Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1517143 times)

telly

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #15075 on: March 22, 2020, 08:10:32 pm »
Has anyone who owns Shovel Knight tried the Showdown mode at all?

I gave it a go last night and it was wicked fun. Plays like Shovel Knight Smash Bros.
Currently Playing:
DOOM (PS4)

My music collection | My Backloggery

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #15076 on: March 23, 2020, 08:19:14 pm »

I gave it a go last night and it was wicked fun. Plays like Shovel Knight Smash Bros.

Sure have!  It’s a blast!

telly

« Reply #15077 on: March 23, 2020, 09:36:50 pm »

Sure have!  It’s a blast!

I've been playing through King of Cards when I noticed it. Glad I decided to check it out.
Currently Playing:
DOOM (PS4)

azure

« Reply #15078 on: March 25, 2020, 09:12:09 pm »
Hope everyone is enjoying their mandatory stay at home time :P. Of course there would be a pandemic after deciding to enter the market for a house, wish me luck.

« Reply #15079 on: March 25, 2020, 11:55:49 pm »
Hope everyone is enjoying their mandatory stay at home time :P . Of course there would be a pandemic after deciding to enter the market for a house, wish me luck.

I'm no real estate expert, but if you haven't bought yet you might want to hold off. I'm pretty sure the world economy is in a death spiral right now, and it's only going to get much worse over the next year or two. Because of the virus there is a massive a number of layoffs, unpaid debts, and some very, very concerning moves from world governments and their central banks to keep the market propped up. I'm not try to scare you, but help if it's not too late. All that aside we're still in a massive seller's market given how ridiculously high housing prices are pretty much all over the first world.

On a much more lighthearted note, I've been trying to play more games, however work has been busier for me in the last 2-weeks than it has anytime over the last 6-months. Our entire company has transitioned to remote work, which fortunately we're able to do since we do mental health services, but as a result it's taken a ton of change to get things working properly. Luckily it's started to smooth out and most people are pretty well transitioned to weather this out, even if it ends up lasting until June like some are predicting. I hope to play a lot of games during that time. Fortunately I'm ahead on the 52-games challenge still and I hope to keep it that way :p

tripredacus

« Reply #15080 on: March 26, 2020, 09:48:26 am »
Hope everyone is enjoying their mandatory stay at home time :P.

No such luck for me. I work in manufacturing, so as long as the sites remain open, I will have to go into work.
However, I am already a remote worker. I do not work at the sites, but the place I am at is small and I have a private office.

« Reply #15081 on: March 26, 2020, 12:53:40 pm »
Hope everyone is enjoying their mandatory stay at home time :P. Of course there would be a pandemic after deciding to enter the market for a house, wish me luck.

Up until yesterday afternoon, I had to report to work but now I have no work until further notice so Im hunkered down for real this time. I do still have to content with classes online but other than that, will try to make the best of this hunkering if you will.

telly

« Reply #15082 on: March 26, 2020, 01:06:27 pm »
I'm writing for my dissertation so work has pretty much not changed at all for me :P Stopped working in the hospital about a week before everything started getting really bad though, so I feel for my fellow nurses.
Currently Playing:
DOOM (PS4)

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #15083 on: March 26, 2020, 09:47:35 pm »
I’m still working. Oil prices are down and road construction contractors want to lay asphalt!
So, I’m making sure the citizens of this state are getting what they pay for.

mark1982

« Reply #15084 on: March 27, 2020, 02:30:46 am »
Working from home is pretty much the same as the office, just a lot more distractions with my daughter running around in her walker :P

I work in Games Distribution / Marketing in charge of all the creative assets. People still need their video games dammit! ;D
  l    l 

« Reply #15085 on: March 27, 2020, 07:44:46 am »
Been working from home for a couple of weeks and it sounds like months more.

tripredacus

« Reply #15086 on: March 27, 2020, 09:42:58 am »
Working from home is pretty much the same as the office, just a lot more distractions with my daughter running around in her walker :P

I had worked from home before but only on special projects. It still was not enough for me to answer this question I heard on the radio:
"If you are working from home, how do you call in sick?"  :D

tpugmire

« Reply #15087 on: March 27, 2020, 02:52:01 pm »
We don’t get to work from home, everybody is shopping online, so I’m busier than I’ve been in a while.  I’m actually kind of enjoying it since there’s virtually no traffic. It reminds me of how it was in the early 90’s when I was learning to drive, before everyone from California moved here.
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

« Reply #15088 on: March 27, 2020, 11:39:55 pm »
My Best Buy "Gamer Club Unlocked" expired at 11pm last night :( I did use the hell out of it though.

Been a shotty day to say the least.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2021, 07:12:29 pm by wolff242 »

mark1982

« Reply #15089 on: March 28, 2020, 12:29:13 am »

I had worked from home before but only on special projects. It still was not enough for me to answer this question I heard on the radio:
"If you are working from home, how do you call in sick?"  :D

heh, I guess that's the bad part of working at home, no sick leave.

Actually, I will still claim it and just not do anything ;)
  l    l