Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1651417 times)

davifus

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #3960 on: October 15, 2014, 11:32:05 am »
Dropbox got Hacked too.

> I got some photos in there too, but it was photos that auto synced into it from my camera. Nothing Important or anything explicit so I think I'm safe. I deleted all the photo on Dropbox and signed out of it. Nothing but a battery drainer. 
« Last Edit: October 15, 2014, 11:42:03 am by davifus »
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

Bwigdahl

« Reply #3961 on: October 15, 2014, 11:50:55 am »
I don't do any of that kind of stuff because I'm a technophobe

foxhack

« Reply #3962 on: October 15, 2014, 08:38:43 pm »
I randomly decided to check Facebook today and I just managed to very likely secure a spot at a local start-up comic / game convention that I attended a while ago. I have to pay a $100 MXN fee (that's like eight bucks) but it means I'll be able to go there and dump ahem, sell or trade all my useless comic books and games my trade stuff. I'm really happy.

kashell

« Reply #3963 on: October 16, 2014, 10:41:43 am »
Work won't allow access to gaming sites, yet I am able to watch anime on Crunchyroll. I can watch things like Another or Blade Dance, yet I can't check out gaming news. I can't even...

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3964 on: October 16, 2014, 11:00:41 am »
Beat & finished Phase One in Ar no surge!

Maan...that was actually A LOT of content + dialogue for 1 phase of a 3 phase game - I (*thought*) that I was at the 'Phase-ending' scene/part like Ten freakin' times  :o

Also, after getting my 1st 4 trophies - I can't remember any other game with such a looong gap between the getting the 4th trophy &  the 5th one   :-\

Trivia Question (and...No, I'm not 'quizzing' you all; I really don't know the answer, and I'm curious) -

Anyone know who the "oldest" (software) devs, pubs, and studios are?

As in, they've never filed for bankruptcy and they've never been bought-out, taken over, and/or merged into any other companies.

It's fine if They've bought other companies and/or absorbed smaller ones.
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

Bwigdahl

« Reply #3965 on: October 16, 2014, 11:22:59 am »
Konami and Capcom are the first names that come to mind. Seems like they have games on every console ever.

maximo310

« Reply #3966 on: October 16, 2014, 11:46:44 am »
Sega has been producing games since the 1960's.

argyle

« Reply #3967 on: October 16, 2014, 11:50:29 am »
Activision? They were formed by guys who left Atari, and since Atari has been bought out, liquidated & revived more times than I can count it would probably be them. 
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3968 on: October 16, 2014, 12:19:56 pm »
Sega has been producing games since the 1960's.

I'm with him, Sega. Sega produced arcade games all the way back to WWII. A lot of them were shooting games or mechanical games. But because of already being seasoned veterans, they were also some of the first software producers.

Unless you count Pinball, then it's probably Gottileb or Williams. Pinball dates back to the 1800s, with modern machines beginning in the 1930s.

If we're counting only official "video games", then it's Atari, originally known as Syzergy with their first game: Computer Space on arcade.

Bwigdahl

« Reply #3969 on: October 16, 2014, 12:23:45 pm »
If you're going games in general Nintendo's been around since the late 1800s

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3970 on: October 16, 2014, 01:45:02 pm »
Konami and Capcom are the first names that come to mind. Seems like they have games on every console ever.

True.

They even pre-date the consoles, and go (at least) as far back as the early & glory daze of the Arcades!

WTF were gaming companies making in the 1800's; Pachinko?

Bwigdahl

« Reply #3971 on: October 16, 2014, 01:54:40 pm »

True.

They even pre-date the consoles, and go (at least) as far back as the early & glory daze of the Arcades!

I'm not sure about the others, but I know Nintendo was a playing card manufacturer when they started.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3972 on: October 16, 2014, 03:17:35 pm »

True.

I'm not sure about the others, but I know Nintendo was a playing card manufacturer when they started.

Now that you say that...I think that I remember hearing about Ninty & the playing cards before, too.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3973 on: October 16, 2014, 03:46:25 pm »
Cards and video games/arcades are two entirely different things, though.

Sega, Bally, Midway, Gottileb, and Williams are the first names you see a lot in the arcade scene.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3974 on: October 16, 2014, 04:22:45 pm »
Now that you say that...I think that I remember hearing about Ninty & the playing cards before, too.

Here's a good video about Nintendo's history.

Sega, Bally, Midway, Gottileb, and Williams are the first names you see a lot in the arcade scene.

Scratch Bally and Midway. They're one company now.   I think the merger disqualifies them.  I don't know who bought who, but it's Bally Midway now.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2014, 04:25:07 pm by turf »