Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1650816 times)

maximo310

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #3840 on: October 09, 2014, 11:24:23 am »
So apparenlty Hatsune Miku performed on Letterman last night.  ??? I didn't watch the show, but from what I'm reading they didn't really give any kind of explanation for "her" either.  ??? ??? So...well...ok.  :P

I really want to see one of these shows. The holograms look really awesome on video, and I'd love to see them for real!
I saw a brief glimpse at the performance last night. A bunch of people were saying that the choice of song wasn't great, but they picked the only English song for their performance and from what I heard, the english lyrics were pretty hard to make out due to the pitch and robotic sound, but I'm sure they'll improve it over time.  This event is helping to promote the inagural Hatsune Miku Expo in New York, along with live performance in LA as well from October 9th-19th.

kashell

« Reply #3841 on: October 09, 2014, 11:24:52 am »
*adjusts faux hipster glasses* I liked Miku way before Letterman.

karyann

« Reply #3842 on: October 09, 2014, 11:35:03 am »
So apparenlty Hatsune Miku performed on Letterman last night.  ??? I didn't watch the show, but from what I'm reading they didn't really give any kind of explanation for "her" either.  ??? ??? So...well...ok.  :P

I really want to see one of these shows. The holograms look really awesome on video, and I'd love to see them for real!
I saw a brief glimpse at the performance last night. A bunch of people were saying that the choice of song wasn't great, but they picked the only English song for their performance and from what I heard, the english lyrics were pretty hard to make out due to the pitch and robotic sound, but I'm sure they'll improve it over time.  This event is helping to promote the inagural Hatsune Miku Expo in New York, along with live performance in LA as well from October 9th-19th.

A big problem with Miku is that she's a Japanese Vocaloid, so her voice and tones are made to fit the Japanese language. It definitely sounds better in Japanese than it does in English  :-\ Even though she still sounds kind of robotic  :P

foxhack

« Reply #3843 on: October 09, 2014, 11:42:55 am »
Vocaloids hurt my ears.

I saw a video of the performance and... no, just no. I shut it off after ten seconds. So here.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3844 on: October 09, 2014, 11:49:17 am »
Vocaloids hurt my ears.

I saw a video of the performance and... no, just no. I shut it off after ten seconds. So here.

What the EFF did I just watch?

Bwigdahl

« Reply #3845 on: October 09, 2014, 12:02:10 pm »

... that was english?

I'm a fan of japanese culture, but I will NEVER be into j-pop, especially when it's this weird.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2014, 12:03:43 pm by Bwigdahl »

davifus

« Reply #3846 on: October 09, 2014, 12:04:25 pm »
Vocaloids hurt my ears.

What the EFF did I just watch?

The magic of Technology
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

maximo310

« Reply #3847 on: October 09, 2014, 12:11:52 pm »

... that was english?

I'm a fan of japanese culture, but I will NEVER be into j-pop, especially when it's this weird.
Yep, the song is english, but because of the pitch and robotic tone of voice, I couldn't make out most of the lyrics, but I looked up the song, annd it is english, all in promotion for the hatsune miku expo in New York and LA to expand her presence one country at a time.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3848 on: October 09, 2014, 12:16:47 pm »
QUESTION -

(You can only choose *ONE*; none of that old & wishy-washy "it's a tie between ___ & ___" nonsense)...be decisive, folks!

Name your favorite singer/lyricist, current or not, on video game music, OST's, etc.

I've gotta name Emi Evans (NieR & Drakangard 3); hand down  ;)
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

Bwigdahl

« Reply #3849 on: October 09, 2014, 12:27:56 pm »
QUESTION -

(You can only choose *ONE*; none of that old & wishy-washy "it's a tie between ___ & ___" nonsense)...be decisive, folks!

Name your favorite singer/lyricist, current or not, on video game music, OST's, etc.

Johnny Gioeli from Crush 40

argyle

« Reply #3850 on: October 09, 2014, 12:30:42 pm »
Oh man, so difficult!  I mean, the Kingdom Hearts games are overwrought and kinda hokey IMO, but doggone it if I don't absolutely adore Simple & Clean.  And I fell in love with Still Alive (from Mirror's Edge, tho the Portal song is awesome in a completely different way) the first time I heard it.  And what about Wind's Nocturne from the PS1 Lunar?  I wasn't the biggest fan of how Working Designs handled their localizations, but they knocked it out of the park with that song.

But you said one, one that I consider the best, so I'll hold to that - here it is:

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3851 on: October 09, 2014, 12:53:42 pm »
QUESTION -

Johnny Gioeli from Crush 40

Damn it that was my answer

davifus

« Reply #3852 on: October 09, 2014, 02:32:43 pm »
QUESTION -

nobuo uematsu

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3853 on: October 09, 2014, 02:51:54 pm »
QUESTION -

nobuo uematsu

What's he sang on?
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

davifus

« Reply #3854 on: October 09, 2014, 02:59:28 pm »
QUESTION -

nobuo uematsu

What's he sang on?

I was assuming composers were allowed too because of OST'S
« Last Edit: October 09, 2014, 03:01:03 pm by davifus »