Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1534240 times)

bobster

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #4350 on: November 05, 2014, 08:20:25 pm »
So I'm back from Disney World and working on getting caught up on all I missed on here. Glad to be back even though I had a blast. My cat sure missed me  :).

I didn't realize I'd be missing election day. Guess I missed something important!
Currently Playing: The Witcher

Bwigdahl

« Reply #4351 on: November 05, 2014, 11:11:54 pm »
anything 80 or above is pretty much agony for me. I love 50s/60s and overcast. If there's little or no wind, I can comfortably walk around outside with shorts/short sleeves as low as the 30s. My dad is from Minnesota, so I always say I just have his viking blood in my veins, ha!

HA! Over 80?! Damn, where you live? Canada? Here in Redding, CA; temperatures in the 110s isn't uncommon during July and August.

Sometimes I wish I lived in Canada... For multiple reasons but climate being one of them! The nice thing about Kansas is that we get the full range of the seasons. So our summers are hot which I hate (generally in the upper 80s/90s/100s throughout) but we get good fall and winter weather too. Snow, rain, crisp chilly afternoons (my favorite) and all that. And I HAVE to be cold to sleep, it is not uncommon for me to run AC in the winter at night or even open the windows sometimes. I love being cold and bundling all my covers on top of me. People tell me it's weird, but it's a must for me.

A few years back I hiked the grand canyon from north to south rim in the middle of August... Good lord there were some unbearable days/nights. I think the temperature at the bottom of the canyon when we got there was something ungodly like 120... Next time I'll hike the rockies or something.

kashell

« Reply #4352 on: November 06, 2014, 08:03:17 am »
I'm the same way when it comes to sleep. I need to be somewhat chilly or else I won't be able to even get remotely comfortable. You can imagine that I have a pretty high bill in the summer. XD

In other news, I have been semi-replaying Kartia for the PlayStation. I doubt I'll finish it before Tales of Hearts R because I decided to alternate between Toxa and Lacryma to get a better idea of the entire story. I doubt Kartia will win any awards, but damn is this a fun SRPG. I enjoyed it when it was first released years ago, but I'm actually having more fun with it today. I told dark that I recommend it and if anyone else enjoys a good SRPG, I suggest giving this little underdog a go.

Also, 'DAT MUSIC!!

argyle

« Reply #4353 on: November 06, 2014, 09:13:52 am »
anything 80 or above is pretty much agony for me. I love 50s/60s and overcast. If there's little or no wind, I can comfortably walk around outside with shorts/short sleeves as low as the 30s. My dad is from Minnesota, so I always say I just have his viking blood in my veins, ha!

HA! Over 80?! Damn, where you live? Canada? Here in Redding, CA; temperatures in the 110s isn't uncommon during July and August.

Sometimes I wish I lived in Canada... For multiple reasons but climate being one of them! The nice thing about Kansas is that we get the full range of the seasons. So our summers are hot which I hate (generally in the upper 80s/90s/100s throughout) but we get good fall and winter weather too. Snow, rain, crisp chilly afternoons (my favorite) and all that. And I HAVE to be cold to sleep, it is not uncommon for me to run AC in the winter at night or even open the windows sometimes. I love being cold and bundling all my covers on top of me. People tell me it's weird, but it's a must for me.

A few years back I hiked the grand canyon from north to south rim in the middle of August... Good lord there were some unbearable days/nights. I think the temperature at the bottom of the canyon when we got there was something ungodly like 120... Next time I'll hike the rockies or something.

This pretty much sounds like me.  Down here in the armpit of the South it gets nasty hot and HUMID in the summer, and I hate it. Fall/Winter is definitely my favorite time of year!
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4354 on: November 06, 2014, 10:52:08 am »

This pretty much sounds like me.  Down here in the armpit of the South it gets nasty hot and HUMID in the summer, and I hate it. Fall/Winter is definitely my favorite time of year!

I couldn't live in the South... way too hot. When I move, I am considering: Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Wisconsin, Montana...
I want a nice piece of land, no neighbors close by and able to enjoy the fresh air. I have lived in the city all my life.... time to move away from it.
Also have my house built and have a whole room for all my gaming stuff and have a really nice set up!
Hell, i would even invite you guys up once or twice a year, and we can drink, bbq, and set up a bunch of tvs and mess around all weekend.
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4355 on: November 06, 2014, 10:57:44 am »
Happiness Abounds!   ;D

Not only does Tears to Tiara 2 keep getting better & better

*but*

another good & lucky night at the poker table last night ensures that I'll be buying, pre-ordering, and/or paying-off some extra & unplanned on (earlier than planned on) games   8)

*Edit* ...and the winners were:

Pre-ordered & Pre-paid =

Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth2: Sisters Generation (Vita / 1-27-15),

Hyperdevotion Noire: Goddess Black-heart (Vita / 2-24-15), and

Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters (PS3 / 2-28-15).

