Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1516987 times)

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #15720 on: April 26, 2021, 11:30:07 pm »
Lawnmower decided to not work today... neighbor's Lawnmower isn't working either currently. So guess who just cut the lawn with a weedwacker.

Do you have a Gas or Electric Lawnmower? I know it's none of my business but. My current household uses a plug in Electric lawnmower.

With an electric lawnmower the ONLY thing that bad about it is the fact that you got to make sure you don't run over the cord, but we've used an electric mower for years, we never have to crank it, up and we never need any, gas, or oil for it.  It's even been powerful enough to cut through up to 1 foot of grass and weeds.

ours has both bag and mulcher option but we don't use the bag
« Last Edit: April 26, 2021, 11:34:57 pm by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #15721 on: April 27, 2021, 10:08:51 am »
Lawnmower decided to not work today... neighbor's Lawnmower isn't working either currently. So guess who just cut the lawn with a weedwacker.

Do you have a Gas or Electric Lawnmower? I know it's none of my business but. My current household uses a plug in Electric lawnmower.

Gas mower. Doesn't matter cause the neighbor I tried to barrow from has an electric and that was a no go. I probably just had some bad gas since it was sitting around for a while.

Flashback2012

« Reply #15722 on: April 27, 2021, 10:39:06 am »

Gas mower. Doesn't matter cause the neighbor I tried to barrow from has an electric and that was a no go. I probably just had some bad gas since it was sitting around for a while.

This is usually the case where you get some water build up in the fuel line and it messes things up. Also, I too am a member of the lawn-trimmed-by-weedwacker club.  :o ;D

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #15723 on: April 27, 2021, 11:49:26 am »

With an electric lawnmower the ONLY thing that bad about it is the fact that you got to make sure you don't run over the cord, but we've used an electric mower for years, we never have to crank it, up and we never need any, gas, or oil for it.  It's even been powerful enough to cut through up to 1 foot of grass and weeds.

ours has both bag and mulcher option but we don't use the bag

I 100% agree. Since moving to an electric lawn mower, I never have to tinker with it to get it going. Starts every single time.

And I don't have to worry about any cord. My model uses a rechargeable battery. Use the same on my weed wacker.

« Reply #15724 on: April 27, 2021, 12:18:59 pm »
So life has been pretty crazy with studying for certifications, being super busy at work, and making time for exercising and stuff.  I haven't had a ton of time for video games in that I'm only marginally closer to the 52 game goal than I was in January...

And now, every single day for the past week some neighbor has been blaring tejano music.  My direct neighbor has contributed 5 of those days playing from 11am to 7pm most days with one day them going from 11am-11pm and one day starting at like 8am.  Really bass-y stuff.  Another neighbor contributed a single day from like 6pm-10pm, no bass, pretty deal-able in general, but I've been dealing with the other neighbor so everything is stressing me out.  And then last night, another neighbor started blaring tejano music around 6pm until about 11pm, pretty sure this neighbor is like 6 houses down and it sounded like they were right next door that's how loud it was.  Life has been hell this past week.  I had a couple of mental breakdowns and panic attacks, I'm hearing music when there is no music.  We live outside of city limits so I have no recourse other than trying to sue them.  I'm not particularly happy here anyway, so I'm happy to move... and I may still reach out to a lawyer regardless.

I've packed like 10 boxes of video games so far (All NES, All Xbox, 1/2 360, 1/3 SNES, 1/8 PS1, ALL PSVR, 1/4 PS3, 1/4 3DS, and like 20 BDs) and probably need to pack another 60-70 boxes of just video games.

Get to figure out and go through the process of buying and selling a house

pzeke

« Reply #15725 on: April 27, 2021, 12:30:01 pm »

Try with a machete and a rake. You'll love yourself in the morning.

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #15726 on: April 27, 2021, 12:42:49 pm »

Try with a machete and a rake. You'll love yourself in the morning.

I mean I've done it with a sharpen stick as a kid.

pzeke

« Reply #15727 on: April 27, 2021, 12:53:07 pm »
Then ditch the lawnmower and the string trimmer and cut your lawn like a real man, then.

When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.

« Reply #15728 on: April 27, 2021, 01:34:07 pm »
So life has been pretty crazy with studying for certifications, being super busy at work, and making time for exercising and stuff.  I haven't had a ton of time for video games in that I'm only marginally closer to the 52 game goal than I was in January...

