Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1526551 times)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #16005 on: November 10, 2021, 01:54:10 pm »
Oh, I see. I never even paid attention to those, just the "New" post icons.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #16006 on: November 11, 2021, 11:45:14 am »

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #16007 on: November 15, 2021, 05:49:02 pm »
Sure would be nice to cash-in the points I've earned by Christmas shopping at GameStop. But their shitty website just gets stuck loading when you try to sign into your account.  >:(

« Reply #16008 on: November 16, 2021, 11:22:12 am »
Sure would be nice to cash-in the points I've earned by Christmas shopping at GameStop. But their shitty website just gets stuck loading when you try to sign into your account.  >:(
Oh boy.  Their site is pretty garbo.  I've placed like 15 orders in the past week there and randomly I'll get blocked where I need to login on another device to keep placing orders.

By blocked I mean they won't let me add things to cart anymore.  As it is, their online system is stupid compared to the PoS in store.  If you're doing B2G1 and you have 6 games (3 $10 and 3 $50) you get the 2 cheapest free (2 $10 games free) whereas in store it's smart and optimizes the prices so you get the most expensive games possible free (1 $10 and 1 $50). ::)

I've been doing in store stuff too since in store they are supposed to price match the website so you can go in store, grab Super Monkey Ball Switch marked at $30 and get them to charge $17 and still do B2G1 with 2 more $17 games.  I've only had 1 store refuse to do price match and B2G1... and the store let me do it the day before, but wouldn't let me do it the next day.

Also, I've spent way too much on games this month and eventually I'm gonna have a big post for the acquisitions thread.

On a completely unrelated note, being injured sucks.  I've been feeling a lot better comparatively, but it sucks to be in pain constantly and daily and not be able to receive treatment because people are incompetent.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #16009 on: November 16, 2021, 11:33:03 am »
Yeah, that's pretty stupid. Not a good look when you're a company that sells tech and you still can't get your website to work right for years.

Unfortunately the only way to spend points is on the website, in my situation.

kashell

« Reply #16010 on: November 23, 2021, 07:32:24 am »
So clicking the Random tab takes you to a random game? That's fun.

Warmsignal

« Reply #16011 on: November 23, 2021, 09:41:31 am »
What's sad is, there's almost nothing to look forward to when these annual sales come around anymore in video games. At least, not for Switch owners certainly, and probably not for PS or Xbox owners either. Looking at these sale lists, it's literally the same crap that's been put on sale year after year with a handful of recent, but not so major releases thrown in. I feel it's a sign that nothing all that exciting or important is even coming out anymore in the video games industry.

Switch owners rightfully should feel somewhat neglected by Nintendo, who've done little besides rehash games from the their previous failed console of the past 4 years. What were the big titles from Nintendo recently? Mario Golf, and some Pokemon games? Nothing even comes out for the Switch besides indie games... which is all I picked up in this year's sale. Saved a few bucks off of some games which weren't $60 to begin with, because Nintendo has nothing on the plate to pique my interest, and major 3rd parties predictably don't care about the platform.

Looking at the other platforms, there's not much going on there either this year. I noticed the Yakuza games, and Sackboy was on sale. Forza Horizon the old one, was on sale. There's just not much out there, and if there is it's not included in the sale. It guess we can blame Covid for the lack of compelling new must-have games? Whatever the reason, it's disheartening.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2021, 09:43:06 am by Warmsignal »

sworddude

« Reply #16012 on: November 23, 2021, 09:54:54 am »
metroid dread, shin megami tensei V, monster hunter stories 2 and monster hunter rise are pretty big I'd say.

mario party superstars n64 party remakes when they where at their best and wario ware aren't to bad either.

Plus where getting an actual 3D kirby game, Pokemon legends arceus, bayonetta 3, splatoon 3 and botw 2 perhaps next year.

Seems like a decent amount of bigger releases for my taste.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2021, 10:01:40 am by sworddude »
Your Stylish Sword Master!

