Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1651084 times)

davifus

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #3900 on: October 13, 2014, 11:48:46 am »
Can anyone tell me how long Gamestop hold Preorders for? is it 48 hours or 72?

I have never missed a release day for a game I preordered so I dont know how long they hold it.

"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3901 on: October 13, 2014, 12:09:18 pm »

I have never missed a release day for a game I preordered so I dont know how long they hold it.

I'm pretty sure it's 48 hours...it should say on your receipt, iirc - if not, just call the phone # on the receipt to verify.

It's never been an issue but, since I always pay the game off when I'm pre-ordering it...I'm hoping/assuming that it'd be different in that case...who knows, though?  Maybe they *could* (technically) sell mine off after 48 hours too; IF they refunded the money & wanted to lose a lot of future money by losing me as a customer   ::)
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

argyle

« Reply #3902 on: October 13, 2014, 12:33:54 pm »
Lessee here...

3DS: 9, including 2 digital ones - Bravely Default, Etrian Odyssey IV, James Noir's Hollywood Crimes, One Piece: Romance Dawn, Pokemon X (digital, sadly), SMT IV, SMT Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers, Super Mario 3D Land (digital) and Tales of the Abyss

PS Vita: 7 - Danganronpa, Danganronpa 2, Dragon's Crown, Hyperdimension Neptunia PP, Little Deviants, Persona 4 Golden and Sorcery Saga

Wii U: 6 - Disney Epic Mickey 2, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Hyrule Warriors, Nintendoland, Sniper Elite V2 and Zombie U

PS4: 14 - Alien: Isolation, Assassin's Creed IV LE, Destiny Ghost Ed., Diablo III, Dynasty Warriors 8, Final Fantasy XIV CE, Infamous: Second Son, Killzone: Shadow Fall, The Last of Us Remastered, MGSV: Ground Zeroes, Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor, Natural Doctrine, Skylanders: Swap Force & Watchdogs LE

I love my PS4, I'd say I've already gotten my money's worth out of it.  Heck, my wife made me buy her one too and she loves it as well. :D
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3903 on: October 13, 2014, 12:54:34 pm »
 ;D

Hahaha!

"His & Her" PS4's; Love it  8)

Are they both the launch model or is one of em an LE/bundled one?

You guys had "His & Her" Vita's too, amirite  :P

The couple that plays with each other *stays* with each other ;)

abe

« Reply #3904 on: October 13, 2014, 01:19:42 pm »

I do believe it's officially 48 hours, but I've talked to the employees at EB Games before (same rules apply to EB & Gamestop) and they said they could hold onto it for a week or so. For instance, I was away when Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth1 released, so I couldn't pick up my preorder right away. I came in more than a week later and they still had it for me. Keep in mind though, if it's a popular game, they might be required to sell it to somebody else who asks for it if you haven't picked it up after 48 hours. The Neptunia series doesn't exactly fly off the shelves, which might've had something to do with it. :P
The best thing to do would be to talk to one of the regular employees there and see what they can do for you. You should be fine though.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2014, 01:21:19 pm by abe »
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

abe

« Reply #3905 on: October 13, 2014, 01:20:06 pm »
-Goofed up and pressed quote instead of modify, please ignore post- :'(
« Last Edit: October 13, 2014, 01:21:43 pm by abe »

argyle

« Reply #3906 on: October 13, 2014, 02:07:10 pm »
;D

Hahaha!

"His & Her" PS4's; Love it  8)

Are they both the launch model or is one of em an LE/bundled one?

You guys had "His & Her" Vita's too, amirite  :P

The couple that plays with each other *stays* with each other ;)

Yup, we also have his & hers PS3's. ;) Our PS4's are both launch models, I picked hers up back in the spring just before FFXIV came out (and we had a blast playing that together). I'll have to take a pic of our setup in the den - side-by-side matching TVs (virtually identical - same brand, same type & same size but one is about a year newer model than the other). There's never an issue if one or both of us want to game, or if someone wants to watch something instead - money well spent. :)

I think I've decided to hold off on picking up my Vita TV. I'm gonna wait for a good deal or a bundle that appeals to me. I'm not really playing anything Vita right now, but if I decide to I can borrow my wife's. In the meantime, I really want a Wii U pro controller so some of that credit can cover that while the rest will most likely go towards a game next month. 
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3907 on: October 13, 2014, 03:23:33 pm »
I thought this was cool, so I'm just gonna leave it right here:

Made me think she kind of looked like an evil Princess Zelda.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3908 on: October 13, 2014, 04:58:23 pm »
I thought this was cool, so I'm just gonna leave it right here:

Made me think she kind of looked like an evil Princess Zelda.