And now, every single day for the past week some neighbor has been blaring tejano music.  My direct neighbor has contributed 5 of those days playing from 11am to 7pm most days with one day them going from 11am-11pm and one day starting at like 8am.  Really bass-y stuff.  Another neighbor contributed a single day from like 6pm-10pm, no bass, pretty deal-able in general, but I've been dealing with the other neighbor so everything is stressing me out.  And then last night, another neighbor started blaring tejano music around 6pm until about 11pm, pretty sure this neighbor is like 6 houses down and it sounded like they were right next door that's how loud it was.  Life has been hell this past week.  I had a couple of mental breakdowns and panic attacks, I'm hearing music when there is no music.  We live outside of city limits so I have no recourse other than trying to sue them.  I'm not particularly happy here anyway, so I'm happy to move... and I may still reach out to a lawyer regardless.

I've packed like 10 boxes of video games so far (All NES, All Xbox, 1/2 360, 1/3 SNES, 1/8 PS1, ALL PSVR, 1/4 PS3, 1/4 3DS, and like 20 BDs) and probably need to pack another 60-70 boxes of just video games.

Get to figure out and go through the process of buying and selling a house

reminds me I'll never forget that car that drove by my house many years ago with all the windows shut, and going by my house with Extreme volume with top notch bass and treble sound, I wonder if whoever was driving that car was hard or hearing or what
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

Warmsignal

« Reply #15729 on: April 27, 2021, 10:56:16 pm »
I've got a new one for you all... made an eBay purchase the other day. Tracking becomes available, I get pre-shipment info sent. 30 minutes later another tracking update "ORDER DELVERED YO; picked up by individual at the PO." Isn't that the coolest? According to the PO, I got my package almost instantly. I was even there to intercept it, though I have no PO box. Where is it really? Who knows? PO likes to absolve themselves of any responsibility when something is marked delivered. Wonder if that applies when obviously not possible?

pzeke

« Reply #15730 on: April 28, 2021, 04:39:46 am »

Call the police and make a noise complaint. Or even better, go to your neighbors and ask nicely if they could drop the volume down. You mention your mental woes, but you don't know what woes of their own they have that that music is helping them with, especially taking into account the current situation we're in right now.

« Reply #15731 on: April 28, 2021, 10:02:17 am »

Call the police and make a noise complaint. Or even better, go to your neighbors and ask nicely if they could drop the volume down. You mention your mental woes, but you don't know what woes of their own they have that that music is helping them with, especially taking into account the current situation we're in right now.
Seriously, you can fuck right off with that noise.

Warmsignal

« Reply #15732 on: April 28, 2021, 10:36:53 am »
Not to throw shade in any particular direction, but does this board's software support a block or mute at all? At this point and I think it would probably resolve the bulk of the issues around here if folks had the option.

« Reply #15733 on: April 28, 2021, 10:53:57 am »
Not to throw shade in any particular direction, but does this board's software support a block or mute at all? At this point and I think it would probably resolve the bulk of the issues around here if folks had the option.
I've brought it up a few times that smf mods has friend/foe system and other block mods and they should integrate easily.

pzeke

« Reply #15734 on: April 28, 2021, 12:53:10 pm »

Seriously, you can fuck right off with that noise.

Well, that was preciously gratuitous...

But seriously, just humor the court and sue your neighbors, you'll most likely come up short and with your tail firmly tucked between your legs. Unless the music is at a volume that's literally causing hearing damage, your neighbors are within the law - they have from 7am to 10pm (probably a bit longer) to listen to their music, so long as they're not causing any disturbance, which doesn't include your mental distress. Now, like I respectfully recommended, you can file a noise complaint so that there's a record in your favor for when and if you proceed with your lawsuit, more so if within the premises of your house you can't drown the music.

Anyway, either move like you said you would or soundproof your home...or try to reason with your neighbors to further help your case.

Nope, there's nothing of the sort; I've made the suggestion before, sometime not so long ago. In the meantime, though, you can always rally some like-minded members and ask the admins to ban whoever is ruffling your feathers. Or, you know, you can always just ignore - it's a tried and true option.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2021, 07:46:04 am by pzeke »