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #16013 on: November 23, 2021, 10:48:05 am »
Switch owners rightfully should feel somewhat neglected by Nintendo, who've done little besides rehash games from the their previous failed console of the past 4 years. What were the big titles from Nintendo recently? Mario Golf, and some Pokemon games? Nothing even comes out for the Switch besides indie games... which is all I picked up in this year's sale. Saved a few bucks off of some games which weren't $60 to begin with, because Nintendo has nothing on the plate to pique my interest, and major 3rd parties predictably don't care about the platform.

Metroid Dread, nuff said. And there have been plenty of 3rd party games.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2021, 10:49:47 am by burningdoom »

Warmsignal

« Reply #16014 on: November 23, 2021, 11:26:55 am »
Metroid wasn't included in any of the sales that I've seen.... I already plunked down the $60 at launch anyhow. If Megami Tensei, Monster Hunter, and Pokemon are headlines this holiday season I need to take up crochet or something, as a new hobby. It's just another underwhelming year for me, so all I'm really picking up are indie games yet again. Which by and large, are more interesting than most AAA games today.

Regardless, I won't give Nintendo a pass for all the rehashing BS they've done with the Switch. They've crapped on all of us who supported the Wii U and already bought all of those games the first time around. Years has passed with precious little new coming from them. Mario Kart 8 was a Wii U game released in 2014 and stores are still pushing it like it's some hot item for the holiday season. Just look at any retail list of top Switch games to buy right now, 90% of them were probably released between 2 and 7 years ago. Rabbid's Kingdom refuses to die from Black Friday ads. We're talking launch games!! It just blows my mind.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2021, 11:28:28 am by Warmsignal »

telly

« Reply #16015 on: November 23, 2021, 11:32:08 am »
... I still need to buy Mario Kart 8  :-X
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

sworddude

« Reply #16016 on: November 23, 2021, 12:18:18 pm »
Metroid wasn't included in any of the sales that I've seen.... I already plunked down the $60 at launch anyhow. If Megami Tensei, Monster Hunter, and Pokemon are headlines this holiday season I need to take up crochet or something, as a new hobby. It's just another underwhelming year for me, so all I'm really picking up are indie games yet again. Which by and large, are more interesting than most AAA games today.

Regardless, I won't give Nintendo a pass for all the rehashing BS they've done with the Switch. They've crapped on all of us who supported the Wii U and already bought all of those games the first time around. Years has passed with precious little new coming from them. Mario Kart 8 was a Wii U game released in 2014 and stores are still pushing it like it's some hot item for the holiday season. Just look at any retail list of top Switch games to buy right now, 90% of them were probably released between 2 and 7 years ago. Rabbid's Kingdom refuses to die from Black Friday ads. We're talking launch games!! It just blows my mind.

I get that but if you already owned it on wii u your not the audience to get those wii u titles.

It's for people who didn't own a wii u, it was a failed console after all, allot of people never had a chance to play those titles

Still I don't see why Nintendo is bad for rereleasing these games from previous gen systems while both microsoft and sony have done that for ages. Almost everyone in the business has done so except for nintendo in wich almost all games where stuck on older consoles.

Still sales wise why would they discount launch games like mario kart 8 deluxe when it still had 6 - 7 m sales last year. That's more than allot of big title life time sales. you'd be shocked how insane mk 8 sales are on switch in the present.

Discounts are only needed when sales are down, but if they are not they would be shooting themselves in the foot by lowering the prices. titles such as rabbids kingdom need discounts to sell past release, mario kart 8 or botw not so much
« Last Edit: November 23, 2021, 12:38:47 pm by sworddude »

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #16017 on: November 23, 2021, 01:16:09 pm »
Metroid Dread isn't on sale, no. But I was referring to you saying Nintendo hasn't done anything for its fans in the last year.

sworddude

« Reply #16018 on: November 23, 2021, 01:54:45 pm »
I'd say There are plenty of new releases

But perhaps there wasn't anything he was really interested in. it happens.

dhaabi

« Reply #16019 on: November 23, 2021, 02:22:56 pm »
Looking at these sale lists, it's literally the same crap that's been put on sale year after year with a handful of recent, but not so major releases thrown in. I feel it's a sign that nothing all that exciting or important is even coming out anymore in the video games industry.

If there is a lack of discounted titles or titles not as heavily discounted, that is due to publishers knowing that they can still meet sales expectations without doing so and is especially true for Nintendo. It is not a reflection of what is to come.