Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1517512 times)

Warmsignal

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #16365 on: April 07, 2023, 09:09:14 pm »

The founding fathers and Bill of Rights disagree with you. Our entire country was founded on revolution and not letting the government have too much control. But I guess they were just "conspiracy theorists".

The country was founded on a lot of things that were not so great, and they were bound to have got some things wrong. We clearly are suffering some of the effects, when you look at our gun violence and compare it to other developed nations. It doesn't have to be that way.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #16366 on: April 08, 2023, 12:34:03 am »

The founding fathers and Bill of Rights disagree with you. Our entire country was founded on revolution and not letting the government have too much control. But I guess they were just "conspiracy theorists".

The country was founded on a lot of things that were not so great, and they were bound to have got some things wrong. We clearly are suffering some of the effects, when you look at our gun violence and compare it to other developed nations. It doesn't have to be that way.

Then you can naively trust the crooked government. History has shown us that governments shouldn't be trusted (Roman Empire, British control in territories, French Revolution, Soviet Union, etc.) and the founding fathers were wise enough to ensure a way to fight back if they ever cross the line.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2023, 12:37:08 am by burningdoom »

Warmsignal

« Reply #16367 on: April 08, 2023, 04:27:04 pm »

Then you can naively trust the crooked government. History has shown us that governments shouldn't be trusted (Roman Empire, British control in territories, French Revolution, Soviet Union, etc.) and the founding fathers were wise enough to ensure a way to fight back if they ever cross the line.

If the government is crooked, it's because we're not removing the money out of politics! It has no place there. Corporations bribe politicians to support the causes that become or don't become our laws. The NRA lobbies on behalf of the gun manufacturers, when the majority of Americans actually support stronger gun control measures. Nothing will pass, because our representatives are taking huge donations from them. Gigantic corporations pays huge sums of money to our politicians all of the time, and it's the root of corruption. I bet the founders wouldn't be too fond to know this is how it works now. Or maybe they would, I dunno, but it needs to change cuz it's messed up. Corporations are not "we the people".

kashell

« Reply #16368 on: April 08, 2023, 05:27:16 pm »
Gun control does not equal taking away all guns. It means controlling access. Make them more expensive. Put a high amount of insurance on them. Add the most thorough background checks you've ever seen.

Remember, the second amendment (probably the only amendment the [edit by Cartagia] know) was written when guns were archaic contraptions of wood and metal. I'm not a historian but, I'm sure the idea of something that could discharge hundreds of bullets in seconds wasn't in the thought process.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2023, 06:14:25 pm by Cartagia »

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #16369 on: April 08, 2023, 08:08:43 pm »
Gun control does not equal taking away all guns. It means controlling access. Make them more expensive. Put a high amount of insurance on them. Add the most thorough background checks you've ever seen.

Remember, the second amendment (probably the only amendment the Repulikkkans know) was written when guns were archaic contraptions of wood and metal. I'm not a historian but, I'm sure the idea of something that could discharge hundreds of bullets in seconds wasn't in the thought process.

The thought process was having a means to defend ourselves from the government should the need ever arise again as it already has happened. They didn't write the 2nd amendment to shoot bucks, that's just a bonus. If the government has every faucet of control over guns that defeats the entire purpose. The people are supposed to have the power and government is supposed to work for them, not the other way around. And the idea of of governments abusing their power is far from archaic.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2023, 08:11:39 pm by burningdoom »

kashell

« Reply #16370 on: April 09, 2023, 09:10:51 am »

Remember, the second amendment (probably the only amendment the [edit by Cartagia] know) was written when guns were archaic contraptions of wood and metal. I'm not a historian but, I'm sure the idea of something that could discharge hundreds of bullets in seconds wasn't in the thought process.

The thought process was having a means to defend ourselves from the government should the need ever arise again as it already has happened. They didn't write the 2nd amendment to shoot bucks, that's just a bonus. If the government has every faucet of control over guns that defeats the entire purpose. The people are supposed to have the power and government is supposed to work for them, not the other way around. And the idea of of governments abusing their power is far from archaic.

The government has abused their power since the jump. That's nothing new. But. None of that matters when the handguns you're likely carrying around are just as easy to access as the ones capable of unleashing so much devastation within seconds. When I/someone is asking for gun control, it doesn't equal the soundbite of "the liberals are trying to take away our guns!" No, it's demanding common sense. That backwards way of thinking of needing an assault weapon to defend yourself from the government is antiquated.

