Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1531625 times)

turf

PRO Supporter

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #15375 on: October 15, 2020, 01:17:45 am »
I tell you what, I’ve been working nights and that makes a lot more time for video games.
I barely see my wife and kid, but I’ve played a lot of games.
I’ve played the shit out of Def Jam Fight for New York, Diablo 3, and Super Mario 35.

pzeke

« Reply #15376 on: October 15, 2020, 07:02:56 pm »
I couldn't help reading that in Hank Hill's voice. I tell you hwhat.

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #15377 on: October 15, 2020, 09:36:50 pm »
Damn it Bobby

kashell

« Reply #15378 on: October 16, 2020, 08:26:51 am »
Damn it Bobby
Propane.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #15379 on: October 16, 2020, 09:51:49 am »
Damn it Bobby
Propane.

I sell propane and propane accessories

pzeke

« Reply #15380 on: October 23, 2020, 11:34:16 am »
PSA: I reckon we're collector's here and know how to handle games and whatnot, but if you're an eBay seller, please avoid doing this shit.

Either get a towel or leave the disc in its case, there's no need to do this. I'm pretty sure the guy didn't bother to pick those discs approrpiately and just opted to slide them off the table without remorse.

When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.

« Reply #15381 on: October 26, 2020, 01:42:55 am »
PSA: I reckon we're collector's here and know how to handle games and whatnot, but if you're an eBay seller, please avoid doing this shit.

Either get a towel or leave the disc in its case, there's no need to do this. I'm pretty sure the guy didn't bother to pick those discs approrpiately and just opted to slide them off the table without remorse.

I sell on ebay. I leave my disc in the case to show the disc is there. This is gross. Who knows what kind of bacteria might be in table cloths or worst bed sheets

Warmsignal

« Reply #15382 on: October 26, 2020, 10:50:20 am »
There is plenty of bacteria on every used game. If you buy a used game, find a gentle cleaner and towel and just go over it a bit (mindfully, of course). You would be surprised to see the grossness that comes off of used games and games cases; your towel will become filthy.

pzeke

« Reply #15383 on: October 27, 2020, 10:57:40 am »
Well, my post wasn't particularly about germs, it was more in line with the possible damage the discs might have incurred when this seller—maybe—slid them off the table. But sure, germs... The table looks to be rather clean, though. But I digress.

I sell on ebay. I leave my disc in the case to show the disc is there. This is gross. Who knows what kind of bacteria might be in table cloths or worst bed sheets

If need be I tend to use a towel to place my items on for the sake of a slightly more presentable photograph, but these towels are always kept clean. Either way, I make sure to clean every item I sell before packaging.

By the way, while I'm at it; I normally wouldn't do this, but after conversing with other colleagues of mine that also sell on eBay, and knowing there are others here that do as well, I had to come here and make this post, which I've been meaning to make for a while if I'm being honest: if you value your time, add ibuyso-58 to your BBL.

Long story short, this guy will buy your stuff, wait about a week, and then contact you to make demands—demands that whether you fulfill or not will still net you low DSRs and unfair feedback. He will also initiate INAD cases EVEN if you agree to a partial refund* or take too long to answer his messages. Although already implied, I still would like to be direct in telling this isn't something I went through, it's all based on accounts from other people I know; however, these are people I trust and value, and their advise I never hesitate to consider. Given this guy is still at large, I would strongly advise any of you who sell on eBay to block him...for your sanity's sake.

*Never offer or agree to a partial refund.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #15384 on: October 27, 2020, 11:49:40 am »
Freaking eBay. My perfect feedback since 2004, lost.

Buyer said artwork was missing on a game even though I said it was included. It was included. You can clearly see it in the pics. I contacted the buyer to ask about it, he thought artwork included meant map, too. I never said it included the map. The map was never in the pics.

So I relay this to eBay in a feedback removal request, and it's denied.

Now I look like a lying, garbage seller. >:(

tripredacus

« Reply #15385 on: October 27, 2020, 12:13:22 pm »
As long as you reply to the negative feedback in a good way, people can go and read it. What is your pct now? I wouldn't worry about it if you are below 99.0%. That's my cutoff for buying from sellers that are not in SEA. I'm sure other people have different tolerance levels regarding a seller's feedback.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #15386 on: October 27, 2020, 12:54:25 pm »
I did reply. I just hate seeing it's not 100% anymore.

« Reply #15387 on: October 27, 2020, 03:12:18 pm »

Buyer said artwork was missing on a game even though I said it was included. It was included. You can clearly see it in the pics. I contacted the buyer to ask about it, he thought artwork included meant map, too. I never said it included the map. The map was never in the pics.

Happened to me years ago when I sold a Red-ring 360.  I listed it as a 360 "Arcade" which did not come with an HDD.  I listed everything that I was sending in the body of the listing.  Took several pictures.  There was a 360 HDD sitting in the background of one of the photos.  Got negative feedback for not sending the HDD.  Told him "Nowhere in this listing does it say there is an HDD included."  Couldn't get it removed.

« Reply #15388 on: October 27, 2020, 04:55:00 pm »
Well, my post wasn't particularly about germs, it was more in line with the possible damage the discs might have incurred when this seller—maybe—slid them off the table. But sure, germs... The table looks to be rather clean, though. But I digress.

