Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1517033 times)

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #15750 on: May 04, 2021, 01:51:51 pm »
Saw that there was a sale on Square Enix's website.

Final Fantasy Origins on PS1 immediately caught my attention. I go to buy it, and it says you have to be put on a waiting list.

...helluva sale  ::)

I wanted to get Kingdom Hearts Melody of Memory for PS4 since at $30, it is the lowest I've seen anywhere. Their site is asking $12 for shipping for one game and just to see, I added another game and increase in shipping price so chances are you would have paid more on shipping than the actual sales prices of Origins

pzeke

« Reply #15751 on: May 04, 2021, 04:12:42 pm »
Definitely. Makes me wonder who the seller is and their grandiose stand towards this buyer.

Trust me, I normally wouldn't have a problem putting someone on blast, but as it turns out, I happen to know the seller, so I thought I'd have the courtesy of redacting their username and actual name at the end of the message (part of their username is still visible, though). Believe me when I say that I was very surprised to know that that message came from someone who I thought was level-headed, so I'm left wondering what other gems they've cut.

Saw that there was a sale on Square Enix's website.

Final Fantasy Origins on PS1 immediately caught my attention. I go to buy it, and it says you have to be put on a waiting list.

...helluva sale  ::)

The game is technically speaking "out of stock", so the "wait list" is their way of gauging interest for another pressing. Either way, as droaa pointed out, not much of a deal once you factor in shipping, so you're bound to get a far better deal on eBay...or a thrift store or Goodwill for that matter.

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!

telly

« Reply #15752 on: May 04, 2021, 08:18:22 pm »
It's just crazy that SE is still printing PS1 games to this day.  :o
Currently Playing:
DOOM (PS4)

My music collection | My Backloggery

« Reply #15753 on: May 04, 2021, 09:16:08 pm »
Here's a gem that was shared with me a couple of days ago. It's a long and boring story, but for context, this person was having problems during checkout and messaged the seller about it, specifically stating that it was a recurring issue and that they would be contacting customer support for help. Shortly after they got the following message...

'Murica, bitches!

This is america was the best part.

not to change the subject but I just want to say, I Never trusted eBay and this is why. because of some of the stories I've heard of about them. Of coarse I did receive 1 PS3 with part of it's casing peeling off, and another PS3 soaked in sticky brown filth. from Amazon, but at least ONE stayed in working condition! ::)

AND the 2nd PS3 I got from a seller off amazon about 5 years ago "ever since I had it" I had that thing cleaned the best that the technicians could ever do with it, and it's PS1 laser replaced only to find out that it ignores all PS1 games and instead of letting me play them? It reads the games for the disc contents ONLY. AND since I have no usage for building my own damn ROMS and bootlegging shit that thing is useless to me. So? I gave it away to someone who I thought wanted to play some PS3 games on it. my dad, but he lost interest in video games and has no time to play any of the ones I gave him

the one with the case peeling off was practically in mint condition on the inside though hell I recorded 100's of CD and played the hell out of that particular one AND it still works today, but I got stupid and dislodged the hard drive and now I need to take the whole thing apart, so I got a third PS3 from GameStop about 3 years ago, it said it was refurbished, and it's like new and I love it even more the the other 2 I purchased off a seller Amazon.com it was super clean, came with all the accessories and a clean used SONY branded wireless controller too. that I never used.

« Last Edit: May 04, 2021, 09:18:34 pm by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

leonefamily

PRO Supporter

« Reply #15754 on: May 04, 2021, 09:34:21 pm »
Starting today, I've just become a Pro Supporter after I finally found out what it was. So I'm just here to brag about it. Pro Supporter VIP, that's me  8)
Freeze iou imperialist pig! Zat is ze propertay of ze Gouvernement Français. Hand eet over!

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #15755 on: May 05, 2021, 06:20:25 pm »
How is it that I’ve been in this collecting game for nearly half my life and I just found out about an expensive game? I thought I knew about all the heavy hitters.

Go Go Hypergrind for GameCube

I’d never heard about it until today. I wonder if I ever left it laying.

Warmsignal

« Reply #15756 on: May 06, 2021, 10:43:28 am »
Well my local retro store is finally taking initiative to "update" all their prices from 2016 levels to the present highest price spike in the history of video games. *sigh* It was sweet while it lasted. So I went in there and rage bought a bunch of stuff before they could mark it up. I could tell that it pained the dude to sell to me at sticker price on them. If everything goes up to Covid prices, they'll be seeing a lot less of me. Why waste my fuel? I go to them to get deals on stuff, not to pay what I could pay online.

You probably wouldn't leave Hypergrind behind. It's one of those quirk fest "I'm different and funky" kind of games whenever you spot it, published by Atlus no less. You're supposed to pick up anything Atlus if the price is thrifty. Lots of people collect Atlus stuff.

sworddude

« Reply #15757 on: May 08, 2021, 12:13:46 pm »
How is it that I’ve been in this collecting game for nearly half my life and I just found out about an expensive game? I thought I knew about all the heavy hitters.

it's just covid doing crazy stuff

This game before covid was around 80$ cib all day or less. I can't believe how it's almost comparable to cubivores these days it makes no sense

Was planning on getting it eventually since it wasn't that pricy and i've seen them at around 40 - 50 cib aswell but import and high shipping costs etc always held me back. Did appear in europe aswell from time to time but again was a bit pricy at 50 for my blood.

