Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1658139 times)

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #14415 on: June 20, 2018, 08:20:49 am »
Console libraries are going to shrink.  So many smaller titles never see full releases, but you could always find them at gamestop.

kashell

« Reply #14416 on: June 20, 2018, 09:18:06 am »
Oh well.

There will always be stuff to play and replay.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #14417 on: June 20, 2018, 04:14:18 pm »
Oh well.

There will always be stuff to play and replay.

I doubt it. 30 years from now my NES games will still work, but will my Xbone games? Probably not.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2018, 04:27:44 pm by burningdoom »

kashell

« Reply #14418 on: June 20, 2018, 04:16:57 pm »
You'll find plenty of other things to play.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #14419 on: June 20, 2018, 04:31:13 pm »
You'll find plenty of other things to play.

I shouldn't have to, that's the stupid part of digital. I paid for the game, I should be able to own it forever.

I still discover new NES games and revisit old ones all the time. Sucks that I won't be able to do the same on my Xbone down the road.

kashell

« Reply #14420 on: June 20, 2018, 04:41:22 pm »
Digital purchases are rentals with cuter outfits. Consumers should realize this.

There are other consoles and games from past eras that can still be discovered.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #14421 on: June 20, 2018, 04:49:43 pm »
Digital purchases are rentals with cuter outfits. Consumers should realize this.

There are other consoles and games from past eras that can still be discovered.

No, I shouldn't realize it. I think that's stupid, and won't be buying a console that goes digital only.

If they really want to present it as a rental, then they should charge rental prices.

kashell

« Reply #14422 on: June 20, 2018, 04:51:05 pm »
I think it's stupid, too. That's why I don't buy anything digitally. But, I'm not upset if it the medium fully goes that route.

Flashback2012

« Reply #14423 on: June 21, 2018, 02:31:49 am »
Well, it is a sad day, VGCollectors. It looks like the days of physical releases are numbered. It's kind of hard to ignore this sign:

GameStop Confirms Buyout Talks as Downloads Take Their Toll

I'm sure digital downloads shoulder some of the blame but A LOT of this is because of years of mismanagement finally caught up to them. I worked for them for 10+ years part-time and witnessed it first hand so I'm not just being an angry bandwagoner jumping on the GS hate.

« Reply #14424 on: June 21, 2018, 08:08:19 am »
A lot of folks are talking about how once the X1 servers go down you won't be able to play physical X1 games anyway.  At the very least, you won't be able to buy an X1 that has been formatted and play games, since it requires an internet connection on initial setup.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #14425 on: June 21, 2018, 12:46:49 pm »
Well, it is a sad day, VGCollectors. It looks like the days of physical releases are numbered. It's kind of hard to ignore this sign:

GameStop Confirms Buyout Talks as Downloads Take Their Toll

I'm sure digital downloads shoulder some of the blame but A LOT of this is because of years of mismanagement finally caught up to them. I worked for them for 10+ years part-time and witnessed it first hand so I'm not just being an angry bandwagoner jumping on the GS hate.

I don't hate GameStop. I do know how crappy they treat their employees, though. I only worked there for a Christmas season to earn some extra holiday cash, and I still got screwed around with crap like come in for 2 hours a day 6 days a week instead of just giving me a full shift.

On the customer side of things, the only thing that bothered me was their incredibly crappy trade-in values. But the simple solution to that is to just sell your stuff on collecting Facebook groups or eBay.

They actually have some pretty damn good deals on used games. I'll be sad to see that go.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #14426 on: June 22, 2018, 12:53:51 pm »
Did anyone play Syphon Filter back in the day?

Remember the taser? And how you could fry people to death if you kept it on them long enough? Someone really needs to make that happen in a modern game.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #14427 on: June 24, 2018, 01:09:38 pm »
110 degrees today...is that really necessary?

bantha

« Reply #14428 on: June 25, 2018, 09:00:08 am »

Good lord!

It never gets that hot in the UK. If it did, I think I would actually die.

« Reply #14429 on: June 25, 2018, 09:49:22 am »
It is 20 degrees where I am right now and feels like one of the hottest days of the year.