Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1672542 times)

azure

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #13155 on: May 24, 2017, 06:33:02 pm »
I started Fire Emblem Echoes on Casual. I'm thinking I should probably start over on Classic. This is my first FE games, but I feel like I'm cheating if I play on Casual. What are your thoughts on this, VGC?

Does casual not include permadeath? Permadeath is a big part of the FE series in general - really makes you develop a relationship with the characters and an interest in how they relate to each other in-game. I spent many hours playing the GBA version just to reset the whole thing whenever someone died.
Word. Older FE titles will not have casual mode as well so I would say it's best not to become reliant on it if you plan to play older titles.

guilty0fbeing

« Reply #13156 on: May 25, 2017, 10:14:32 am »
Exactly. Thanks. I do plan to play older FE games. I think the game will have more of an impact on me with permadeath on, though I'm not going to play on a hard level. It felt cheap, in the prologue, when a character just ran away after getting destroyed. Yes, I'm going to restart since I've only played the prologue.

I only have half a day today at work, so I'll be going home to dive in!

Also, I got my Alm/Celica Amiibo in yesterday!  8)

Warmsignal

« Reply #13157 on: May 25, 2017, 02:08:09 pm »
Brought the old yard sale junk back out and what do people do when you're not looking? Switch the tags on the $3 crate with the $1 crate. Are folks so greedy they are driven to dishonesty over a couple of dollars??!  ::)

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #13158 on: May 26, 2017, 09:40:09 am »
Brought the old yard sale junk back out and what do people do when you're not looking? Switch the tags on the $3 crate with the $1 crate. Are folks so greedy they are driven to dishonesty over a couple of dollars??!  ::)

Yes.   People suck horribly

Warmsignal

« Reply #13159 on: May 26, 2017, 09:52:00 am »

Thought so.

In other news from the warmsignal bitching gazette - I recently ordered my copy of Darksiders Warmastered Ed for the Wii U (came out this week). Amazon tells me it'll ship mid June. Some people already got theirs, I've got wait two weeks... Kind of BS, it's like I paid in full for a pre-order.  :'(

« Reply #13160 on: May 26, 2017, 09:54:30 am »

Thought so.

In other news from the warmsignal bitching gazette - I recently ordered my copy of Darksiders Warmastered Ed for the Wii U (came out this week). Amazon tells me it'll ship mid June. Some people already got theirs, I've got wait two weeks... Kind of BS, it's like I paid in full for a pre-order.  :'(
Amazon doesn't charge until it ships.  You haven't paid anything.

Also, I'm in the same boat.  Mine won't arrive until the end of June.  I ordered it at the beginning of the month before it had a back order or anything.  I'm happy as long as I get my copy.

EDIT:  I just got an order update, my copy will be shipping out soon.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2017, 10:40:36 am by ignition365 »

Warmsignal

« Reply #13161 on: May 26, 2017, 03:55:23 pm »

Thought so.

Amazon doesn't charge until it ships.  You haven't paid anything.

Also, I'm in the same boat.  Mine won't arrive until the end of June.  I ordered it at the beginning of the month before it had a back order or anything.  I'm happy as long as I get my copy.

EDIT:  I just got an order update, my copy will be shipping out soon.

Yeah, I got the same message May 31st. So much for two-day shipping, and this is the first item I've bought with my Prime trial.  :-\

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #13162 on: May 27, 2017, 11:21:39 am »
Okay guys, I need some help to see if this is just me or not.

I own a black original Wii and a black Deluxe (bigger harddrive) Wii U.

Now, I also own House of the Dead 2 & 3 Return. It works fine on my original Wii. But my Wii U won't even let the game attempt to start. The rest of my Wii games run fine on the Wii U. And the disc is in great shape.

Has anyone else run into this problem with this title?

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #13163 on: May 29, 2017, 11:08:53 am »
In remembrance of Memorial Day:

Warmsignal

« Reply #13164 on: May 29, 2017, 11:58:37 pm »
I seem to be becoming somewhat of a crybaby nowadays, I can't handle very much anymore. Even though I have never personally experienced the loss of a veteran, I get teary eyed, just watching a little bit of the memorial gathering coverage on TV.  :-\

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #13165 on: May 30, 2017, 02:17:37 am »
I've been watching a lot of Friday the 13th movies again lately, and in the latest one I watched, Part 2 (the first one with Jason), a couple of the teen counselors are playing Milton-Bradley Microvisions, the first handheld with interchangeable games:

(Both of these teens here go on to die fine deaths at the hands of Jason.)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #13166 on: May 30, 2017, 02:50:30 pm »
This kind of shit right here is why retro collecting in 2017 sucks compared to just a few years back:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MANUAL-Sega-Saturn-Galactic-Attack-Instruction-Booklet-/322535377564?hash=item4b189b4a9c:g:kz4AAOSw~y9ZLHYB

$25 for a freaking manual?!

shepard11

« Reply #13167 on: May 30, 2017, 05:40:53 pm »
$25?? Man I love my complete games but 25 bucks could go a long way in my collection.

guilty0fbeing

« Reply #13168 on: May 31, 2017, 12:33:11 am »
This kind of shit right here is why retro collecting in 2017 sucks compared to just a few years back:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MANUAL-Sega-Saturn-Galactic-Attack-Instruction-Booklet-/322535377564?hash=item4b189b4a9c:g:kz4AAOSw~y9ZLHYB

$25 for a freaking manual?!

:-\

Bastards.

maximo310

« Reply #13169 on: May 31, 2017, 04:19:08 am »
At this rate, you might as well just wait for the Saturn Everdrive to come out so you don't have to deal with sellers like that for overpriced Saturn stuff.