Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1599899 times)

turf

PRO Supporter

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #14190 on: February 16, 2018, 06:55:12 pm »
Damnit Amazon!  I was looking forward to spending a rainy weekend playing Bayonetta on my Switch. Instead I got a wireless network adaptor I didn’t order. Shit.

Flashback2012

« Reply #14191 on: February 17, 2018, 11:18:04 am »
Damnit Amazon!  I was looking forward to spending a rainy weekend playing Bayonetta on my Switch. Instead I got a wireless network adaptor I didn’t order. Shit.

Wonder how Amazon managed that.  :P

How was the chili?  ;)

telly

« Reply #14192 on: February 17, 2018, 08:11:53 pm »
So I have a funny story.

Back in December right after Christmas I bought some extension cables for my SNES classic controllers. They never showed up, even after being "delivered" on ebay. I figured that someone had stolen the package and had just moved on, they were like $10.

Well today, I come home and find them on my doorstep, except the package is completely ripped open. I think someone did steal it, opened it up, realised it was a couple cables, then returned it or something because they're worthless if you don't have an SNES Classic lol. I have no idea how it wound up on my doorstep after almost 2 months.
Currently Playing:
Super Paper Mario (Wii), Super Mario Bros. 3 (Wii U)

My music collection | My Backloggery

« Reply #14193 on: February 22, 2018, 08:33:11 am »
In local news... my wife received an email regarding an estate sale, she has a super specific email alert that almost never alerts her, this is the first alert ever.  An estate run by a company infamous for horrible prices on games (usually retro, it is an estate sale after all), is having an estate sale with video games.  The only video game pictured that you can see a price, shows Destiny for PS4 marked at $24.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #14194 on: February 22, 2018, 01:02:18 pm »
Goodwill stores on eBay really suck. I already told you guys about the moldy VHS they sent me a couple weeks back, that was the GoodwillNY, and they wouldn't respond to my messages, had to report it.

Now, a different goodwill eBay store is doing the same. I bought a DVD from them, it came to me with zero padding or packaging, so of course the disc inside was broken, like split in half. And of course, they aren't responding to my messages.

...great charity.

desocietas

« Reply #14195 on: February 22, 2018, 01:14:35 pm »
Goodwill stores on eBay really suck. I already told you guys about the moldy VHS they sent me a couple weeks back, that was the GoodwillNY, and they wouldn't respond to my messages, had to report it.

Now, a different goodwill eBay store is doing the same. I bought a DVD from them, it came to me with zero padding or packaging, so of course the disc inside was broken, like split in half. And of course, they aren't responding to my messages.

...great charity.

Ugggh. That's awful. I see their listings from time to time and think it might be worth it to support the cause, but stories like that... :(
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #14196 on: February 22, 2018, 01:17:00 pm »
And so often they can't be bothered to list a condition or anything.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #14197 on: February 22, 2018, 01:39:11 pm »
The Goodwill store in my area won't put anything out without the original case/artwork. So the worst that happens is you are missing a manual or chapter selection in a DVD.

I figured it was the same policy company wide, so I wasn't worried about condition so much...I've learned my lesson.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #14198 on: February 22, 2018, 01:43:23 pm »
I recently picked up Jumping Flash 2 for PS1. Early open area 3D platformer. Never had the opportunity to play it (or it's predecessor) before.

I really like the controls and level set-ups, lots of fun. However the game is just so damn easy that you get bored quickly. The goals are clearly marked and laid out. The platforming isn't hard at all since your character can freaking jump to the moon. And the enemies are very sparse.

This could've been a PS1 classic, if they had added just a little challenge to the game, because the way your character controls is very fun.

« Reply #14199 on: February 23, 2018, 03:52:38 pm »
So I just got back from only the Gamestop in my area that has been carrying retro lately. I walk in and its all gone, the whole wall they had has been replaced by shitty third party used accessories. I asked the guy behind the counter where everything went and he told me they had to send it all back, something about corporate has been getting too many complaints of fakes and they wanted to do some quality checks on their inventory. There was another customer there who then asked "whats fake" and the guy replied back "Oh some people have been 3D printing old games and trading them in like they are real".......  I really don't like to judge anyone, but his response explains why they are having these issues in the first place.

kashell

« Reply #14200 on: March 01, 2018, 04:16:27 pm »
Sweet. My review for Xenoblade Chronicles 2 won review of the month.

rayne315

« Reply #14201 on: March 01, 2018, 04:31:22 pm »

that's happening more and more often for you. are you getting paid for your reviews?
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

arkaneer

« Reply #14202 on: March 01, 2018, 04:35:13 pm »

Can I read it somewhere? Thinking of getting a Switch soon and that might be my first game.

kashell

« Reply #14203 on: March 01, 2018, 09:15:05 pm »
that's happening more and more often for you. are you getting paid for your reviews?

Nah. Just a gift card to Amazon. I do this because I enjoy it.

Can I read it somewhere? Thinking of getting a Switch soon and that might be my first game.

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/switch/204208-xenoblade-chronicles-2/reviews/165736

« Reply #14204 on: March 02, 2018, 08:10:04 am »
You've been so quiet lately Kash.  Xenoblade taking up your life?