Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1531525 times)

abe

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #2925 on: July 23, 2014, 10:39:39 pm »
That internet dialup sound reminds me of Netscape, and not being able to use the internet when somebody's on the phone. :P
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

90snostalga

« Reply #2926 on: July 23, 2014, 11:41:36 pm »
Thanks to BikingJaughtys awesome 2 videos of his game room tour, now I am going to collect Pokemon cards again and am on the lookout for some of the 1999 Pokemon binders to put the cards in.  Thanks Jaughty!!  ;) lol

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2927 on: July 24, 2014, 03:29:29 am »

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2928 on: July 24, 2014, 03:31:27 am »
Hot holiday season games by Squaresoft, for the original PlayStation:

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2929 on: July 24, 2014, 03:41:48 am »
For the Sega fanboys:

Some nice Boris Vallejo artwork there!

90snostalga

« Reply #2930 on: July 24, 2014, 04:45:44 am »
@Karyann, I have to ask, why did you remove Atelier Rorona from your collection?  Did you like the game?  I have yet to play it

karyann

« Reply #2931 on: July 24, 2014, 08:38:54 am »
@Karyann, I have to ask, why did you remove Atelier Rorona from your collection?  Did you like the game?  I have yet to play it

I haven't played it yet, but I plan on getting the "Plus" version instead! Since Disgaeniac said it was improved, I decided to get Plus. I'm on a tight budget these days, so I decided to sell my "normal" collector's edition, and buy the "Plus" version eventually. :) It's not as if I'd have time to play it any time soon, anyway.  :-\

kashell

« Reply #2932 on: July 24, 2014, 10:34:29 am »
I've been fortunate with my Sega Saturn collection. Two of the games I got were gifts, and the third I happened to find during a random outing.

Dang, you too. I just looked at what you have, Albert Odyssey is another that's been on my wishlist for-freaking-ever.

Albert Odyssey was the one I just happened upon during a random store outing. I got a major deal for it, too. I think I only spent 30 or 35 dollars. This was only a few years ago. I know the price on places like amazon is crazy expensive, but I do recommend it because I had a really great time with it.

Have a birthday, anniversary or something like that coming up? Ask for a game. They make great gifts, and even greater surprises. ^___^

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2933 on: July 24, 2014, 10:52:49 am »
^

Whatcha' been playing Kash?
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

Bwigdahl

« Reply #2934 on: July 24, 2014, 11:36:15 am »
it's been a while since I've had a legit "what in the hell just happened/is happening right now..." moment with a video game... But Alone in the Dark on Saturn. I don't even... This is gonna take some time to get used to.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2935 on: July 24, 2014, 12:00:14 pm »
it's been a while since I've had a legit "what in the hell just happened/is happening right now..." moment with a video game... But Alone in the Dark on Saturn. I don't even... This is gonna take some time to get used to.

I haven't played the 2nd one, but if it's like the first one, I know what you mean. In the first one they immeadiately drop you in this room, with no idea of what or where to go, with strange controls, and a monster immediately after your throat.

90snostalga

« Reply #2936 on: July 24, 2014, 12:03:20 pm »

I haven't played the 2nd one, but if it's like the first one, I know what you mean. In the first one they immeadiately drop you in this room, with no idea of what or where to go, with strange controls, and a monster immediately after your throat.

Those kind of moments happened to me every time I went into a dungeon on the first Phantasy Star.  One of the reasons I gave that game a 5/10.  To me personally, such a fantastic game minus all those dungeons.  Every time I walked in one, spent 20 minutes and could not figure it out.  No map, clues, nothing to guide me through.  I don't like that.

Bwigdahl

« Reply #2937 on: July 24, 2014, 12:06:19 pm »
Ok, so I figured out the "controls" ... good lord for a game with such horrible combat controls there sure is a hell of a lot of combat in the first 10 minutes. I really wish I had a "turn off all information obtained after 1996" switch on my brain so this might actually make sense to me lmfao.

fazerco

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2938 on: July 24, 2014, 12:11:25 pm »
*wonders* did they play software on the radio in the US?

I have taped some software that radiostations where 'playing' on the radio. But you have to turn the sound off or go crazy with the noise  ;D

I'm lost on this one.  "software on the radio"?

I think maybe he's talking about when you put a game in your CD player and press play, and it makes that ungodly noise. But why in the world would a radio station play that? I'm pretty sure your alone on that one, fazerco.

He means recording the noise to tape then loading that in a computer system that loaded data from tapes, like the C64.

No, nobody would ever do something like that on this side of the pond, because using cassette tapes to store games was unheard of here.

It was the only way back then, and you can copy it to a floppy if you want.

And yes, Fox explaned it right.

90snostalga

« Reply #2939 on: July 24, 2014, 12:16:30 pm »
*wonders* did they play software on the radio in the US?

I have taped some software that radiostations where 'playing' on the radio. But you have to turn the sound off or go crazy with the noise  ;D

I'm lost on this one.  "software on the radio"?

I think maybe he's talking about when you put a game in your CD player and press play, and it makes that ungodly noise. But why in the world would a radio station play that? I'm pretty sure your alone on that one, fazerco.

He means recording the noise to tape then loading that in a computer system that loaded data from tapes, like the C64.

No, nobody would ever do something like that on this side of the pond, because using cassette tapes to store games was unheard of here.

It was the only way back then, and you can copy it to a floppy if you want.

And yes, Fox explaned it right.

Yes, this is the first I'm learning of using a cassette to store anything other than music.  But, this does bring me back to when I was a kid, and I used to make fake cassette albums lol.  I would design all the artwork and song list and put it in the case to fit, and then record songs on a blank cassette tape with my "Fisher Price" tape recorder and microphone set.  My first song ever recorded was called "Keys In The Car".  It was about a man who left his keys in his car.  Inspired by my single mom who used to leave her keys in the car."  Man, my songs were so deep back then lol  ;D  Gosh, I wish I still had that tape.  I actually kept my first kid album until my early 20s, then moved to my first apt., and stuff slowly started disappearing  :(

Good ol' days