Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1530004 times)

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #15000 on: February 04, 2020, 11:27:41 am »
Post 15,000!

A true milestone.

Kash, did I read correctly that you're now officially off the market?

Also, is anyone playing board games these days? It's nice to be off the internet/screen for a while...
I have started playing D&D with a shitty group and shittier DM off and on lately.  Also Dice Throne as always.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #15001 on: February 04, 2020, 11:29:31 am »

Also, is anyone playing board games these days? It's nice to be off the internet/screen for a while...
I wish I could try some board games. I just don’t have anyone to play with.

kashell

« Reply #15002 on: February 04, 2020, 11:30:35 am »

Yes ma'am! As they say in the south, "We done did the damn thing!" last April. <3

For board games, just D&D.

desocietas

« Reply #15003 on: February 04, 2020, 11:38:41 am »

Yes ma'am! As they say in the south, "We done did the damn thing!" last April. <3

Congrats! The bf and I are now the fiancé and I though the official date is still TBH.

Do y'all do D&D in person or through other means? I used to play with Scott (remember that guy?) over Skype (remember that program?), but that group has since fizzled out. Some friends have expressed interest in the past, but no one has DM experience. I'm thinking of giving it a try, but I'm not a good storyteller, and it seems like a loooooot of work...

No one in the family is interested?
« Last Edit: February 04, 2020, 11:42:17 am by desocietas »
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

telly

« Reply #15004 on: February 04, 2020, 11:39:14 am »
I love Dominion, and there are a couple co-op board games called Forbidden Island/Desert that I love too  :)
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

« Reply #15005 on: February 04, 2020, 11:44:16 am »

Congrats! The bf and I are now the fiancé and I though the official date is still TBH.

Do y'all do D&D in person or through other means? I used to play with Scott (remember that guy?) over Skype (remember that program?), but that group has since fizzled out. Some friends have expressed interest in the past, but no one has DM experience. I'm thinking of giving it a try, but I'm not a good teller, and it seems like a loooooot of work...

No one in the family is interested?
We play over discord.  I am in the process of learning to DM because our DM is kind of a dick.

kashell

« Reply #15006 on: February 04, 2020, 11:55:10 am »

Thanks, and right back at ya! Your guy is a keeper, for sure.

We play D&D in person. The DM is awesome. He knows the game like the back of his hand and implements the rules as needed, but is also super lenient in certain parts and emphasizes the importance of the "rule of cool." Also, he's not always trying to kill the party with ridiculous encounters.

I still have some issues with D&D because, when you get right down to it, your experience is dependent on how your d20 rolls. It's easy to get discouraged when the dice aren't working.

« Reply #15007 on: February 04, 2020, 12:13:30 pm »

I’m actually running Session 0 of a Star Trek Adventures game this Friday.  I haven’t DM’d in years, so it should be interesting.

« Reply #15008 on: February 04, 2020, 12:42:17 pm »
Post 15,000!

A true milestone.
IT’S OVER 9000!!!!!!!

desocietas

« Reply #15009 on: February 04, 2020, 12:45:28 pm »
I love Dominion, and there are a couple co-op board games called Forbidden Island/Desert that I love too  :)

My brother has Dominion - I have yet to try it still! It's actually sitting behind me since we have a board game collection at work.
Forbidden Desert is great; the dynamic tile board aspect is really neat since I hadn't seen anything like that before.
I haven't played Forbidden Island yet - do you have a preference between the two?

I have started playing D&D with a shitty group and shittier DM off and on lately.  Also Dice Throne as always.

Hm, I'm curious what makes a DM bad. Is it just his attitude? Too rigid to the rules?
And I keep looking out for Dice Throne at my LGS. Looking at Amazon, there's the Kickstarter seasons and then others that are VS boxes. Is the game unavailable?
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #15010 on: February 04, 2020, 01:04:13 pm »

My brother has Dominion - I have yet to try it still! It's actually sitting behind me since we have a board game collection at work.
Forbidden Desert is great; the dynamic tile board aspect is really neat since I hadn't seen anything like that before.
I haven't played Forbidden Island yet - do you have a preference between the two?

Hm, I'm curious what makes a DM bad. Is it just his attitude? Too rigid to the rules?
And I keep looking out for Dice Throne at my LGS. Looking at Amazon, there's the Kickstarter seasons and then others that are VS boxes. Is the game unavailable?
He is a combination of things.  He constantly "rolls" nat 20s.  He always aims to kill us.  He does the devil's paw thing where he construes what you say in the worst way possible.  He has tried to say many times that if you dont explicitly state things you didnt do it.  He tried to claim we were all unarmed because we left the inn and town and didnt state we were grabbing our equipment, bags, gear, etc.  He also changes the rules to fit his plans.  He had an action i did kill an npc because chaos when the spell explicitly states it cant affect items being worn or carried.

As for Dice Throne, i always do the KS, but you can usually get it at LGS, and then folks see it at like Barnes and noble and amazon sometimes.  Some stuff is available through backerkit at dicethrone.com. frequently they are at BG cons too

pzeke

« Reply #15011 on: February 04, 2020, 01:10:08 pm »
Ladies and Gentlemen, I want to lead with this is an Internet forum. It is not life or death.  Grow up.

