Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1651064 times)

karyann

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #3885 on: October 12, 2014, 05:13:56 pm »

seeing as we are still in the infancy of the new/8th generation, which "8th generation" systems do you own (only including the PS4, Vita and/or PSTV (available the day after tomorrow), Wii U, 3DS and the XBoned?  I realize that the Vita & the 3DS were released in the 7th gen but, I'm including them here because - they are (currently) the handhelds of this Brave, New Generation!

Also, how many games do you currently own for these systems?

*(If you feel like it, feel free to list/name the games for any system that you only have 10, or less of; not looking for any huge lists here)*

I'll start:

PS4 = like I said, only a paltry 6 games, thus far (Bound by Flame, Natural Doctrine, Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor, Thief, Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition, and (in a day or 2) Diablo: Ultimate Evil Edition),

Vita = 15 different games (excluding doubles),

PSTV = picking it up on Tuesday, and then...waiting until the 25th to get it for my B-Day, and

3DS = 23 different games (excluding doubles)

- for a grand total of 44 different games (and ~50 w/ doubles)...doesn't seem like very much, now that I look at it & think about it  :-\

I actually thought "Wow, that's a lot!" when seeing 44 :P

As for me, I have:
3DS: 20
Wii U: 8
PS Vita: 2 ( :'( )

So that makes a total of 30 current-gen games for me. I'll get a PS4 next year , once I have my diploma and a job  8)

maximo310

« Reply #3886 on: October 12, 2014, 06:30:47 pm »
For current gen stuff, I've got
3DS: 28, 17 of them are physical
Wii U: 21, 11 of them are physical.
So thats one shy of 50 at the moment. I'll pick up a PS4 in a year or so, and I think I'll try to get a PS TV or a Vita at some point next year because I'm really missing out on those library of games.
Also, some of the older Wii U titles are pretty cheap at the moment, you can find a lot of them cibs for $10-15.

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3887 on: October 12, 2014, 08:13:54 pm »
I'll just count physical
3DS- 24
Wii U- 24
PS4- 5 (Dynasty Warriors 8: Xtreme Legends Complete Edition, inFAMOUS: Second Son, INJUSTICE Gods Among Us: Gold Edition, Knack, Wolfenstien: The New Order. Also a preorder for Samurai warriors 4 coming next week)
Vita- only a pre-order for Tales of heart R

Honestly if I didn't get my PS4 off of a friend for cheap I'd be very disappointed in how much it has to offer me so far keep in mind 3 of those I could get on the ps3/360 and the only other two I want that are out RIGHT NOW (Bound by Flame and Murdered: Soul Suspect) are in the same boat.

abe

« Reply #3888 on: October 12, 2014, 09:02:26 pm »

*SO*

seeing as we are still in the infancy of the new/8th generation, which "8th generation" systems do you own (only including the PS4, Vita and/or PSTV (available the day after tomorrow), Wii U, 3DS and the XBoned?  I realize that the Vita & the 3DS were released in the 7th gen but, I'm including them here because - they are (currently) the handhelds of this Brave, New Generation!

Also, how many games do you currently own for these systems?

*(If you feel like it, feel free to list/name the games for any system that you only have 10, or less of; not looking for any huge lists here)*

Well then, not going to be too many for me, seeing as I've been focusing on the last generation while it's fairly cheap now.

3DS- A whole 10 games, if you count my digital copy of Senran Kagura Burst (it's a full game, just never got released physically here)

PS Vita- Even fewer, despite how much more I like it than my 3DS :-\. Only 7 at the moment (8 if you count the digital copy of The Walking Dead that came bundled with my Vita). What I've gotten so far: Demon Gaze, Gravity Rush, Hyperdimension Neptunia PP, Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth1, Persona 4 Golden, Uncharted: Golden Abyss, and XBlaze Code: Embryo.

I don't have any of the current-gen consoles at the moment, but the only one that really catches my eye right now is the PS4. Once again, as with the previous two console generations, I don't care about the Xbox. I'll probably get a WiiU eventually, but aside from Smash Bros, there's nothing for it I really want to play now.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3889 on: October 12, 2014, 09:14:53 pm »
I could have swore I already posted on this subject...huh. I wonder if I posted it on another thread by accident.

