Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1534237 times)

pacpix

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #4395 on: November 07, 2014, 07:17:58 pm »
So, if I really end up enjoying Wizardry, that would be another franchise to collect. I'm all for adding to the collection, but I have to play a few games in the series before I do so. Are the Wizardry games cheap? If they are, which ones besides the PS2 game should I try?
As long as you do not go for the original Apple II/PC ports you can get the games for relatively cheap.  The two PS1 compilation games I mentioned above contain five games total, and I purchased them for about ten dollars each on ebay.  There is a seller that lists a few copies at $0.01 starting bids every month or so.  I would recommend Wizardry I as your first game for sure, II, III, and V are more of the same.  IV is for the odd people who thought Wizardry I-III was too easy.  Supposedly 6-8 are the best in the series (also where the series changes from its roots), but I have not played them yet.
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

Bwigdahl

« Reply #4396 on: November 07, 2014, 08:15:38 pm »
I've been in a flight sim game mood recently, so I just popped in F-22 Interceptor on Genesis to see what it was like and the music is so bad... like even for Genesis, it is bad. Every so often I come across a Genesis game with really good music (Adventures of Batman and Robin and Castlevania Bloodlines come to mind) but good lord, when it's bad it is REALLY BAD

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4397 on: November 08, 2014, 07:09:43 am »
Absolutely loving the Senran Kagura OST (*not sampler*) that came w/ the LE  ;D

A lot of it sounds like different arrangements of famous & recognizable classical pieces; but done well.

KASH -

I couldn't resist the Riannon + Arawn DLC's either  :o

Arawn, unsurprisingly, is a beast (King of the beasts?)  :P
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

kashell

« Reply #4398 on: November 08, 2014, 09:46:31 am »
Absolutely loving the Senran Kagura OST (*not sampler*) that came w/ the LE  ;D

A lot of it sounds like different arrangements of famous & recognizable classical pieces; but done well.

KASH -

I couldn't resist the Riannon + Arawn DLC's either  :o

Arawn, unsurprisingly, is a beast (King of the beasts?)  :P

Good to know. I'm hoping Arwan makes the campaign towards 100% easier.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4399 on: November 08, 2014, 01:45:39 pm »
Sweetness!

I bought the Vita Senran Kagura LE just for the OST & the 130+ page artbook that came with it (I doubt very much that I'd be able to play it and/or that it would be very 1-handed-friendly); So (since it never hurts to ask:) I asked my friend @ GS if I could return the box + the (still sealed) game *but* keep the OST & artbook for myself and...still get back the $50 + tax that I paid for it.

Her answer was very much to my liking  ;)

argyle

« Reply #4400 on: November 08, 2014, 02:15:08 pm »
Sweetness!

I bought the Vita Senran Kagura LE just for the OST & the 130+ page artbook that came with it (I doubt very much that I'd be able to play it and/or that it would be very 1-handed-friendly); So (since it never hurts to ask:) I asked my friend @ GS if I could return the box + the (still sealed) game *but* keep the OST & artbook for myself and...still get back the $50 + tax that I paid for it.

Awesome - it's nice to have friends at GS. :D
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4401 on: November 08, 2014, 02:40:45 pm »
Sweetness!

Awesome - it's nice to have friends at GS. :D

Indeed-diddily   ;D

I picked up a sealed copy of the Vita's Ragnarok ACE "Launch Edition" LE & pocketed the other $20 from my refund  8)

Bwigdahl

« Reply #4402 on: November 08, 2014, 08:27:36 pm »
Started watching Video Games the Movie on netflix today... Gotta say, pretty damn boring. they skip over ALOT of stuff and really don't give much more than a rudimentary intro into the history of games. But I guess thats what you get when you try to fit 40+ years of history into an hour and forty minutes of film.

kashell

« Reply #4403 on: November 08, 2014, 10:42:00 pm »
Are Game Shark codes and Pro Action Replay codes interchangeable for Playstation 2 titles?

maximo310

« Reply #4404 on: November 08, 2014, 11:10:34 pm »
Are Game Shark codes and Pro Action Replay codes interchangeable for Playstation 2 titles?
They are different, since most Gameshark codes are one row long, while Action Replay can have 2+ rows for their codes and with different letters and numbers.

kashell

« Reply #4405 on: November 08, 2014, 11:43:32 pm »
I kind of figured. I recently found the PS2 launch title Evergrace for super cheap and decided to give it a shot. Since I'm rather intrigued by the story, I was thinking I could just PAR the game but...it's not listed. Oddly enough, other launch titles and some rather contemporary titles are listed. I was trying to figure out a way to add the game, but I couldn't find anything. ~_~()

argyle

« Reply #4406 on: November 08, 2014, 11:48:37 pm »
Started watching Video Games the Movie on netflix today... Gotta say, pretty damn boring. they skip over ALOT of stuff and really don't give much more than a rudimentary intro into the history of games. But I guess thats what you get when you try to fit 40+ years of history into an hour and forty minutes of film.

I thought the same thing - I've seen the first 20-30 mins of it so far and it's very glossed over. Heck, for a more in-depth look at gaming's early days I recommend the YouTube series The Video Game Years: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL4T1sDYpnBr5CNLpuaR5I-VlQYGFWZPUJ
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4407 on: November 09, 2014, 12:02:26 am »

I thought the same thing - I've seen the first 20-30 mins of it so far and it's very glossed over. Heck, for a more in-depth look at gaming's early days I recommend the YouTube series The Video Game Years: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL4T1sDYpnBr5CNLpuaR5I-VlQYGFWZPUJ

That really is an awesome series. I hope they raise enough cash to go to 2000.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4408 on: November 09, 2014, 12:39:19 am »
I didn't leave the house all day. I gave 25 NES games a fair shot. Let me say I found a couple that deserve more time.
This evening I watched a little football and now I'm topping it off with some solid UFC.

I've got a bunch of friends putting pictures of them and Royce Gracie on faceworld. A guy I know won a local title tonight. I guess I should have loaded up and gone to the amateur fights in Memphis.

Oh well, it was still a good day.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4409 on: November 09, 2014, 07:48:52 am »

No idea, I've never had/used either one   :o