Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1671072 times)

foxhack

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #2115 on: April 20, 2014, 05:28:28 pm »
Record Store Day worked out well, considering I didn't get in until the afternoon! Between my dad and I:

The Everly Brothers - Roots
Dean Martin - Dream with Dean
Bob Wills and his Texas Playboys - Transcriptions
Joan Jett and the Blackhearts - Glorious Results of a Misspent Youth

...and one 45: Link Wray - Slinky

Watching a few auctions to try and get the CCR record and the Johnny Cash record, which were sold out when I got in, but still, a good haul! :)

Grr.

You know what else was released on Record Store Day? The Scott Pilgrim game soundtrack. On Vinyl. Because a CD release is tooooooooo hard, right?

*stabs a bunch of hipster voodoo dolls*

MJMaranan

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2116 on: April 20, 2014, 07:15:55 pm »
I love the PS1 startup sound so much...

Yeah, it's pretty awesome. They were really trying to show off that new-fangled CD-ROM tech.
I was having trouble trying to link the video for the PlaysStation Startup Screen a few days ago...  Better late than never!

Please check out the games I have for sale.

karyann

« Reply #2117 on: April 20, 2014, 08:06:29 pm »
Grr.

You know what else was released on Record Store Day? The Scott Pilgrim game soundtrack. On Vinyl. Because a CD release is tooooooooo hard, right?

They seriously still release vinyls?  :o Then they should re-release Earthbound and Little Samson and the others to help bring the prices down. WHERE IS JUSTICE?!

anruiukimi

« Reply #2118 on: April 20, 2014, 09:28:27 pm »

Grr.

No CD release of it at all? I saw it on the list, but I wasn't all that interested. xD; That is rather silly.

We have 3 record players here, so I like getting a few every year. I have several video game and multiple anime records as well.

They seriously still release vinyls?  :o Then they should re-release Earthbound and Little Samson and the others to help bring the prices down. WHERE IS JUSTICE?!

Vinyls have had a sizable come back in the last 5+ years or so. I have a Xenogears LP, an FFXIII LP, and a FF concert LP that Squeenix released all in the last 4 years. Craaazy stuff~

But yes, it would be fun to see legit old-school releases of certain games, yes? :P

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2119 on: April 21, 2014, 07:59:52 am »
Ayesha is the 1st game in the "Dusk" trilogy.

Escha + Logy is the 2nd.

The third's not out yet...

I *Really* think that a game's OST/music can make a bad game playable & a good game great.

Yeah, I know that the importance of music in a game varies greatly from player to player...but, yeah - the music that I'd heard drew me to the series long before I knew/saw anything else about the series.
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

90snostalga

« Reply #2120 on: April 21, 2014, 08:04:53 am »

Escha + Logy is the 2nd.

I *Really* think that a game's OST/music can make a bad game playable & a good game great.

Yeah, I know that the importance of music in a game varies greatly from player to player...but, yeah - the music that I'd heard drew me to the series long before I knew/saw anything else about the series.

Should I worry about the Dusk trilogy or play that after Arland?

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2121 on: April 21, 2014, 09:59:29 am »

Escha + Logy is the 2nd.

Should I worry about the Dusk trilogy or play that after Arland?

I wouldn't worry about Dusk.

I'd say just play through the Arland series 1st & get a feel for it & see if it's something that you like or not  ;D

argyle

« Reply #2122 on: April 21, 2014, 04:15:39 pm »
I have 2 or 3 LPs, mostly for collector's purposes.  I came across the very first album my favorite group released in the US last year in a flea market, blew me away - I bought it in a heartbeat.  It was 'Heartland' by Roxette (which, if anyone else is a Roxette nerd like I am which is extremely unlikely, is not *technically* by Roxette but rather Gyllene Tider, Per Gessle's original group.  However Marie *does* sing backup vocals on the album, so both of the core members + the group name Roxette being used make it official enough to me!).  Ahem.  I'll go sit in the corner now...  :P
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2123 on: April 21, 2014, 06:45:25 pm »
Hell, we're lucky we even get CD releases anymore with how popular the convenient, yet terrible sounding MP3 downloads have become. So things still being released on vinyl is great!

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2124 on: April 21, 2014, 07:11:37 pm »
I really enjoy vinyl. Well, I enjoy things that were meant to be played on vinyl, on vinyl. I bought an Avenged Sevenfold vinyl and it sounded like a audible turd.
Now, not much is better than a couple of beers and a Doors album.

pacpix

« Reply #2125 on: April 21, 2014, 08:20:13 pm »
Weird, I reached 1000 forum posts and 1000 tweets on the same day!  :o
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

scott

« Reply #2126 on: April 22, 2014, 12:38:14 pm »
I think I may need to work on my Centipede Bartop again soon. I've got 90% of the parts on hand, only missing the screen, paint and graphics. I started this project back in 2009 and it's been sitting in pieces ever since, with only the occasional tweak.

Around Christmas time I was given an old XP PC that my dad didn't need for work anymore. Luckily the board looks like it 'll fit perfectly into the case I've made. The PC was one of the biggest issues I had, since I need something super small. I need something like an 8" LCD screen for it though. Since it's only something like 19" tall.

This is a concept art of what I'm going for, and a the actual cabinet.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 12:45:18 pm by scott »
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2127 on: April 22, 2014, 01:06:31 pm »
Looks nice Scott  8)

argyle

« Reply #2128 on: April 22, 2014, 01:58:18 pm »
Very nice indeed!  :D
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

scott

« Reply #2129 on: April 22, 2014, 03:06:27 pm »
Thanks! Its been a long road and the PC was the main hold back, once I got the PC I got hyped to work on it again. But cash flow being what it is, I've not been able to afford the last bit of parts. I've found some small LCD screens, it's only a matter on pulling the trigger on one (and paying for it).

But I can get to that point and at least make some progress.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread