, 03:22:10 pm by desocietas »
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

azure

« Reply #12939 on: April 10, 2017, 03:25:48 pm »
I'm curious now, what are the dislikes with the first person perspective? Doesn't matter to me, either perspective is fine.

desocietas

« Reply #12940 on: April 10, 2017, 03:42:17 pm »
I'm curious now, what are the dislikes with the first person perspective? Doesn't matter to me, either perspective is fine.

I personally find it very disorientating for some reason, especially for fast camera movement like shooters and even walking simulators. For turn based things like a dungeon crawler, I can enjoy it depending on story and aesthetics, but I still get turned around really easily. The fact that I could look at the map instead of the first-person view in Etrian Odyssey made me *love* that series from the start (and also fed a map-making love that I had no idea I had).
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

kashell

« Reply #12941 on: April 10, 2017, 03:54:48 pm »
For RPGs, it's just a preference thing. I like seeing my characters instead of being put in their shoes. I don't like how you can't move freely. Your steps feel stiff. I tend to get turned around easier, too.

For everything else, it's a motion sickness issue. I can't play FPS titles because all of that wobbling with the barrel of a gun makes me ill.

azure

« Reply #12942 on: April 10, 2017, 05:04:38 pm »
I definitely feel you guys on the whole getting turned around deal. Also Kash, based off the screenshots Deso posted It seems they're keeping with the co-op system. That means no press-turn most likely.

abe

« Reply #12943 on: April 10, 2017, 07:00:53 pm »
Or I can finally dive into P4 Golden.

Or Persona 5. ;)
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

Warmsignal

« Reply #12944 on: April 10, 2017, 07:54:34 pm »
Oh wow, how times change. A few years ago I got into trouble on eBay for selling original game cases as it was supposedly against their policy and I debated the whole issue with customer support over the removal of my listings, they told me I was simply in the wrong. Now there's an official section on just that under product categories.  ::)