Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1517486 times)

covfefe2020

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #15780 on: June 03, 2021, 09:35:00 pm »

A lot of people depend on Nintendo 64 ROM' site for the games now. but those people are going to be sorry if the gaming industry cracks down on piracy, the way the gaming industry has become I'm surprised  you can even still download free ROMS. Retro is dead, and anyone is crazy to sell there own Nintendo 64 cartridge's because they don't and they won't ever make those games ever again. and Nintendo just might hammer down piracy and force people into buying a Switch or something else to enjoy those games with.

it appears that oldgamerz is once again schizoposting about the video games industry. What do you mean "retro is dead"
The Benevolent and Powerful covfefe2020

« Reply #15781 on: June 04, 2021, 09:14:35 am »

A lot of people depend on Nintendo 64 ROM' site for the games now. but those people are going to be sorry if the gaming industry cracks down on piracy, the way the gaming industry has become I'm surprised  you can even still download free ROMS. Retro is dead, and anyone is crazy to sell there own Nintendo 64 cartridge's because they don't and they won't ever make those games ever again. and Nintendo just might hammer down piracy and force people into buying a Switch or something else to enjoy those games with.

it appears that oldgamerz is once again schizoposting about the video games industry. What do you mean "retro is dead"

I hate the fact that I can't buy most any modern video games without knowing if be able to keep them, I want a game I can buy and keep for my entire lifetime, but those days are pretty much over I HATE the digital only empire.

what you pay the same amount for a video game as you did in the 1990's but then it can get taken away from you at any time, all a company has to do is close down the patching servers and the online server you NEED to download and play the damn thing AND, the game is so freaking huge you need to buy additional hardware like a external harddrive to put it on IF you don't want to download the damn thing again, AND the backup on the PlayStation 3 only backs up SOME of the needed patch data, meaning that even my small PS3 collection might become useless in the near future
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

kashell

« Reply #15782 on: June 04, 2021, 11:16:32 am »
I didn't know we could use different fonts on here. Learn something new everyday.

« Reply #15783 on: June 04, 2021, 11:20:21 am »
I didn't know we could use different fonts on here. Learn something new everyday.

yes all you need to do is type something then highlight the entire message and then go to the drop down menu and choose a text, than post done it should look something like this if it's done properly

Code: [Select]
[font=arial black]Hello and how are you today?[/font]
also helps sometime to know a little HTML by stacking tags for a different font size by highlighting the message and go to Font Size then pick a number

Code: [Select]
[size=12pt][font=times new roman]choose a text, than post done it should look something like this if it's done properly[/font][/size]
« Last Edit: June 04, 2021, 11:29:32 am by oldgamerz »

NO APPS NEEDED

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

sworddude

« Reply #15784 on: June 04, 2021, 04:24:38 pm »
You guys are freaking psycho. N64 is top notch and Cruis'n USA is ACE.

That stuff is probably the last in my collection I'd ever come to part with.

Love the Nintendo 64 it's my favorite Nintendo console of all time followed by the Nintendo GameCube as my 2nd favorite Nintendo game console of all time.

You can find nintendo roms just as easy as olden times before Nintendo closed down a few big ones.

Only near the shutdown of a big site was it a bit harder as in instead of 30 seconds finding a rom it could take 1 or 2 mins The horror  :o
Your Stylish Sword Master!

« Reply #15785 on: June 04, 2021, 06:10:04 pm »

Love the Nintendo 64 it's my favorite Nintendo console of all time followed by the Nintendo GameCube as my 2nd favorite Nintendo game console of all time.

You can find nintendo roms just as easy as olden times before Nintendo closed down a few big ones.

Only near the shutdown of a big site was it a bit harder as in instead of 30 seconds finding a rom it could take 1 or 2 mins The horror  :o

The last time I used ROMS, I remember a Mike Tysons Punch-out NES ROM that didn't have a low punch ability making the game impossible to beat the hippo king character, A few years ago I found a The Sims 1 complete collection ROM but a lot of the content was not included in the bootleg version I downloaded.

technically the game worked and ran just fine on a modern OS but It was not the same exact game, and  it took a little more fiddling around with the OS Settings before I could add more neighborhoods to the game, not a big deal but, it just was not the same. all the houses from the base game were not included into the game.