If need be I tend to use a towel to place my items on for the sake of a slightly more presentable photograph, but these towels are always kept clean. Either way, I make sure to clean every item I sell before packaging.

By the way, while I'm at it; I normally wouldn't do this, but after conversing with other colleagues of mine that also sell on eBay, and knowing there are others here that do as well, I had to come here and make this post, which I've been meaning to make for a while if I'm being honest: if you value your time, add ibuyso-58 to your BBL.

Long story short, this guy will buy your stuff, wait about a week, and then contact you to make demands—demands that whether you fulfill or not will still net you low DSRs and unfair feedback. He will also initiate INAD cases EVEN if you agree to a partial refund* or take too long to answer his messages. Although already implied, I still would like to be direct in telling this isn't something I went through, it's all based on accounts from other people I know; however, these are people I trust and value, and their advise I never hesitate to consider. Given this guy is still at large, I would strongly advise any of you who sell on eBay to block him...for your sanity's sake.

*Never offer or agree to a partial refund.

Sounds like a headache. Thanks for the heads up. So far I havent had any issues with people who have bought my stuff but you hear these horror stories that are a bigger headache than they ought to be.

pzeke

« Reply #15389 on: October 27, 2020, 08:21:48 pm »

The feedback removal request option is very specific, so unless it happens to be a clear violation, you're essentially wasting your time.

This is what you should do: maintain communication with the buyer to try and work things out, especially seeing as this was a mistake from their part, which is something you should reiterate. Just point out again that by artwork you meant the cover (or whatever it was in this case), and since the map is absent in the pictures provided in the listing, as well as it wasn't mentioned in the description it therefore wasn't included. Tell the buyer that if they're not satisfied, to return the game for a refund, but be specific in telling them that it will be at their expense given the circumstance. Also, politely tell them that the feedback that they left you was completely unfair considering they clearly overlooked information. If they reply not wanting to work things out, simply tell them politely once again that this is all due to their own mistake and that their response is unfair. In the event the buyer agrees with you that they made a mistake in regards to the feedback they left you, which they already did according to your post, tell them that you will send a feedback revision request and go from there.

You should take this situation as a learning experience to always specify what an item you're selling has and doesn't have. It may seem like an exercise in futility when you provide detailed pictures of the item you're selling, but in the eBay ecosystem this is mandatory considering the lack of common sense most buyers seem to have.

Now, with that said, if your communication with the buyer goes nowhere, contact customer support, and if possible during the morning before 12PM. Unfortunately, eBay did away with telephone support, so support now goes through chat due to the pandemic, but you can still get about the same results. Once you get an agent to chat with you, explain your situation and tell them you tried working things out with the buyer, and ask them to see your private conversation with the buyer so that they can see this. Express to the agent that your listing was clear in specifying what it included and didn't include and that the buyer by their own admission expressed to you that they confused one thing with the other, and that if they were in doubt they could've easily contacted you prior to purchasing the item to clear any confusion they could've had. Express that you believe the feedback you received from this buyer is completely unfair and does not represent the item you sold given the feedback they left is entirely about something that was never advertised in your listing, as they overlooked information, and as such you—respectfully—believe should be removed. Bring up that you've been selling for X amount of years and this is the first time you have to deal with something like this; however, don't belabor this and just mention it once and be done with it.

Keep in mind, and let the customer support agent know that you know that a buyer has to keep feedback relevant to the item they bought, and that in this case you have the right to contact support to refute the feedback you were given. If you're unfortunate to get an agent that proves to be unhelpful, I would recommend to just thank them for their time and contact customer support again until you get an agent that is willing to actually look over your case/claims—this is the reason why contacting customer support during the morning before 12PM is preferred.

Reference links:
Seller performance and feedback policy
Replying to feedback you received for an item you sold
Handling feedback disputes with sellers

As long as you reply to the negative feedback in a good way, people can go and read it. What is your pct now? I wouldn't worry about it if you are below 99.0%. That's my cutoff for buying from sellers that are not in SEA. I'm sure other people have different tolerance levels regarding a seller's feedback.

I've bought from sellers with a feedback rating as low as 78% before, all you have to do is read the feedback they've received and judge from there. Many sellers receive negative feedback that's warranted, but others do get the kind that's out of this world stupid.

Sounds like a headache. Thanks for the heads up. So far I havent had any issues with people who have bought my stuff but you hear these horror stories that are a bigger headache than they ought to be.

Eventually he'll lose his MBG privileges, but it'll be too late before that happens given how long eBay takes to reprimand these type of people. It's also unfortunate that most sellers tend to give in instead of putting their foot down and defend themselves.

Lastly, since we were on the topic of germs, I received a package today, and gross is an understatement...

I reckon this is how I was brought up and not everyone is the same, unfortunately; but honestly, if you're going to sell something, whatever it may be, is it too much to ask to be a sensible person and clean whatever you're selling before shipping it? While I've received dirtier, outright filthier packages before, it still was a gross experience to handle and clean these games.

Anyway, sorry for the wall of text.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2020, 08:28:20 pm by pzeke »