Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1528704 times)

pacpix

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #14115 on: January 18, 2018, 12:01:47 am »
I think it's kind of cool to be honest. Not something that I would buy, but as a kid I would have been all over it. I like the cardboard aesthetic. Reminds me of a simpler time making submarines and racecars and robots out of cardboard. :)

I basically feel the same about this.  Like 10 years ago I'd be begging my parents to get this  :D.  I don't see myself getting this, but I think it's a cool idea and will definitely be interested to see all the ideas Nintendo has in store for Labo.   
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

desocietas

« Reply #14116 on: January 18, 2018, 01:45:58 am »
Also, considering the aesthetics of the upcoming Yoshi, it's looking like the year of cardboard ;)
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #14117 on: January 18, 2018, 09:38:15 am »
I'm in the same boat as most folks with the "It looks cool, but it's not for me" mentality.

My wife was considering the robot one when she thought it was a VR headset type of thing.  I had to show her that it was just a headset to hold a joycon to track head movement.

Either it will be a failure and everyone will be able to buy it pretty cheap pretty quick (Likely), or it will be successful (Unlikely with the price point) and there will be no second hand market for these games so brand new purchases only which will lead to the usual "Nintendo purposely under printed this product" (Likely).

rayne315

« Reply #14118 on: January 18, 2018, 10:04:05 am »
I'm in the same boat as most folks with the "It looks cool, but it's not for me" mentality.

My wife was considering the robot one when she thought it was a VR headset type of thing.  I had to show her that it was just a headset to hold a joycon to track head movement.

Either it will be a failure and everyone will be able to buy it pretty cheap pretty quick (Likely), or it will be successful (Unlikely with the price point) and there will be no second hand market for these games so brand new purchases only which will lead to the usual "Nintendo purposely under printed this product" (Likely).

I have yet to see the price point and although I am not the intended audience I am definitely going to buy it and spend time with my nephew doing it. he got a switch this Christmas and is really loving it. he is also creative and loves when I come over and help him build Legos and such so I believe this will be right up his alley.
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

« Reply #14119 on: January 18, 2018, 10:55:00 am »

I have yet to see the price point and although I am not the intended audience I am definitely going to buy it and spend time with my nephew doing it. he got a switch this Christmas and is really loving it. he is also creative and loves when I come over and help him build Legos and such so I believe this will be right up his alley.
$70 for the variety kit.  $80 for the Robot kit.

rayne315

« Reply #14120 on: January 18, 2018, 11:37:51 am »

That doesn't seem too bad honestly. I will need to see more of what the gameplay has to offer but if its sufficient enough I will definitely buy it for my nephew

XIII
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

desocietas

« Reply #14121 on: January 18, 2018, 12:52:23 pm »

That doesn't seem too bad honestly. I will need to see more of what the gameplay has to offer but if its sufficient enough I will definitely buy it for my nephew

It looks like it includes the game that goes with the cardboard peripherals, and considering that 1-2-Switch launched at $50, I think $70/80 is reasonable in the grander scheme.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #14122 on: January 18, 2018, 04:32:56 pm »
Got the connect box for my Tv and now it works.  Apparently the OG PS4 supports HDR, so that's nice.

rayne315

« Reply #14123 on: January 18, 2018, 06:26:44 pm »
for those of you who like puzzles Video game price charting is putting on a video game related puzzle game called "No More Secrets" apparently there are prizes involved. im on the 4th puzzle currently and don't know how many there are but they have been interesting and fun knowing people aren't putting the answers out there. so you actually have to think and research. so far everything has been relatively easy.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2018, 06:29:40 pm by rayne315 »

XIII
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

« Reply #14124 on: January 19, 2018, 08:38:47 am »
for those of you who like puzzles Video game price charting is putting on a video game related puzzle game called "No More Secrets" apparently there are prizes involved. im on the 4th puzzle currently and don't know how many there are but they have been interesting and fun knowing people aren't putting the answers out there. so you actually have to think and research. so far everything has been relatively easy.
Took me a good minute to find the page.  Don't really get what's going on with it.  Are they video game related questions?

Yeah, I give up on the first puzzle.  Especially reading that there are no prizes since the contest ended a while ago.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2018, 09:49:14 am by ignition365 »

rayne315

« Reply #14125 on: January 19, 2018, 04:11:04 pm »
Took me a good minute to find the page.  Don't really get what's going on with it.  Are they video game related questions?

Yeah, I give up on the first puzzle.  Especially reading that there are no prizes since the contest ended a while ago.

lol I just found it yesterday. it was fun as hell (I like these kind of puzzles) and yes every puzzle is video game related.

it covers both knowledge of videogames themselves as wall as their titles in reference to rarity and cryptology.

it sucks that there are no prizes left, but so long as the puzzles exists I will try to get to the end. I am currently on puzzle #9 and am stuck. so im doing what any sensible person would do and brute forcing my way through.

EDIT: hell one of the puzzles required you to alter data to make it readable. that was really fun for me.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2018, 04:16:27 pm by rayne315 »

XIII
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

« Reply #14126 on: January 19, 2018, 04:29:37 pm »

lol I just found it yesterday. it was fun as hell (I like these kind of puzzles) and yes every puzzle is video game related.

it covers both knowledge of videogames themselves as wall as their titles in reference to rarity and cryptology.

it sucks that there are no prizes left, but so long as the puzzles exists I will try to get to the end. I am currently on puzzle #9 and am stuck. so im doing what any sensible person would do and brute forcing my way through.

EDIT: hell one of the puzzles required you to alter data to make it readable. that was really fun for me.
From what I read is that all of the puzzles require stretches or jumps to get to the answer.  I think I get the idea on the first one, but I just don't have any clue what they want you to type.  I thought the cheat code at first, or general strategy, but I'm not really willing to go further than one word answers.

desocietas

« Reply #14127 on: January 22, 2018, 05:27:17 pm »
If folks were interested enough, the Monster Hunter World CE is back in stock: https://www.gamestop.com/ps4/games/monster-hunter-world-collectors-edition-only-at-gamestop/153637

Alternatively, the Best Buy standard edition comes with a bonus steelbook that's not available at other US retailers: https://www.bestbuy.com/site/monster-hunter-world-playstation-4/5918707.p?skuId=5918707
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #14128 on: January 23, 2018, 02:10:33 pm »

From what I read is that all of the puzzles require stretches or jumps to get to the answer.  I think I get the idea on the first one, but I just don't have any clue what they want you to type.  I thought the cheat code at first, or general strategy, but I'm not really willing to go further than one word answers.

My first thought was the password.  I guess not. 
I thought it was a quiz.  I might have had fun with that.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #14129 on: January 25, 2018, 06:10:00 pm »
Did VGCollect get mentioned by a popular YouTuber again? Because it seems like we suddenly got a lot of new blood around here.