Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1528331 times)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #2910 on: July 23, 2014, 11:54:24 am »
I've been fortunate with my Sega Saturn collection. Two of the games I got were gifts, and the third I happened to find during a random outing.

Dang, you too. I just looked at what you have, Albert Odyssey is another that's been on my wishlist for-freaking-ever.

90snostalga

« Reply #2911 on: July 23, 2014, 01:12:46 pm »
Shout out to all the members who remembers the days when you could not get online to look up codes and/or cheats, and had to buy a code book!!   8)

fazerco

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2912 on: July 23, 2014, 01:23:59 pm »
Shout out to all the members who remembers the days when you could not get online to look up codes and/or cheats, and had to buy a code book!!   8)

:'(

90snostalga

« Reply #2913 on: July 23, 2014, 01:33:39 pm »

:'(

Why the tears?

fazerco

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2914 on: July 23, 2014, 01:49:51 pm »
Im getting old and sentimental, so tears will come.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2915 on: July 23, 2014, 02:00:48 pm »

Shout-out to those who remember when there was no "Line" to get "On"  :P
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2916 on: July 23, 2014, 02:17:20 pm »

I still have a couple codebooks and Tips & Tricks magazines from those days.

90snostalga

« Reply #2917 on: July 23, 2014, 02:39:40 pm »

Shout out to those who remember hearing all those stupid noises when dialing up to the internet and then hearing the famous "You've Got Mail!".  And then as soon as you click on your inbox to read your messages, you all a  sudden hear "Good-Bye".  Then spend 30 minutes trying to reconnect successfully lol  ;D  Good old days.    I had like one friend who had internet and he was the coolest kid in school just because he had internet.

fazerco

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2918 on: July 23, 2014, 03:05:10 pm »
*wonders* did they play software on the radio in the US?

I have taped some software that radiostations where 'playing' on the radio. But you have to turn the sound off or go crazy with the noise  ;D

argyle

« Reply #2919 on: July 23, 2014, 03:05:53 pm »

Shout out to those who remember hearing all those stupid noises when dialing up to the internet and then hearing the famous "You've Got Mail!".  And then as soon as you click on your inbox to read your messages, you all a  sudden hear "Good-Bye".  Then spend 30 minutes trying to reconnect successfully lol  ;D  Good old days.    I had like one friend who had internet and he was the coolest kid in school just because he had internet.

How about all of those who WERE the remote control growing up?  ;)
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

fazerco

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2920 on: July 23, 2014, 03:09:10 pm »

How about all of those who WERE the remote control growing up?  ;)

Growing up, we had a black and white television.

90snostalga

« Reply #2921 on: July 23, 2014, 03:15:08 pm »

I have taped some software that radiostations where 'playing' on the radio. But you have to turn the sound off or go crazy with the noise  ;D

I'm lost on this one.  "software on the radio"?

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2922 on: July 23, 2014, 04:55:17 pm »

I think maybe he's talking about when you put a game in your CD player and press play, and it makes that ungodly noise. But why in the world would a radio station play that? I'm pretty sure your alone on that one, fazerco.

foxhack

« Reply #2923 on: July 23, 2014, 05:52:04 pm »

I think maybe he's talking about when you put a game in your CD player and press play, and it makes that ungodly noise. But why in the world would a radio station play that? I'm pretty sure your alone on that one, fazerco.

He means recording the noise to tape then loading that in a computer system that loaded data from tapes, like the C64.

No, nobody would ever do something like that on this side of the pond, because using cassette tapes to store games was unheard of here.

pacpix

« Reply #2924 on: July 23, 2014, 06:08:46 pm »
I actually use the dial up internet sound for the ringtone on my phone ha.
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)