Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1517180 times)

telekill

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #15900 on: July 18, 2021, 07:53:47 am »
Just finished my Tomb Raider shadowbox. You guys can check out a couple images of it as well as the others I've done in my gallery:

https://vgcollect.com/gallery/Telekill

Very cool, that may be your best one yet! (Though it close with that Uncharted one lookin' so sweet)

Thanks! Next up is Shenmue. I'll be playing through the first couple games looking for a good scene to work with.

kashell

« Reply #15901 on: July 18, 2021, 04:26:31 pm »
With the profits I made from selling some old games I didn't want anymore, I was finally able to acquire Tron Bonne on the PlayStation. This is essentially the last "retro" game that I've wanted. There's a DS game that I'd kind of like to own (Ys I&II) but I already own the PSP version. So, there'll be close to zero effort in hunting that one down. And, there might be something else from a previous generation that I'm not thinking of.

But yeah. At at this moment it feels like my future game purchases will only be for new titles. It's equal parts bittersweet and exciting.

« Reply #15902 on: July 20, 2021, 01:40:50 am »
Yeah the DS Ys game is not very good at all. It got me into the series in 2010 but after playing other versions I can never go back to it.

kashell

« Reply #15903 on: July 20, 2021, 07:31:15 am »
I'm in the minority but I actually preferred it to other versions because it didn't have the "bump system." I preferred slashing my foes with a button press, haha.

Ark of Napishtim (PS2) got me into the series.

« Reply #15904 on: July 20, 2021, 09:50:03 am »
Yeah, I guess you're right, it shouldn't be a hassle; but hey, you managed to get them in the end, and that's what counts.

LOL here we go again...

The Zelda/Loftwing amiibo showed coming soon on Best Buy's website. I have kept that page up for over a month. I figured since it releases today I MIGHT have a chance. Nyet...I kept refreshing the page and suddenly the "Coming Soon" button turned to "Sold Out."  :P

It's on Amazon for a cool $63 or I can buy bootleg cards with the function for $10.  :o

Likewise the Skyward Sword JoyCons show not available on GameStop's website. I'm hoping those pop up within the week like the Monster Hunter Rise Pro Controllers did. I'm weary though as there's more LOZ fans out there than MH fans.  :P
If you still need it, I forgot to cancel my extra preorder so I've got an extra you can have for cost + shipping if you want it.

Which item is the pre-order for, the Joy-Cons or the amiibo?

I was able to order the Joy-Cons from GS on Friday morning. Shows my order being shipped through Fed Ex so I can't wait for them to 'Ace Ventura' my package.  :P

Either way, that is a very generous offer.  ;D
Both actually, I didn't realize I double ordered the joycons too, so I have an extra set of joycons and a couple extra amiibos.  Apparently I bought 2 amiibo from BB to get free shipping.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #15905 on: July 20, 2021, 11:04:31 am »
I'm in the minority but I actually preferred it to other versions because it didn't have the "bump system." I preferred slashing my foes with a button press, haha.

Me too. Great gameplay in that one, even if the story was a bit small in scope.

sworddude

« Reply #15906 on: July 21, 2021, 07:42:57 am »

Me too. Great gameplay in that one, even if the story was a bit small in scope.

Funny started the Ys series with that title aswell

My reason for starting with that one is because it's the most common game in the series on a very accesible system.

Well it was really cheap and easy to find years ago anyway. other entries where harder to find back than and usually on systems that are quite rare.
Your Stylish Sword Master!

Flashback2012

« Reply #15907 on: July 22, 2021, 01:43:56 am »
Both actually, I didn't realize I double ordered the joycons too, so I have an extra set of joycons and a couple extra amiibos.  Apparently I bought 2 amiibo from BB to get free shipping.

Well GS delivered on the JoyCons so I'm good there. I'd already allocated money for them and an Amiibo before the whole saving for a house thing so I'll take you up on the Amiibo at least.  ;D

Need to remember to swing by GS on the weekend so I can pre-order the Zelda G&W if possible.

« Reply #15908 on: July 22, 2021, 08:30:33 am »

Well GS delivered on the JoyCons so I'm good there. I'd already allocated money for them and an Amiibo before the whole saving for a house thing so I'll take you up on the Amiibo at least.  ;D

Need to remember to swing by GS on the weekend so I can pre-order the Zelda G&W if possible.
Yeah, just PM me a zip code and I can figure out shipping cost.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #15909 on: July 22, 2021, 05:19:10 pm »

Is it this weekend that I can preorder that?  I know I need one.

soera

« Reply #15910 on: July 22, 2021, 05:50:17 pm »

Id take that other extra amiibo.

doafan

« Reply #15911 on: July 27, 2021, 12:09:51 pm »
The hell Nintendo released today another update for the 3DS, only got one question, Why ?  :o

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #15912 on: July 27, 2021, 02:10:41 pm »
The hell Nintendo released today another update for the 3DS, only got one question, Why ?  :o

They tried to claim that the 3DS would still be supported after The Switch released and that they were two different ecosystems. Maybe this is their way of saying, "See, we still support it."

Unrelated: I'm in a discussion elsewhere about Stargate. And I have this guy arguing that Stargate was just as big as Star Trek or Star Wars in it's heyday. Look, I'm a big Stargate fan, don't get me wrong. In fact I'm watching through the entirety of SG-1 again, now. But it's not even close to Star Trek or Star Wars. Everyone knows who Captain Kirk and Luke Skywalker are, not everyone knows who Colonel O'Neill is. I just don't see the comparison.

« Reply #15913 on: July 27, 2021, 02:13:25 pm »
Yeah, that's ludicrous.  Maybe, for a moment in 1994 when the movie came out - but that was also when TNG aired it's finale and was the first syndicated series to ever be nominated for Best Drama at the Emmys, so I'm gonna go with probably not.

Warmsignal

« Reply #15914 on: July 27, 2021, 06:20:57 pm »
Oh wow, now even eBay's seller offer system caught me slippin'. I kinda hate how you get bombarded with offers just for viewing a listing at all. Say, I put a listing on my "watch list" after browsing several copies of the same game. I intend to buy it, but then I move along looking at other stuff. Suddenly... YOU'VE GOT AN OFFER for that game you were looking at! Sweet, they marked the price way down, just for me! SMASH that BIN button!!! 8) Oh no, that wasn't the one I was watching. It's the one with a huge scratch on the disc that I nope'd right out of while I was browsing... :o FML.

In other news, I can tell it's going to be a PITA just get the mere opportunity to buy a Retro Tink 5x. I really want one, and I also need to start investing in some of those Retrovision cables to go along with it. Has anyone bought from that Gaming Cables UK site? Is the tax really as ridiculous as it appears to be, or am I reading something wrong?
« Last Edit: July 27, 2021, 06:45:25 pm by Warmsignal »