Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1516908 times)

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #15960 on: October 11, 2021, 07:45:18 am »
I got a new update now my stream/radio station now displays the name of the artist and the song I FINALLY figured out how to do it
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #15961 on: October 12, 2021, 11:52:35 am »
G4 officially relaunches 11/16/2021

Be sure to ask Dish Network to add G4 to their channel line-up.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2021, 01:07:10 pm by burningdoom »

kashell

« Reply #15962 on: October 12, 2021, 03:45:07 pm »
Haha, good ol' G4. Its relaunch is a choice.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #15963 on: October 12, 2021, 04:11:31 pm »
Haha, good ol' G4. Its relaunch is a choice.

It's relaunch is a choice...I don't understand.

« Reply #15964 on: October 15, 2021, 02:07:30 pm »
I quit WoW last week and I feel like a whole new person! I've been like MIA from here and my friends for like the last 2 years and I'm pretty sure it was all WoW's fault. SO uh yea im back

aliensstudios

« Reply #15965 on: October 16, 2021, 11:16:03 am »
I'm just now learning that the original Xbox requires the DVD playback kit (which includes it's own remote) in order to play DVDs at all. That was kind of surprising to me. It's one area where I can surely say the PS2 hardware was ahead of Microsoft. Just pop a DVD in and play, control it with your Dual Shock. No BS necessary. For the longest time, I just assumed this was how the Xbox worked as well.

I was trying to experiment with the video output on my 4K TV, since DVDs look like hot garbage playing on modern devices, I was curious how it'd look coming from a source that only outputs 480p. I figure it still won't look good, but might look better. Ideally I'd just play them on my 480p CRT for best results, but XBOX requires this little doohickey which I don't have. Lord even knows where my PS2 fat is these days.
I wonder how DVD would look through 480p line doubled to 960p through the OSSC. I have the equipment to test this out, but I've never really tried it, thinking the scaling of my Blu-ray player of what few DVDs I had did an adequate enough job.
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."

Warmsignal

« Reply #15966 on: October 17, 2021, 07:55:15 pm »
I'm just now learning that the original Xbox requires the DVD playback kit (which includes it's own remote) in order to play DVDs at all. That was kind of surprising to me. It's one area where I can surely say the PS2 hardware was ahead of Microsoft. Just pop a DVD in and play, control it with your Dual Shock. No BS necessary. For the longest time, I just assumed this was how the Xbox worked as well.

I was trying to experiment with the video output on my 4K TV, since DVDs look like hot garbage playing on modern devices, I was curious how it'd look coming from a source that only outputs 480p. I figure it still won't look good, but might look better. Ideally I'd just play them on my 480p CRT for best results, but XBOX requires this little doohickey which I don't have. Lord even knows where my PS2 fat is these days.
I wonder how DVD would look through 480p line doubled to 960p through the OSSC. I have the equipment to test this out, but I've never really tried it, thinking the scaling of my Blu-ray player of what few DVDs I had did an adequate enough job.

Not sure. I did eventually get to test out all of my DVD enable consoles save for PS2 on my 4k TV. XB1 and PS4 are not good choices as it looks like a low HQ stream basically, X360 and PS3 are a decent balance between the pixelation of the image and the crispness you get with up-scaling I guess? I felt 360 beat it out just a tiny bit overall. OG Xbox looks the best to my eye, it's a bit fuzzy and grainy, but no pixelation and very little if any snow effect. It just looks the most natural, even if it's not the sharpest.

On my CRT, the OG Xbox looks pretty good, but I almost wouldn't say that it looks any better than on the 4k, kinda the same. It's the factor of the screen being much smaller which hides the need of noticing a lot of the detail. I guess that's why the quality of older video standard def video never bothered us. The old TVs didn't really provide the real estate needed for a higher resolution image?

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #15967 on: October 18, 2021, 01:17:03 pm »

wartoy

PRO Supporter

« Reply #15968 on: October 21, 2021, 07:38:34 pm »
I quit WoW last week and I feel like a whole new person! I've been like MIA from here and my friends for like the last 2 years and I'm pretty sure it was all WoW's fault. SO uh yea im back

Im hooked on WoW too.

tripredacus

« Reply #15969 on: October 22, 2021, 11:12:10 am »
I never played Wow despite having been told that I would like it, primarily because I refuse to play any game I have to pay a subscription fee for. I did play some MMOs but only during trial periods, such as Everquest II and Dark Age of Camelot.

« Reply #15970 on: October 22, 2021, 05:21:05 pm »

Im hooked on WoW too.

Not to try to persuade you or anything... but quitting wow was the best thing I've done for myself in a long time. If you're able to keep a balance on wow and the rest of your life I say go for it, but that was not me at all lol. 10+ hours of raiding a week just kinda killed it for me.

soera

« Reply #15971 on: October 22, 2021, 07:25:08 pm »

Im hooked on WoW too.

Not to try to persuade you or anything... but quitting wow was the best thing I've done for myself in a long time. If you're able to keep a balance on wow and the rest of your life I say go for it, but that was not me at all lol. 10+ hours of raiding a week just kinda killed it for me.

After 11 years and 1000s of  hours, quitting Everquest was a life changer for me. Being part of Triality meant 6 days a week raiding and max level/alternate levels on new expansions by certain timers, beta raids, etc ... it broke me eventually. But Ill be damned if I dont still think about it on a daily basis. I even still have a bust of Firionia Vie on my desk.

kashell

« Reply #15972 on: October 23, 2021, 11:02:10 am »
I never got into the MMO scene. I understand the appeal, but the time sink...yikes.

tpugmire

« Reply #15973 on: October 23, 2021, 09:38:48 pm »
Once upon a time, I was hooked into Star Wars: Galaxies. Played pretty much every day for 4-5 hours or more for about 5 years.  It was my first and last MMO, not getting into one of those again.
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

« Reply #15974 on: October 25, 2021, 08:48:27 am »
i just keep making the same mistake. wow was my first mmo, and i just keep going back to it. I get sucked in and every time i tell myself "this time im totally gonna be casual about it" and then before i know it im hooked and raiding 3 nights a week.. I really have to try not to go back again. I loose out on playing like any other games, its just bad lol