Who is she?

Bwigdahl

« Reply #3909 on: October 13, 2014, 06:22:22 pm »
cool thing I learned about my retron 5 today. You can download translation patches very easily (even for non-tech-y people such as myself) and boot them up right alongside your games... Most of the games I want are fairly cheap to get from japan on ebay too.

abe

« Reply #3910 on: October 13, 2014, 07:30:32 pm »
cool thing I learned about my retron 5 today. You can download translation patches very easily (even for non-tech-y people such as myself) and boot them up right alongside your games... Most of the games I want are fairly cheap to get from japan on ebay too.

It is pretty cool, it means you can play the Super Famicom Fire Emblem titles with english patches using official copies (which are pretty cheap to buy, and Japanese exclusives). I believe there also translation patches for some of the Dragon Quest games on the Super Famicom as well (also cheap to get).

maximo310

« Reply #3911 on: October 13, 2014, 07:42:29 pm »

It is pretty cool, it means you can play the Super Famicom Fire Emblem titles with english patches using official copies (which are pretty cheap to buy, and Japanese exclusives). I believe there also translation patches for some of the Dragon Quest games on the Super Famicom as well (also cheap to get).
You are correct on that. There are 100%english patches for the super famicom releases of dragon quest 1+2 as well as dragon quest 3, 5, and 6. Fire Emblem 3-Mystery of the Emblem has a 100% english patch, while 4 has about 88% translated+ completely playable, and 5 has a completely translated script and some menus translated. The FE Super Famicom translations have problems with their scripts/ translations stuff, so there is current work being done on more polished patches for the games in the upcoming future.

abe

« Reply #3912 on: October 13, 2014, 08:17:26 pm »

You are correct on that. There are 100%english patches for the super famicom releases of dragon quest 1+2 as well as dragon quest 3, 5, and 6. Fire Emblem 3-Mystery of the Emblem has a 100% english patch, while 4 has about 88% translated+ completely playable, and 5 has a completely translated script and some menus translated. The FE Super Famicom translations have problems with their scripts/ translations stuff, so there is current work being done on more polished patches for the games in the upcoming future.

Just remembered another one, Front Mission for the SFC also has a full english translation patch. It too is very cheap to procure, cheaper than buying the DS port of the game that actually released in North America.

maximo310

« Reply #3913 on: October 13, 2014, 08:50:47 pm »

Just remembered another one, Front Mission for the SFC also has a full english translation patch. It too is very cheap to procure, cheaper than buying the DS port of the game that actually released in North America.
Thats true, especially since it helps understand the great story of the game, and even though the game menus are all in English in the regular cartidge( I have a complete copy on my desk right now), you really are missing all the political drama without that translation patch, and that patch actually inspired the production group within square to re-release the game for ds and make it available worldwide, with no advertising at all. I also reccomend the english patches for Front Mission: Gun Hazard, which is like Cybernator in many ways, Bahamut Lagoon- fantastic+ underrated strategy game with rpg elements, Final Fantasy 4 if you want to play the first version of the game on the harder difficulty of the game vs us release, Final Fantasy V- great rpg with a pretty customizable job system.
Also- Live a Live, Treasure of the Rudras, Tales of Phantasia, Star Ocean, Seiken Densetsu 3, Romancing Saga 1+3(2's translation is dead at the moment) have really good english patches as well.

abe

« Reply #3914 on: October 13, 2014, 09:31:19 pm »

Thats true, especially since it helps understand the great story of the game, and even though the game menus are all in English in the regular cartidge( I have a complete copy on my desk right now), you really are missing all the political drama without that translation patch, and that patch actually inspired the production group within square to re-release the game for ds and make it available worldwide, with no advertising at all. I also reccomend the english patches for Front Mission: Gun Hazard, which is like Cybernator in many ways, Bahamut Lagoon- fantastic+ underrated strategy game with rpg elements, Final Fantasy 4 if you want to play the first version of the game on the harder difficulty of the game vs us release, Final Fantasy V- great rpg with a pretty customizable job system.
Also- Live a Live, Treasure of the Rudras, Tales of Phantasia, Star Ocean, Seiken Densetsu 3, Romancing Saga 1+3(2's translation is dead at the moment) have really good english patches as well.

Thanks for the recommendations. :) I'll have to look at getting some of these.