Anyways, I own a total of 4 current-gen games, all on 3DS. I refuse to pay $300+ on a console.

What I do own are great games, though:
-Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D
-The Legend of Zelda: Link Between Worlds
-New Super Mario Bros. 2
-Super Mario 3D Land

I used to own Resident Evil: Revelations on 3DS, but traded it in for the full-on console version on 360. I also had Scribblenauts Unlimited, but was disappointed in it so I traded it.

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3890 on: October 12, 2014, 10:13:23 pm »
I could have swore I already posted on this subject...huh. I wonder if I posted it on another thread by accident.

Anyways, I own a total of 4 current-gen games, all on 3DS. I refuse to pay $300+ on a console.

-New Super Mario Bros. 2
-Super Mario 3D Land

I used to own Resident Evil: Revelations on 3DS, but traded it in for the full-on console version on 360. I also had Scribblenauts Unlimited, but was disappointed in it so I traded it.

it's in the pickups thread

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3891 on: October 12, 2014, 10:38:04 pm »
I have a lot. I love the WiiU and 3DS.
WiiU: 33
3DS: 44

Now that's spread over 3 people. Everyone here has a 3DS and their own taste in games.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3892 on: October 12, 2014, 11:07:51 pm »

-New Super Mario Bros. 2
-Super Mario 3D Land

it's in the pickups thread

Thanks, went to delete it and forgot we can't do that anymore.

« Reply #3893 on: October 13, 2014, 12:55:43 am »
I'm considering picking Metal Gear Solid back up and trying it out again.

I started playing it about a year and a half ago an quit because I got stuck at the part with Sniper Wolf. Not sure why I didn't just end up looking up an online FAQ, but never picked it back up. I watched the Gametrailers retrospective on the Metal Gear series and it inspired me to play it again. Despite owning almost every Metal Gear game released, I am definitely a late bloomer to the series. Stealth games aren't my favorite genre, but the story in Metal Gear is so damn good I can get through it just to enjoy the series :P

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3894 on: October 13, 2014, 01:30:37 am »
Very cool ad for Halo 2 in an old issue of Game Informer I found at Goodwill.

« Reply #3895 on: October 13, 2014, 01:35:48 am »
Very cool ad for Halo 2 in an old issue of Game Informer I found at Goodwill.

Ahhh, some great memories from when that game launched :)

Nice find on the old Game Informer too. That's one magazine I'd like to track down some old issues for.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3896 on: October 13, 2014, 01:51:02 am »
Found a few of them there for a $1 a piece. They were all PS2/XBox/GameCube era issues.

« Reply #3897 on: October 13, 2014, 01:53:26 am »
Found a few of them there for a $1 a piece. They were all PS2/XBox/GameCube era issues.

That is a great era for that magazine, pretty much everything before 2005ish if good for Game Informer (up until Gamestop bought them out). I used to subscribe bak in 1996 and 1997. Love that magazine :)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3898 on: October 13, 2014, 06:21:01 am »

That is a great era for that magazine, pretty much everything before 2005ish if good for Game Informer (up until Gamestop bought them out). I used to subscribe bak in 1996 and 1997. Love that magazine :)

Who owned it before GS; independent?
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3899 on: October 13, 2014, 11:45:21 am »
Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor; meh...gave it a test drive, and just wasn't feeling any love for it :-\

Luckily, my friend the GS manager (who just got a store of her own...*crosses fingers in hopes of receiving more & better "Pennied-out" items 8)) was working this morning & let me trade-in my opened, and very slightly used copy of Mordor for a minty fresh, sealed copy of the (PS4 version) of "Diablo 3: Ultimate Evil Edition" which, I know has been getting pretty much nuthin' but Love ;D

Back to GS manaña por la manaña to snatch my (temporarily) "Off Limits" PSTV + my "Free to do wtf I want to with" copy of Tears to Tiara: el segundo   ;D
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"