Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1516836 times)

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #15930 on: August 19, 2021, 10:09:26 pm »
Hi I created my own radio station and just got it up and running 3 days ago here is the details in this thread and some on my new signiture.
https://vgcollect.com/forum/index.php/topic,11526.0.html

Today I had Zero listeners in spite of my advertizing on Facebook and posting in the following thread, If you guys are looking for some music to listen to then try my new radio station and like me on Facebook, I broadcast out of my own basement in a room adjancent from my game room, it's a dream come true but it would be nicer if i could pick up more then 2 listeners the link to my facebook page and my radio station is in my new sigiture on the bottom of my posts from now onward.

I love music and have a playlist of currently over 16,600 songs all shuffled in one playlist, If you would like to talk about it then please post in the following thread, I love you guys and I know someone from here will enjoy my classic rock mix station :)

and my collection is no longer private also  :)

it's in studio quality sound and NO Commercials!!
« Last Edit: August 19, 2021, 10:26:08 pm by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #15931 on: August 22, 2021, 07:36:49 pm »
Hi I created my own radio station and just got it up and running 3 days ago here is the details in this thread and some on my new signiture.

Today I had Zero listeners in spite of my advertizing on Facebook and posting in the following thread, If you guys are looking for some music to listen to then try my new radio station and like me on Facebook, I broadcast out of my own basement in a room adjancent from my game room, it's a dream come true but it would be nicer if i could pick up more then 2 listeners the link to my facebook page and my radio station is in my new sigiture on the bottom of my posts from now onward.

I love music and have a playlist of currently over 16,600 songs all shuffled in one playlist, If you would like to talk about it then please post in the following thread, I love you guys and I know someone from here will enjoy my classic rock mix station :)

That's pretty cool.  Keep pluggin away.  A few of us did a podcast a while ago.  It takes a long time and a little luck to gain any kind of traction.

covfefe2020

« Reply #15932 on: August 23, 2021, 02:15:31 am »
Im not even sure that Ive heard 16,000 songs in my whole life...
The Benevolent and Powerful covfefe2020

« Reply #15933 on: August 23, 2021, 07:08:16 am »

That's pretty cool.  Keep pluggin away.  A few of us did a podcast a while ago.  It takes a long time and a little luck to gain any kind of traction.

yes my radio station cost total $16 USD per month plus $100USD one time fee for a line for my new basement computer. As for the PC well it's vary powerfull my radio station computer is actually 3 times more powerfull then my gaming PC but it's old. it was a gaming PC my uncle gave to me that he had lying around, my uncles has like 3 gaming PC's this one WAS his oldest. I got a listener from the UK yesterday,  and I am glad I am not the only one listening to my own stream,

This station plays alot of music that the mainstream radio station do not play currently or at least in the United States anyway, all the US radio stations play the same music hits over and over in like a 20 song playlist, not me, I have over 16,000 songs and without commeracials. According to what I read I do not need a ASCAP licence because according to what I read as long as I pay a streamIng service I think I don't need to pay royalitie checks, but I could be wrong, but they said I do not need an ASCAP billing account so we'll see how that goes.

I never plan on advertising like at all, but when I do get more listeners I do plan on maybe hosting shows and helping the composers that way.but I can't do anything untill I get off the ground floor with my broadcast  in terms of profit?  I'M REMAINING NON PROFIT

Im not even sure that Ive heard 16,000 songs in my whole life...

So I guess your an american? yea amercan radio sucks because they all play the same exact songs and over and over again daily, no variety, WELL NOT ME
« Last Edit: August 23, 2021, 07:21:58 am by oldgamerz »

NO APPS NEEDED

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #15934 on: August 23, 2021, 03:01:40 pm »
So I guess your an american? yea amercan radio sucks because they all play the same exact songs and over and over again daily, no variety, WELL NOT ME

You guys still listen to the radio? There's so many digital and streaming options now (in addition to having a music collection if that's your thing). I only listen to the radio if I'm in my car and I just don't feel like pulling out my phone or a CD.

kashell

« Reply #15935 on: August 23, 2021, 03:16:18 pm »
NPR for days.

telly

« Reply #15936 on: August 23, 2021, 07:42:40 pm »
Same, I only listen to the radio if I don't feel like connecting my cord to the aux.
Currently Playing:
DOOM (PS4)

My music collection | My Backloggery

Warmsignal

« Reply #15937 on: August 23, 2021, 10:32:00 pm »
Suprisingly I'm content with my SXM subscription. It doesn't play always only what I like, but between a dozen or so stations I can always find something I don't mind listening to. Faction Punk, Lithium, The Bridge, The Emo Project, etc. Good enough for a car ride.

aliensstudios

« Reply #15938 on: August 24, 2021, 08:51:58 pm »
My Dad has an appreciation for music I wish I had. He exposed me to so much different music throughout my life and I'm eternally grateful to him. I have 10,000 songs on my phone, it's like 60 GB worth of music. I bluetooth it in my car and all day at work too, sometimes I listen to podcasts though. I use the radio when I have to leave my dog at home. She listens to it but there's no way I could listen to Denver radio much. They play the same crap EVERY day. We do have a cool station called The Colorado Sound my Dad told me about. I've actually discovered some great music from it.
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."

