Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1530824 times)

Warmsignal

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #14100 on: January 11, 2018, 11:16:51 pm »
I'm suspecting that for some reason or other, Sunsoft must have had a deal with rental places (namely blockbuster) for Chameleon Twist 2. Why? Because 90% of the carts I've ever seen have a terribly battered label, or have a rental sticker across them. Pretty sure it was not a rental exclusive like Sculptor's Cut, or Stunt Racer, because my brother has a sealed copy. But for some reason most of the carts out there are obvious rentals, including mine. If you look on eBay, almost every one there has either tears, fingernail marks or stains behind the label where people try to get the sticker off. Just seems like a high number of them were rentals compared to other games.

rayne315

« Reply #14101 on: January 15, 2018, 06:17:19 pm »
Ive Been on here for 3 Years now!!! lol I just noticed 2 days ago was my anniversary. nowhere near as long as some of you but im still very happy with that accomplishment!
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

soera

« Reply #14102 on: January 15, 2018, 07:27:38 pm »
I havent even looked in a while but seeing your post made me look. Im almost at my 6 year mark myself. Hard to believe its been that long.

tpugmire

« Reply #14103 on: January 16, 2018, 10:13:17 am »
Vgcollect turns 7 in a few days!
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #14104 on: January 16, 2018, 10:51:32 am »
I havent even looked in a while but seeing your post made me look. Im almost at my 6 year mark myself. Hard to believe its been that long.

I'm coming up on 6 myself.  Damn, it doesn't seem like it's been that long.

telly

« Reply #14105 on: January 16, 2018, 11:24:12 am »
Are we going to do another fun contest? :)
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

azure

« Reply #14106 on: January 16, 2018, 01:25:57 pm »
It'll be my 5th year in June, wow. Doesn't seem that long at all.

« Reply #14107 on: January 17, 2018, 08:32:53 am »
So.  Story tiem.  I finally picked up my 4k tv on Friday... but I was at PAX South all weekend, so I didn't get around to messing with it until Monday.  TV was missing the power cable.  Fought with Best Buy on the phone to get them to give me the power cord.  They wound up giving me a generic power cable which I guess is supposed to work.  All of these new Samsung TVs have the stupid One Connect Mini boxes.  So the TV is literally useless if the box doesn't work.  Box doesn't work.  Best Buy's response was I can return the TV.  I bought a warranty, you should be repairing the issue, not telling me to return it and buy a different TV.  I bought the TV because it WAS on sale and they were doing 11% back.  I would lose out on both if I return it.  And they told me if I do an exchange I'll have to pay the difference between the price I paid and the current price.  I was told this by 5 different people.  Complete bullshit.  I called Samsung and within a few seconds of waiting and a few minutes of troubleshooting, they had processed to send me a replacement box, said it would take 3-10 business days to arrive, it is scheduled to arrive today by 1030am.  Not impressed with this One Connect bullshit that Samsung is pulling.  If that box goes out, the TV is trash.  And I'm guessing Best Buy will be useless.

In other news.  Metal Gear Survive requires a constant internet connection and is riddled with microtransactions.

rayne315

« Reply #14108 on: January 17, 2018, 04:08:43 pm »
I am almost done re-organizing/re-categorizing my entire collection!! it has very sadly taken me 4-5 months to actually get it done but I am onto my last ~100 items (more if you include my fiancés collection that is slowly being fazed into mine) and everything has been moved from one room in my house to another! I wish I could really do more with my collectors editions/system boxes but they are relegated to the closet for now (till I get sturdier bookcases. they are overloaded as it is). hopefully this week I will finally be able to take pictures and place them on here to show you guys my setup.

by the way thank you DoaFan for adding in all the animal crossing amiibo cards. it will make it so much easier for me to add what I have left.

XIII
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

rayne315

« Reply #14109 on: January 17, 2018, 06:06:11 pm »
Im just placing this here. gimmicky as all hell but its also really fucking awesome! I don't know how to embed it so if someone can do that or tell me how that would be awesome!

https://youtu.be/P3Bd3HUMkyU

can definitely see this selling millions of copies though and being a near permanent thing for the future of the switch.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2018, 06:14:23 pm by rayne315 »

XIII
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

« Reply #14110 on: January 17, 2018, 06:36:39 pm »
Im just placing this here. gimmicky as all hell but its also really fucking awesome! I don't know how to embed it so if someone can do that or tell me how that would be awesome!

can definitely see this selling millions of copies though and being a near permanent thing for the future of the switch.

I find this inventive, unique, and something that is very definitively Nintendo...Saying that, I will never even slightly consider buying this lol It's on the level of like Wii accessories.  But it's also not for me, it's for kids, and I can see some young like 6 to 10 year olds thinking this is the coolest dang thing ever.

tpugmire

« Reply #14111 on: January 17, 2018, 08:40:37 pm »
That was pretty much my thinking too. Like, it’s cool and I hope they make tons of money off it, it’s just not for me. If I was 30 years younger, I’d be all over it.
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

desocietas

« Reply #14112 on: January 17, 2018, 08:41:06 pm »

Man, if only i were like 12 again - I'd be all over this (if I had the money then). If anything, I was hoping that there'd be more to the whole thing, like some make-your-own-game features or make-your-own-cardboard-construction. 'cause once you're done with building your 5 pieces or whatever, that part of the fun is gone.

but if anything, I'm glad you all aren't too upset about it and recognize that it's just not for you. there are a lot of folks making jokes on social media, but hey, there are people who want it, and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #14113 on: January 17, 2018, 09:29:02 pm »
If it had more stuff related to actual Nintendo properties, I'd kinda be slightly more interested, I actually like building things, I make Perler Bead projects and do model kits, so creating an interactive accessory seems neat, but the price and just the basic selection makes it more along the lines of like an edutainment thing than a real game.  Like on GameXplain, they brought up how if you could make your own Zapper or Crossbow, and play a new version of Duck Hunt or Link's Crossbow Training with them, that would be neat.

telly

« Reply #14114 on: January 17, 2018, 11:19:26 pm »
I think it's kind of cool to be honest. Not something that I would buy, but as a kid I would have been all over it. I like the cardboard aesthetic. Reminds me of a simpler time making submarines and racecars and robots out of cardboard. :)
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery