Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1517018 times)

covfefe2020

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #15690 on: April 07, 2021, 03:26:08 pm »
Thanks
The Benevolent and Powerful covfefe2020

« Reply #15691 on: April 10, 2021, 04:10:56 pm »
Has anyone been following the price of classic Pokemon games lately? They've been going crazy. CIB Emerald is up to 480 on price charting. It's like everything started to spike at the beginning of this year. I'm thinking it might be time to start cashing in some of my stuff.

covfefe2020

« Reply #15692 on: April 10, 2021, 04:15:47 pm »
I´m going to go the lazy route and just say its pandemic related. https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/retro-video-game-values-increase-33-since-the-start-of-covid-lockdowns-301263836.html But Ill bet it probably has something to do with the 90´s kids who played Gen 3 starting to hit their 30´s now. I´ll need a miracle to get a cheap copy of pkmn XD

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #15693 on: April 10, 2021, 10:09:06 pm »
Has anyone been following the price of classic Pokemon games lately? They've been going crazy. CIB Emerald is up to 480 on price charting. It's like everything started to spike at the beginning of this year. I'm thinking it might be time to start cashing in some of my stuff.

I’m really considering cashing out.
My collection could pay off my house.

covfefe2020

« Reply #15694 on: April 11, 2021, 12:05:33 pm »
is ¨cashing out¨ a term for selling your whole collection? Have you calculated how much youve spent on it total compared to how much you will get for it?

Flashback2012

« Reply #15695 on: April 11, 2021, 12:17:01 pm »
is ¨cashing out¨ a term for selling your whole collection? Have you calculated how much youve spent on it total compared to how much you will get for it?

I don't know about selling the whole thing but definitely the hottest items that are going for insane money right now. I'd be willing to bet Turf (and others) would keep their systems and just a handful of games that are infinitely replayable but aren't in obscene demand. Something like Guacamelee on Switch would still be on his shelf (it better be, it was a gift from me!  :P) but I have to imagine if someone with more money than sense was like "I will give you teh big monies for your NES collection, like BIG MONIES; I imagine Turf would have a hard time saying no.  8)

« Reply #15696 on: April 11, 2021, 04:00:09 pm »

handhelds and physically made  handheld game prices are hot right now, and I personally don't think there worth it so, as long as their hot and if you don't enjoy them I'd sell them, but only if you won't miss them when their gone.

lets not forget the countless fake Pokémon games out their, a lot of people buy games when their cheap just to sell them off when hot, meaning that a lot of them, might not even be originals, but personally I would not care but, that's me. I only buy games to have them legally.

I personally taboo (edit) free ROM's and pirated software because of my belief that all illegal and unfair things can promote some bad luck, you guys can laugh but, I'm vary superstitious, and I've been burned before so.

My confession is I do have Atari 2600 ROM's for a portable device but as far as my research goes. Atari Age is a site that gives them out for free, to use with such devices. And since the SD slot was on the Atari Flashback handheld itself, and the fact that I could not find any games sold on AtGames Website for it

you get the point. ::)

I also get a few mods and free software from trusted sources as well

« Last Edit: April 11, 2021, 04:11:29 pm by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

« Reply #15697 on: April 12, 2021, 10:28:03 am »

Yeah, I could pay off my house and then buy another house.  I'm actively parting out bits of my collection and considering moving towards everdrives and such

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #15698 on: April 12, 2021, 11:53:54 am »

Yeah. I’m calling “cashing out” selling my whole collection.
And I guarantee I’ve spent pennies on the dollar of what my collection is worth today.

« Reply #15699 on: April 12, 2021, 12:54:40 pm »
It's insane how prices having on the up rise the way they have in the past year. I don't have a single item that's super expensive but it is interesting seeing games that were bought years ago for fairly cheap skyrocketing. Gotta wonder how long this lasts

covfefe2020

« Reply #15700 on: April 12, 2021, 01:04:04 pm »
can you think of any examples of games going up in price but then dropping back down? From my knowledge since retro games are in a limited amount, they can only become more scarce as time goes on. Even the games being released again on newer consoles just leads to more people wanting to buy the older ones.

« Reply #15701 on: April 12, 2021, 03:52:17 pm »
Funny. So I sold my copy of Pokemon Emerald years ago, but I still have the box. I had totally forgotten that I had it still until recently. I ended up listing it on ebay.

As for "cashing in," I don't plan on selling everything. Just a few items here and there I don't really have any connect with.

kashell

« Reply #15702 on: April 13, 2021, 08:03:36 am »
I don't think I'd ever cash in, but I have been continuing to prune as of late. There are still some games out there I'm interested in and selling off ones that don't have any meaning and/or ones that I have no desire to replay helps fund their acquisition.

Warmsignal

« Reply #15703 on: April 14, 2021, 12:35:24 pm »
The good news is, I don't have COVID. The bad news is, people on eBay must be running a massive temperature, because they're delirious.

It's so obnoxious when someone posts up something that is highly sought after, and they put a crazy don't-really-wanna-sell it price on the stuff. There's a guy on there that listed some kinda rare and sought after games, asking literally 3x the price of what they normally sell for. Nearly a grand each, for some games that normally sell for a couple hundred each. Is it a joke? Or is he trying to bait some really desperate fools? There's nothing special about them, they're just ordinary pre-owned average condition CIB. Go to his seller profile and pretty much everything he sells is like crazy high. Not sure if he's the type of seller who just preys on desperation, or he doesn't really wanna sell.

He's got a few things I would pay pretty much top dollar for, but I'm not paying 3x top dollar. I hope no one else will either.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #15704 on: April 14, 2021, 12:54:34 pm »
The good news is, I don't have COVID. The bad news is, people on eBay must be running a massive temperature, because they're delirious.

Good to hear!