Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1532146 times)

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #2880 on: July 19, 2014, 01:12:31 am »
So I finally obtained the last Dreamcast game on my NTSC library want list, Street Fighter III: Double Impact. However, instead of feeling very excited that I just completed my collection for my favorite console of all time, I couldn't help but feel a little sad that I was done, that's it.

My remedy was to dig deeper into the NTSC Dreamcast library and find some more gems that I didn't own. I managed to pull out 13 more titles to find. None of them are particularly valuable (with the exception of Sonic Adventure Limited Edition), but they are all cool games that I have thought about owning at one point or another.

The Journey Continues. . . . :)

So what are the other 12? :)

whoops, my bad, there are 14-titles total :p

1. Armada
2. Bomberman Online
3. Demolition Racer
4. Dragon Riders: Chronicles of Pern
5. Elemental Gimmick Gear
6. Heavy Metal Geomatrix
7. Omikron The Nomad Soul
8. POD Speedzone
9. Samba De Amigo
10. Seaman
11. Soldier of Fortune
12. Sonic Adventure Limited Edition
13. Sonic Shuffle
14. Street Fighter Alpha 3
« Last Edit: July 19, 2014, 01:14:24 am by bikingjahuty »

argyle

« Reply #2881 on: July 19, 2014, 01:19:28 am »
Some good stuff there.  :)  I have Elemental Gimmick Gear, Heavy Metal Geomatrix, Samba de Amigo & Seaman and can recommend them all - well, I don't honestly remember anything about Heavy Metal, but the rest are definitely good.  I never got rid of many of my Dreamcast games but I did get rid of Armada for some reason - wish I hadn't, that one was really good too. 
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

« Reply #2882 on: July 19, 2014, 01:34:52 am »
Some good stuff there.  :)  I have Elemental Gimmick Gear, Heavy Metal Geomatrix, Samba de Amigo & Seaman and can recommend them all - well, I don't honestly remember anything about Heavy Metal, but the rest are definitely good.  I never got rid of many of my Dreamcast games but I did get rid of Armada for some reason - wish I hadn't, that one was really good too.

They all look really good! I wish I had never gotten rid of my Dreamcast games growing up, but have luckily replaced all of them with my current collection. These ones come highly recommended by you and others.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2883 on: July 19, 2014, 01:38:45 am »
So I finally obtained the last Dreamcast game on my NTSC library want list, Street Fighter III: Double Impact. However, instead of feeling very excited that I just completed my collection for my favorite console of all time, I couldn't help but feel a little sad that I was done, that's it.

My remedy was to dig deeper into the NTSC Dreamcast library and find some more gems that I didn't own. I managed to pull out 13 more titles to find. None of them are particularly valuable (with the exception of Sonic Adventure Limited Edition), but they are all cool games that I have thought about owning at one point or another.

1. Armada
2. Bomberman Online
3. Demolition Racer
6. Heavy Metal Geomatrix
8. POD Speedzone
9. Samba De Amigo
10. Seaman
11. Soldier of Fortune
13. Sonic Shuffle

I have Omikron, complete and in great condition. Want to make trade? Message me if want to make a deal.

BTW, if you're a David Bowie fan, you also get the bonus treat of original Bowie tunes in the game.

« Reply #2884 on: July 19, 2014, 02:28:49 am »

1. Armada
2. Bomberman Online
3. Demolition Racer
6. Heavy Metal Geomatrix
8. POD Speedzone
9. Samba De Amigo
10. Seaman
11. Soldier of Fortune
13. Sonic Shuffle

I have Omikron, complete and in great condition. Want to make trade? Message me if want to make a deal.

BTW, if you're a David Bowie fan, you also get the bonus treat of original Bowie tunes in the game.

PM sent

And I heard that David Bowie had a hand in the soundtrack, that is really cool.

bobster

« Reply #2885 on: July 19, 2014, 12:01:28 pm »

Whhhaattt? Now I HAVE to find this game. Like right away.

(I'm a big fan of Bowie.)
Currently Playing: The Witcher

90snostalga

« Reply #2886 on: July 19, 2014, 01:03:06 pm »
Anyone recommend a good site that is free, where you can organize movie collections and wish list?

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2887 on: July 19, 2014, 02:10:22 pm »
My new avvie here = my new puppy & my (not quite as new) niece; which one is fiercer...

...(Kash)?!
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

kashell

« Reply #2888 on: July 19, 2014, 02:12:57 pm »
My new avvie here = my new puppy & my (not quite as new) niece; which one is fiercer...

...(Kash)?!

They're both pretty dang fierce, so I may have to call a tie. Or maybe they both look really fierce because the avatar is so small. XD Either way, congrats on the new pup.

foxhack

« Reply #2889 on: July 19, 2014, 02:17:18 pm »
11. Soldier of Fortune

I ... would avoid the game. It plays fine, but it has the most atrocious load times I have ever seen in a game outside of the Neo-Geo CD. I actually bought THREE COPIES thinking I kept getting bad discs.

Whhhaattt? Now I HAVE to find this game. Like right away.

(I'm a big fan of Bowie.)

There's also a PC version. It's ten bucks at GOG or Steam.

http://www.gog.com/game/omikron_the_nomad_soul

Anyone recommend a good site that is free, where you can organize movie collections and wish list?

http://www.filmaf.com/

It's great if your collection is mostly made out of common movies, but if you go for the rare, uncommon or unusual like I do there'll be some gaps. Adding new entries can be a pain for newbies.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2890 on: July 19, 2014, 02:27:34 pm »

...(Kash)?!

They're both pretty dang fierce, so I may have to call a tie. Or maybe they both look really fierce because the avatar is so small. XD Either way, congrats on the new pup.

Yeah, it's hard to see Hailey's "Scary monster" face :)
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2891 on: July 20, 2014, 02:14:44 pm »
We have collection galleries on our profiles! I didn't even know that! I just took some quick pics of my collection and added them to it. It's only 20 pic limit, though. I know, site limitations due to cost and all that. No room to show off the handheld side of my collection. :(

Just click your profile pic and you can then click the gallery link.

Here are my pics: :)

http://vgcollect.com/gallery/BurningDoom
« Last Edit: July 20, 2014, 02:47:09 pm by burningdoom »

abe

« Reply #2892 on: July 20, 2014, 02:37:40 pm »
We have collection galleries on our profiles! I didn't even know that! I just took some quick pics of my collection and added them to it. It's only 20 pic limit, though. I know, site limitations due to cost and all that.

Nice collection pics. :) I really like that tower thing you keep your PS1 games in.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2893 on: July 20, 2014, 02:44:45 pm »
We have collection galleries on our profiles! I didn't even know that! I just took some quick pics of my collection and added them to it. It's only 20 pic limit, though. I know, site limitations due to cost and all that.

Nice collection pics. :) I really like that tower thing you keep your PS1 games in.

It's pretty cool. 4-sided and spins around. Got it at Goodwill for $2. 2 rows are filled with PS1 games, the other 2 with metal/hard rock CDs.

pacpix

« Reply #2894 on: July 21, 2014, 02:56:58 am »
We have collection galleries on our profiles! I didn't even know that! I just took some quick pics of my collection and added them to it. It's only 20 pic limit, though. I know, site limitations due to cost and all that. No room to show off the handheld side of my collection. :(

Very nice collection!  I like the collection of cheat devices!
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)