Bought:

Dragon's Crown (Vita / New), and

Senran Kagura: Shinovi Versus: "Let's Get Physical" LE (Vita / *SEALED*)

;D
« Last Edit: November 06, 2014, 01:07:10 pm by disgaeniac »
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

kashell

« Reply #4356 on: November 06, 2014, 02:38:46 pm »
I would love to hear some impressions on Tears to Tiara II, just so I know what I'm getting into when I finally set down the time to play it. ^^

bobster

« Reply #4357 on: November 06, 2014, 03:47:03 pm »
Happiness Abounds!   ;D

Not only does Tears to Tiara 2 keep getting better & better

*but*

another good & lucky night at the poker table last night ensures that I'll be buying, pre-ordering, and/or paying-off some extra & unplanned on (earlier than planned on) games   8)

*Edit* ...and the winners were:

Pre-ordered & Pre-paid =

Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth2: Sisters Generation (Vita / 1-27-15),

Hyperdevotion Noire: Goddess Black-heart (Vita / 2-24-15), and

Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters (PS3 / 2-28-15).

Bought:

Dragon's Crown (Vita / New), and

Senran Kagura: Shinovi Versus: "Let's Get Physical" LE (Vita / *SEALED*)

;D
Sounds like you're having yourself a great couple days! I also noticed you cleared our your sell list. I was looking at it before Disney, but it was empty when I got back  :P

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4358 on: November 06, 2014, 04:13:32 pm »
kash - I'll get back to you w/ more on Tears to Tiara 2 later...I just beat my 1st hard & frustrating boss fight (it's the 5th, btw), and I'll be needing some cool-down time before I want to think and/or type anything else about it; possibly tomorrow.

bobster - yeah, to Hell w/ that sell-list!   :o

I was just using it as a place to keep track of items that I had > 1 of *BUT*, I was so inundated & flooded with "WTB" responses (for stuff that I wasn't really actively trying to sell, anyways); I just deleted it - I figure that if someone's that interested in something & they see that I have multiples of it in my collection...they can always send me an inquiry/PM.

I can handle a few messages, negotiations, sales, trades, purchases, etc at a time, but...Holy Shit was I flooded   :-\

bobster

« Reply #4359 on: November 06, 2014, 04:17:11 pm »
kash - I'll get back to you w/ more on Tears to Tiara 2 later...I just beat my 1st hard & frustrating boss fight (it's the 5th, btw), and I'll be needing some cool-down time before I want to think and/or type anything else about it; possibly tomorrow.

I was just using it as a place to keep track of items that I had > 1 of *BUT*, I was so inundated & flooded with "WTB" responses (for stuff that I wasn't really actively trying to sell, anyways); I just deleted it - I figure that if someone's that interested in something & they see that I have multiples of it in my collection...they can always send me an inquiry/PM.

I can handle a few messages, negotiations, sales, trades, purchases, etc at a time, but...Holy Shit was I flooded   :-\
Crazy! Must have been some must have stuff in there  :P. One day I'll get around to getting a lot of those JRPGs everyone loves so much. Not enough time in the day to play I'm afraid  :D

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4360 on: November 06, 2014, 04:27:14 pm »

Crazy! Must have been some must have stuff in there  :P. One day I'll get around to getting a lot of those JRPGs everyone loves so much. Not enough time in the day to play I'm afraid  :D

No doubt!

Hold off on them until you have the time to play & enjoy them...many of them are *serious* time-sinks  ;)

Oh yeah!

KASH, Did you have a chance to read up on and/or look into that

(PS2) Wizardry: Tale of the Forsaken Land game that I was talking about & recommending to you the other day?

I know that it's not one of the most commonly known & played games, so...if anyone else here has played it, pass your thoughts about it on to Kashy  8)

« Reply #4361 on: November 06, 2014, 06:51:36 pm »
Gotta love having dental problems and not having dental insurance  :-\

It's my own damn fault though. I used to have insurance through my work, cancelled it because I got on a better plan with my girlfriend, that changed and I got booted from her coverage, and never renewed my old coverage. I can get it turned back on through work, but it won't take effect until January 1st. Shit. . .

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4362 on: November 06, 2014, 07:22:48 pm »
Welp, my phone finally crapped out..... stupid iphone.
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

abe

« Reply #4363 on: November 06, 2014, 07:28:25 pm »

Time for an Android based phone. ;)
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

davifus

« Reply #4364 on: November 06, 2014, 07:36:51 pm »
Gotta love having dental problems and not having dental insurance  :-\

It's my own damn fault though. I used to have insurance through my work, cancelled it because I got on a better plan with my girlfriend, that changed and I got booted from her coverage, and never renewed my old coverage. I can get it turned back on through work, but it won't take effect until January 1st. Shit. . .

Wisdom teeth?

Time for an Android based phone. ;)

One of us... one of us

One of us
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)