I don't know why I am getting into an argument over ROMS but. It's that I DO want to pay the game companies for their older games but at the same time I don't want them to take it away when they feel like it.

(edit) that is what I call robbery, when you pay someone for a product than have it taken away from you. My relative bought a PC game new and one week later he could not install it because the company closed the server, I don't know what the game was called but they got away with it.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2021, 06:23:44 pm by oldgamerz »

NO APPS NEEDED

sworddude

« Reply #15786 on: June 05, 2021, 10:18:26 am »

The last time I used ROMS, I remember a Mike Tysons Punch-out NES ROM that didn't have a low punch ability making the game impossible to beat the hippo king character, A few years ago I found a The Sims 1 complete collection ROM but a lot of the content was not included in the bootleg version I downloaded.

technically the game worked and ran just fine on a modern OS but It was not the same exact game, and  it took a little more fiddling around with the OS Settings before I could add more neighborhoods to the game, not a big deal but, it just was not the same. all the houses from the base game were not included into the game.

I don't know why I am getting into an argument over ROMS but. It's that I DO want to pay the game companies for their older games but at the same time I don't want them to take it away when they feel like it.

(edit) that is what I call robbery, when you pay someone for a product than have it taken away from you. My relative bought a PC game new and one week later he could not install it because the company closed the server, I don't know what the game was called but they got away with it.

pc game roms can be tricky as are cd based retro game roms. Those can be a bit complicated. Ps2 can be hell for example.

But anything cardridge based in this day and age is piss easy to find accurate good roms. Especially when played on an everdrive it's 100% accurate.

Also I don't know on what device you played punch out way back but If I had to guess when you played it on PC the button placements can be tricky to setup right and you didn't know wich key was used for the uppercut on PC.
Your Stylish Sword Master!

« Reply #15787 on: June 05, 2021, 11:05:26 am »
pc game roms can be tricky as are cd based retro game roms. Those can be a bit complicated. Ps2 can be hell for example.

But anything cardridge based in this day and age is piss easy to find accurate good roms. Especially when played on an everdrive it's 100% accurate.

Also I don't know on what device you played punch out way back but If I had to guess when you played it on PC the button placements can be tricky to setup right and you didn't know wich key was used for the uppercut on PC.

yes it I did play Mike Tysons Punchout with a PC ROM and some emulator I don't remember the name of :-\

I actually played the game using a USB SNES controller I still have to this day
« Last Edit: June 05, 2021, 11:07:10 am by oldgamerz »

NO APPS NEEDED

tpugmire

« Reply #15788 on: June 05, 2021, 04:59:16 pm »
My copy of Space Invaders Invincible Collection just showed up almost exactly one year after I ordered it. Glad to finally have this one.
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

« Reply #15789 on: June 06, 2021, 07:30:48 am »
My copy of Space Invaders Invincible Collection just showed up almost exactly one year after I ordered it. Glad to finally have this one.

cool :)

NO APPS NEEDED

« Reply #15790 on: June 08, 2021, 04:00:26 pm »

Where was it coming from that it took this long?

tpugmire

« Reply #15791 on: June 08, 2021, 07:05:39 pm »
It was a preorder from Strictly Limited Games in Germany (I think) that was originally supposed to ship at the end of last year, but it kept getting pushed back due to COVID.
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

« Reply #15792 on: June 08, 2021, 09:21:30 pm »
It was a preorder from Strictly Limited Games in Germany (I think) that was originally supposed to ship at the end of last year, but it kept getting pushed back due to COVID.
SLG is definitely getting hung out to dry with how long they are taking to put out products.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #15793 on: June 09, 2021, 02:05:05 pm »
You know what grinds my gears?

Everyone using the term "fam". Comicfam. Gamerfam. Baseballfam, etc.

Just because we both play video games, does not make us family. Sorry.

« Reply #15794 on: June 09, 2021, 07:35:52 pm »
It's not covid, they're just incompetent.
—Currently Playing—
Ace Attorney 4-5-6 (NS)
Raiden IV x Mikado (NS)