« Reply #15939 on: September 02, 2021, 11:10:57 am »
I'm currently in the process of advertising my free radio station on Facebook and I currently have "ZERO LISTENERS" All I get is FUCK OFF and MEME"s of shit comments from people, any suggestions to get more listeners? :-\

I tired turning off the stupid comments and Facebook turned them back on. ALL i get is MEME's of people insulting me, and complaining about my ad on their timelines I don't know what they are talking about, it's not supposing to be showing up in their timeline NO newsfeed yes.

My mom says they are stupid and don't know the difference between a timeline and their newsfeed, no, I am not posing on peoples timelines ads only go into newsfeed AND? I don't befriend strangers.

befriending strangers makes it a lot easier for you to get hacked on Facebook, ALL I get is MEME after fucking MEME >:(

Ad's are aimed at United States and people with music interests, not just random people, I've ran ads multiple times in the form of religious services in foreign countries and for 5 years without a single fucking MEME
« Last Edit: September 02, 2021, 11:26:25 am by oldgamerz »

NO APPS NEEDED

« Reply #15940 on: September 02, 2021, 11:23:28 am »
ALL i get is MEME's of people insulting me, and complaining about my add on their timelines I don't know what they are talking about, it's not supposeing to be showing up in their timeline no, newsfeed yes.

My mom says they are stupid and don't know the difference between a timeline and their newsfeed, no, I am not posing on peoples timelines ads only go into newsfeed AND? I don't befriend strangers.

befriending strangers makes it a lot easier for you to get hacked on Facebook

This is correct.  People don't know the difference.

That said, no one, and I mean no one likes Ads on their Newsfeed.  In the precious little amount of time I actually spend looking at my feed I report and turn every single Ad I see off.

Flashback2012

« Reply #15941 on: September 06, 2021, 12:52:34 am »
So at the end June my housemate was like "Hey, it's about time you found a place of your own" and with that I started going on the hunt for a house. I finally put the nail in the proverbial coffin on Friday and closed on my first house, a 1500 sq./ft. bi-level. Even though it's just me, the garage is packed like a sardine can with a bazillion tubs containing my game collection and a f-ton of boxes for my comics. I had my now ex-housemate, my cousin and a buddy from work helping move all that on Saturday to which I was told "There's a special place in hell for collectors like you."  ;D  :P

The upside is the housemate's wife had an aunt/uncle who were also moving and they had some older but well-maintained furniture they were parting with (for free) including a sectional couch, two recliners, and a still-in-plastic king size mattress set. That's a cool $2K in furniture I don't have to buy now.  ;)

Since the house doesn't have a true basement, it's a little smaller than where I've been staying now. My friend's house is approximately the same size at 1500 square feet but as I learned while house hunting, unfinished basements don't count toward that number so his house is actually much bigger than mine when counting the amount of basement space he has. Not the end of the world but I won't be displaying as much of my collection like I had hoped to.  :-\

At some point I'm going to have to rip all of the carpet out of the house as the previous owners were smokers. I would prefer to have that Pergo/paneled flooring or whatever it's called anyway but that's a down the road project behind a few other sweat equity things I'm going to have to tackle.  :P

I'll be honest in that I wasn't really looking forward to this whole ordeal but at least the house-hunting and dealings with banks/realtor processes are over. The mortgage payment and utilities won't break my budget but the thing I'm NOT looking forward to is maintaining the lawn/weeding.  :o That said, I'll deal with it rather than have to put up with a condo's HOA telling me I can't have certain colored curtains or charging me for maintenance fees for a tennis court/pool I'll never use.

Anywho...let the fun begin!  8)

Flashback2012

« Reply #15942 on: September 06, 2021, 12:59:26 am »
Oh yeah...for anyone interested, Target got restocked on the Sanrio/Animal Crossing amiibo cards. No need to hunt them down on eBay or what not and pay obscene scalper/flipper prices.  ;)

kashell

« Reply #15943 on: September 06, 2021, 01:22:01 pm »
Congrats on the new digs! Welcome to the fun of being a home owner.

Flashback2012

« Reply #15944 on: September 10, 2021, 12:22:21 pm »
Congrats on the new digs! Welcome to the fun of being a home owner.

Thanks!  ;D

I had a snafu with the electric where it was turned off on Tuesday. I just got a text message saying it's back on so I need to go check, turn everything off, etc. Because of that I've been staying where I have been for another week which means another week of rent owed.  :P

Also, the previous owners didn't do a repair right and it forced me to call the Water Works and have them shut off water to the house to fix a corroded pipe. The guy can't fix it till tomorrow morning so I can't stay there tonight either.  :-\