Maybe you should take your own advice, there was no need to be dramatic.

For years, this forum has been drama and bullshit free. It’s been one of the last bastions of hope on the internet. It has been an enjoyable place where I have made legit friends.  Now, several years in, our site has turned into a place for a few to bicker and whine. What used to be a place where we folks shared a love and interest in old video games, has devolved into something akin to every other forum on the internet.

I want to thank you all that have made this a wonderful place for me to check daily. I want to thank the folks that helped me through hard times and shared amazing experiences with.

Now, to you assholes that have stolen our fun, please leave us alone.  I’m asking nicely. Please move on to another forum and spread your poison. We don’t need it here. I know that I am not alone in saying you are tolerated here, not welcomed.

And to the point of me posting 10 times in a row. I’ve been a part of this thread since it’s beginning. It is something just a tad bit sacred to us that have been active here for a long time.  Then, an argument over some comment in another thread bled over to here. I did something silly to try to change the direction of the thread and celebrate that it had lasted so long.  It was in the spirit of lightheartedness and I thought it was fun.  If you don’t like it, move on.

So your idea to diffuse “the situation” was to break the rules? And your reasoning is because you’ve been posting in this thread since its inception and because you have been here for however many years now? Got it.

Excellent way to undermine the fact a figure of “power” within this forum decided to abuse his administrative privilege for the sake of censoring others given his terrible misjudgment. It’s pitiable seeing some of you huddled up in a bubble and not seeing this for what it is and taking at the very least a stance of disapproval given a sense of favoritism is so clear-cut around here; this is a terrible way to manage a forum...or any website for that matter. And for transparency’s sake, I actually reported your posts for spam given the “high volume of low quality posts” rule, which I’m using to scope the preferential treatment around here.

Now, whether you want to believe me or not, I want nothing but the best for this website—I freaking like it, but I think it has an insurmountable potential that has taken well over 5 years now to unearth and has yet to be done, which is sad. So much that can be done, but the place feels stagnant most of the time. Over the course of my time here all we’ve gotten are rather superfluous updates that add nothing to the overall presentation of the website. The phrase “a diamond in the rough’ perfectly comes to mind to encapsulate the state the website is in.

I know you're all having a nice board game conversation and all, but in all honesty, and while this is an "Internet forum", I  think what transpired shouldn't be tolerated, and at the very least should be admonished. Many of you give seether a lot of flak for the way he behaves, and even banned him, yet a figure of "order" within the forum commits an act of suppression towards its denizens and it's, for the lack of a better word, scoffed at. That shouldn't be acceptable.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2020, 01:18:02 pm by pzeke »

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!

desocietas

« Reply #15012 on: February 04, 2020, 01:23:03 pm »
He is a combination of things.  He constantly "rolls" nat 20s.  He always aims to kill us.  He does the devil's paw thing where he construes what you say in the worst way possible.  He has tried to say many times that if you dont explicitly state things you didnt do it.  He tried to claim we were all unarmed because we left the inn and town and didnt state we were grabbing our equipment, bags, gear, etc.  He also changes the rules to fit his plans.  He had an action i did kill an npc because chaos when the spell explicitly states it cant affect items being worn or carried.

Ooo, haha, yeah, the ones that look for any way to screw the party over. That's really rough. They might call it "tough love," but it certainly makes the players less likely to continue.

As for Dice Throne, i always do the KS, but you can usually get it at LGS, and then folks see it at like Barnes and noble and amazon sometimes.  Some stuff is available through backerkit at dicethrone.com. frequently they are at BG cons too

Sweet - thanks for the tips!

I know you're all having a nice board game conversation and all, but in all honesty, and while this is an "Internet forum", I  think what transpired shouldn't be tolerated, and at the very least should be admonished. Many of you give seether a lot of flak for the way he behaves, and even banned him, yet a figure of "order" within the forum commits an act of suppression towards its denizens and it's, for the lack of a better word, scoffed at. That shouldn't be acceptable.

pzeke, I don't know if I've interacted with you much, but I see and hear you. I don't know the situation, I'm afraid, but what's done is apparently done, and with as much hostility and negativity already on the internet and IRL, can we just move on? The rules are just recently posted, and prior to that, mods had to make decisions from what they could see. We're hoping that with rules now available for all to see, some consistency can now be found moving forward.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #15013 on: February 04, 2020, 01:31:22 pm »
What turf did has previous precedence in this thread - which is specifically labeled as a “whatever you want to post” location in the first post.  It’s even discussed how posting here helps to stop a bunch of contentless filler posts in “Off Topic”.  If seether posted half the stuff he creates brand new posts for here, there would be far fewer issues with his content.  And if turf did the same thing in another thread admonishment would fully be in order.

As for the “censoring” in the other thread:  I had posts deleted, too.  No messages, no warnings.  Am I curious about it?  Sure.  All I did was explain the definition of two things and get summarily dismissed.  But I’m also not the one that was calling another user a “baby”.  So I don’t care if they stay or go.

And with that I’m done talking about it.

kashell

« Reply #15014 on: February 04, 2020, 01:34:24 pm »
Five G's please.

"Good God girl getta grip."