Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1517309 times)

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #4560 on: November 15, 2014, 08:18:42 pm »
So roommates cat is missing, its an indoor cat.... Came home and he asked me if i saw his cat all day, I said no. So I get to spend time searching high and low for this cat.... just in case it died and we dont want it smelling the joint up........ lovely way to spend my weekend so far.
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

foxhack

« Reply #4561 on: November 15, 2014, 08:22:43 pm »
I beat Castlevania:  SOTN a while back with 200.6%.  I think I can answer some questions.

What is a man?

davifus

« Reply #4562 on: November 15, 2014, 08:23:56 pm »
I beat Castlevania:  SOTN a while back with 200.6%.  I think I can answer some questions.

What is the meaning of Life?
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

tpugmire

« Reply #4563 on: November 15, 2014, 08:44:16 pm »

What is a man?
A miserable pile of secrets.
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

tpugmire

« Reply #4564 on: November 15, 2014, 08:46:04 pm »

This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4565 on: November 15, 2014, 08:49:44 pm »

Who is gonna win the Super Bowl? I am gonna web my entire life saving with your prediction!
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

davifus

« Reply #4566 on: November 15, 2014, 09:06:21 pm »

The answer I was hoping for. You're the best
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

argyle

« Reply #4567 on: November 16, 2014, 02:11:28 am »

I'm wondering how high Alucard's LUCK needs to be in order to get...well...get -EVERYTHING- from all of the monsters. I know that there are tons of rare drops from most of the enemies and I'd like to get them all if possible. It's something I have never done before despite going through the game a few times.

Not sure, but if you enter your name as X-X!V''Q then you will start the game with 99 luck but the rest of your stats will be really low. I played it this way earlier this year and it was a lot of fun - make the game pretty tough up-front, but levels off I'd say around the mid-way point (around the time you get to the second castle). Also taught me to use some weapons I didn't normally use, like the fist weapon that has high criticals (with high luck they're much more likely). 
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4568 on: November 16, 2014, 09:13:39 am »
So, question time for those of you who are import-savvy!

It's gotta be common knowledge by now that I've been playing + loving Tears to Tiara 2 lately.

I've now also fallen in love w/ the game's music too.

I've imported < 5 times in my life, and even those times were just buying from JP sellers on Amazon.

Amazon doesn't seem to have any listings for Tears to Tiara 2's OST.  In fact, I could only 'find' it on one site and, even there, it's "back-ordered"; hence my questions:

- Firstly, anyone know of other places to find/buy this?

- Anyone ever heard of, dealt with, and/or know anything about the reputation of a site called "AmiAmi"?  If so, ever "back-ordered" any items not currently in stock from them?

- And lastly - how much would 3,240 yen cost me in dollars; if, that is, they'll even accept American orders & money?

Thanks!
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

« Reply #4569 on: November 16, 2014, 09:39:00 am »
So, question time for those of you who are import-savvy!

It's gotta be common knowledge by now that I've been playing + loving Tears to Tiara 2 lately.

I've now also fallen in love w/ the game's music too.

I've imported < 5 times in my life, and even those times were just buying from JP sellers on Amazon.

Amazon doesn't seem to have any listings for Tears to Tiara 2's OST.  In fact, I could only 'find' it on one site and, even there, it's "back-ordered"; hence my questions:

- Firstly, anyone know of other places to find/buy this?

- Anyone ever heard of, dealt with, and/or know anything about the reputation of a site called "AmiAmi"?  If so, ever "back-ordered" any items not currently in stock from them?

- And lastly - how much would 3,240 yen cost me in dollars; if, that is, they'll even accept American orders & money?

Thanks!

I guess this is the post you wanted me to reply to?

To answer your questions: Amiami are very reliable and yes they do accept foreign orders. I've bought all sorts off them for several years now and there's never been a problem with anything from cheap Gundam kits to limited edition 3DS', so order with confidence! If you want to try somewhere else, go to CDJapan - I've used them for longer than I've been married (10 year anniversary this year) ;)

As for your conversion question - type "2000 jpy into usd" (without quotation marks) into any Google search bar and it'll work it out for you - obviously replace that 2000 amount as necessary. Hope that helped!

jcalder8

« Reply #4570 on: November 16, 2014, 10:23:24 am »
What is the average airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?

argyle

« Reply #4571 on: November 16, 2014, 10:24:57 am »
Here is a direct link to Google's currency converter, I use it all the time for just that kind of situation Kenny :)https://www.google.com/search?sourceid=chrome-psyapi2&ion=1&espv=2&es_th=1&ie=UTF-8&q=google%20currency%20converter

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4572 on: November 16, 2014, 10:48:09 am »
What is the average airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?

I got this one.

African or European Swallow?

« Reply #4573 on: November 16, 2014, 11:10:53 am »
I'm so tired of idiots that bid items up on Ebay well before the auction ends. Yeah, I'm glad you want to overpay for the item, but the rest of us are trying to save money...

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4574 on: November 16, 2014, 11:11:37 am »
Thanks kimimi and argyle  ;D

Yep, that was indeed the correct post, kimimi, I'm still left wondering & curious, though...have you heard of, bought, played, and/or thought that you might like Tears to Tiara 2?  I'm (just) guessing that it might be something that you'd enjoy.

(also)  Happy 10th Anniversary!

It's always nice when I see the institution working, rather than driving droves into institutions  :P

I'll give CDJapan a look, too.

It turns out that ~3200 yen = ~$28 usd.  Not too bad for a 3-Disk, 50 to 60 track OST; although...I won't be surprised if S&H from JP to NJ costs as much as the item itself  :o

Always a treat seeing & talking to you, kimimi  ;)
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"