Still I really have my doubts that prices are going to be as low again as pre covid. Maybe when I get extremely lucky as I was with cubivores since i would otherwise never consider adding it to the collection in it's current price range.

Well my local retro store is finally taking initiative to "update" all their prices from 2016 levels to the present highest price spike in the history of video games. *sigh* It was sweet while it lasted. So I went in there and rage bought a bunch of stuff before they could mark it up. I could tell that it pained the dude to sell to me at sticker price on them. If everything goes up to Covid prices, they'll be seeing a lot less of me. Why waste my fuel? I go to them to get deals on stuff, not to pay what I could pay online.

You probably wouldn't leave Hypergrind behind. It's one of those quirk fest "I'm different and funky" kind of games whenever you spot it, published by Atlus no less. You're supposed to pick up anything Atlus if the price is thrifty. Lots of people collect Atlus stuff.

Trauma Center series is pretty wortless and not a fun series period, Also some snes racing games

I've seen plenty of other examples in wich atlus stuff ain't collectible. it has tons of collectble stuff but definitely not fool proof.

But sure at thrift prices you don't have much to lose.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2021, 02:52:05 pm by sworddude »
Your Stylish Sword Master!

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #15758 on: May 14, 2021, 11:58:58 pm »
Last year for Christmas I got a B.C. Rich Warlock Guitar in the work gift-exchange (which was well above the $20 limit, but the guy was moving across the country and wanted to get rid of stuff).

So I got around just recently to getting an amp, cord, and the Rocksmith game. You see, I don't know how to play. And Rocksmith teaches you to play via video game. Sounds pretty cool. I just got it and I go to plug in the cord to play it for the first time and guess what...the hook-in on the guitar is broken.

Ugh...can't really complain much since it was free. But still, that was disappointing.

« Reply #15759 on: May 15, 2021, 12:27:59 am »
Last year for Christmas I got a B.C. Rich Warlock Guitar in the work gift-exchange (which was well above the $20 limit, but the guy was moving across the country and wanted to get rid of stuff).

So I got around just recently to getting an amp, cord, and the Rocksmith game. You see, I don't know how to play. And Rocksmith teaches you to play via video game. Sounds pretty cool. I just got it and I go to plug in the cord to play it for the first time and guess what...the hook-in on the guitar is broken.

Ugh...can't really complain much since it was free. But still, that was disappointing.

As someone who myself a guitar specifically to use Rocksmith, this hurts hearing

Warmsignal

« Reply #15760 on: May 19, 2021, 09:40:18 pm »
I'm about to be told THIS IS 'MURICA and they don't have to wait for me to pay them! What the hell is this with the eBay check out system? Select payment method... PayPal.... enter password... signing in..... please wait...... SELECT PAYMENT METHOD. Repeat.  ::)

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #15761 on: May 19, 2021, 09:43:29 pm »
I’ve been watching disc only copies of Rogue Squadron 2 on eBay.
Well, I made a couple of offers on one for $10 and $12 that the dude wouldn’t accept. He wanted $20.
Well, no one bid on his auction. I won the auction for $1.04. Should’ve taken the offer.
Point, Ole Papa Turf.

Flashback2012

« Reply #15762 on: May 19, 2021, 11:28:43 pm »
Well, I made a couple of offers on one for $10 and $12 that the dude wouldn’t accept. He wanted $20.
Well, no one bid on his auction. I won the auction for $1.04. Should’ve taken the offer.
Point, Ole Papa Turf.

Hopefully he doesn't pull any nonsense with that. That said, if all goes well, that's an awesome score.  ;D

kashell

« Reply #15763 on: May 20, 2021, 07:28:03 am »
Point, Ole Papa Turf.
A winner is you!

pzeke

« Reply #15764 on: May 21, 2021, 08:11:38 am »
I'm about to be told THIS IS 'MURICA and they don't have to wait for me to pay them! What the hell is this with the eBay check out system? Select payment method... PayPal.... enter password... signing in..... please wait...... SELECT PAYMENT METHOD. Repeat.  ::)

You don't say... Seriously? I did not know that. You've blown my mind, good sir.

Point, Ole Papa Turf.

If the dude is "smart" he'd cancel the order stating "out of stock", take the defect, and relist. Afterward, if it's he's first defect, he can contact support to try and get it removed (especially if it's the first one); however, if he's not a high volume seller, a single defect doesn't really matter that much, and it will dissapear after a set period of time or depending on the seller's performance thereafter. That said, though, as far as I checked, the guy has pretty much made a killing selling graphics cards, so losing $10-$15 really isn't putting a dent on his bottom line.

Anywho, swell deal.

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!