Happy Easter, y'all!
« Last Edit: April 09, 2023, 06:14:40 pm by Cartagia »

Warmsignal

« Reply #16371 on: April 09, 2023, 09:59:51 am »
On the issue of abuse of power. I'm at least happy to hear that law makers in North Carolina have their priorities in order, when it comes to protecting children. They're literally moving to outlaw participation trophies for children. Yes, really. Just so those kids get the message - they aren't special for trying, and they aren't special for dying.

Since when do we live in a country where things like plastic shelf trinkets can be made illegal?! Deadly weapons no, but a plastic plate that says "I participated" yes? Ugh, this country is so messed up... it's so bad, I don't know if there's hope anymore. I'm truly loosing faith. We supposedly have a "liberal" sitting president, but the politics are noticeably getting worse than during the last administration.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2023, 10:03:01 am by Warmsignal »

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #16372 on: April 09, 2023, 10:58:55 am »
Kashell have you ever tried to purchase a gun before?

Have you ever looked into what you need for a permit?

Hell have you ever gone out and shot one before?

« Reply #16373 on: April 09, 2023, 11:16:53 am »
I live in the same state as Kashell.  As long as you are 21 there are no background checks for private sales, no required permits, no tracking, fully legal open carry, and its only slightly more restrictive if you are 18.  And I have fired many guns.  I've had fun with guns.  There needs to be more than what we have. That's why there are protests going on today, yesterday, and the last full week. That's why 3 duly elected representatives were ejected from their seats over what should have been, at worst, a censure.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2023, 11:24:13 am by Cartagia »

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #16374 on: April 09, 2023, 11:19:13 am »

Remember, the second amendment (probably the only amendment the Repulikkkans know) was written when guns were archaic contraptions of wood and metal. I'm not a historian but, I'm sure the idea of something that could discharge hundreds of bullets in seconds wasn't in the thought process.

The government has abused their power since the jump. That's nothing new. But. None of that matters when the handguns you're likely carrying around are just as easy to access as the ones capable of unleashing so much devastation within seconds. When I/someone is asking for gun control, it doesn't equal the soundbite of "the liberals are trying to take away our guns!" No, it's demanding common sense. That backwards way of thinking of needing an assault weapon to defend yourself from the government is antiquated.

Happy Easter, y'all!

Tell the Ukraine it's antiquated. If you trust the government, you're an idiot, period.

And we do have gun control. It's not like anyone can walk into a store and just go home with a gun. It takes criminal and mental background checks, a gun safety course, and having a locked gun safe...what more do you want?!

« Reply #16375 on: April 09, 2023, 11:23:11 am »
And we do have gun control. It's not like anyone can walk into a store and just go home with a gun. It takes criminal and mental background checks, a gun safety course, and having a locked gun safe...what more do you want?!

Good thing there's no way to buy a gun without going to a store... oh wait!

In Tennessee, private sellers don't have to do a background check. If you buy a gun from someone without a federal license (gun show, yard sale, or even online), you don't have to go through a background check.

And there is no permit required for open carry.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2023, 11:25:39 am by Cartagia »

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #16376 on: April 09, 2023, 11:26:10 am »

In Tennessee, private sellers don't have to do a background check. If you buy a gun from someone without a federal license (gun show, yard sale, or even online), you don't have to go through a background check.

Good. How it should be. It's my property to do with what I want. Free country.

« Reply #16377 on: April 09, 2023, 11:28:21 am »

So your previous screed about the "controls" is pointless.   Anyone can have a gun, and all that stuff you just laid out is performative.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #16378 on: April 09, 2023, 11:31:49 am »

So your previous screed about the "controls" is pointless.   Anyone can have a gun, and all that stuff you just laid out is performative.

"The right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be INFRINGED"

2nd highest law in the land. It's pretty important. Don't like it? Then leave. Cause you aren't taking that away. And I guarantee there are a whole lot of people in this country that agree despite all you people trying your damndest to change what this country is founded on.

« Reply #16379 on: April 09, 2023, 11:33:27 am »
Wanting more robust gun control laws (you know, the regulated part of well-regulated militia) is not the same coming to get everyone's guns.