Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1671920 times)

argyle

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #1755 on: March 05, 2014, 02:21:20 pm »
Either way, there are 2 separate lasers in the system, one for dvds & one for cds.  So if one goes out, that format stops working. 
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

foxhack

« Reply #1756 on: March 05, 2014, 02:36:44 pm »
Either way, there are 2 separate lasers in the system, one for dvds & one for cds.  So if one goes out, that format stops working.
Huh? I only see one laser in my PS2.

argyle

« Reply #1757 on: March 05, 2014, 02:52:48 pm »
Yeah, don't mind me, my memory is failing me or I'm just crazy.  I could have sworn I read that somewhere back in the day, but doing a quick search proves I'm clearly off on that one.  ;)
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1758 on: March 05, 2014, 07:07:37 pm »
Yeah, don't mind me, my memory is failing me or I'm just crazy.  I could have sworn I read that somewhere back in the day, but doing a quick search proves I'm clearly off on that one.  ;)

I've heard the same thing. I heard that switching between the CD laser and the DVD laser is what wears out the PS2 systems faster, which is the reason I keep using my original PS for PS1 games.

Maybe it's certain models?

soera

dstone

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1760 on: March 06, 2014, 05:20:46 pm »
I feel accomplished !!!! http://segaage.com/index.cfm?FuseAction=Element.View&pId=141&egID=170638&lgID=170750&sID=171315

Lol. Back to 99% complete for my collection again. Going to have to go shopping now.  ;D

soera

« Reply #1761 on: March 06, 2014, 05:36:21 pm »
Its not a big deal to me anyhow. Im going for the NA (North American) completion list instead of just the "US" list so Ultima was already on there anyhow. The additional games on the NA list are :

Assault City
*Basketball Nightmare
Battle OutRun
The Cyber Shinobi
Danan: The Jungle Fighter
Dynamite Dux
Gain Ground
Golfamania
OutRun 3-D
*Scramble Spirits
*Tennis Ace
*Ultima IV
World Games
*World Cup Italia '90
The * are the games I already have.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2014, 02:19:56 pm by soera »

soera

« Reply #1762 on: March 06, 2014, 08:09:38 pm »
And just as quickly as it was added, it was yanked back down. Sigh.

scott

« Reply #1763 on: March 06, 2014, 08:14:54 pm »
Well...

congraaaa.... nevermind. :\
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

soera

« Reply #1764 on: March 06, 2014, 08:27:26 pm »
Its just tough. Ive been working on this for a little while. I want to see the fruits of my labor! I wish I could do the same thing for Basketball nightmare cause I bought that game too but I really cant find anything on that one.

soera

« Reply #1765 on: March 06, 2014, 08:32:47 pm »
So far, one good thing came of it. I have yet one more item that mentions Ultima IV in the US now. The back of the US SMS II box has the game mentioned on it. Of course it lists some other games too but dont know anything about those (other than one of them was released in Canada).

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1766 on: March 07, 2014, 04:43:48 pm »
I just want to thank everyone for making this place what it is.  I've spent a lot of time this week dabbling in a couple of groups that have similar interests as this one, but none of them are even close to being the same. 
This hobby, at every level, is full of elitist type people.  A lot of people seem to think that the size and rarity of your collection make you more of person.  No matter how much you want it to be collecting is not a penis measuring contest.  You're not more of a man because you have a rare-ish game.  You can't be rough on the guy that is new to this hobby.  It's not your damn hobby.  It belongs to anyone who decides they want to buy games.  Quit being elitist assholes.

Thank you VGCers.  I appreciate who you are and what you do.  If a single one of you fools starts down this path, I will call you out.  That is the only thing I can give back to you.  Well, I can give that and the perfectly placed "That's what she said" joke.

soera

« Reply #1767 on: March 07, 2014, 05:05:02 pm »
If I ever start to act like that, I hope someone does call me out!

scott

« Reply #1768 on: March 07, 2014, 05:13:10 pm »
Thank you VGCers.  I appreciate who you are and what you do.  If a single one of you fools starts down this path, I will call you out.  That is the only thing I can give back to you.  Well, I can give that and the perfectly placed "That's what she said" joke.

Haha, Thanks! I'm super pleased with the way the community has grown into a big group of friendly people. I can't tell you how many times I've gone to various forums and seen nothing but trolls and name calling. Everyone that's here is super supportive of each other and I love that.

scott

« Reply #1769 on: March 07, 2014, 05:33:05 pm »
Not sure how many LotR fans we have here. But decided I wanted to show this to everyone. I just finished it last night. I forgot to paint the Balrog's eyes before I took this picture. But that's fixed now.