Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1652950 times)

tpugmire

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #4665 on: November 20, 2014, 07:03:53 pm »
Can someone explain to me why the hell my Smash Wii U Bundle shipped from Arizona, flew over my state (Colorado) and is now in Kentucky? I'm going to be f%&$ing pissed if I don't end up getting this package tomorrow. . .
How did it get shipped? UPS, USPS?  Doesn't sound like FedEx to me.

UPS
Ok, so while I can't comment directly about UPS operating procedures, because I don't know specifically how their system works, I work for FedEx and I'd imagine that it's similar.

What happens is that a package leaves it's origin location and is sent to a central hub, where packages are sorted out and sent on to the airport closest to the destination, then it goes on a truck to the station closest to the destination, from there it goes out for delivery.

As a quick example, if I was to send something from here in Salt Lake City, Utah to Las Vegas, Nevada.  It would travel to Oakland, California first.
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

tpugmire

« Reply #4666 on: November 20, 2014, 07:12:37 pm »
Also, I should mention that all this stuff is going on 24 hours a day, it's actually pretty impressive if you consider the amount of packages and the size of the operation. I'd be surprised if you don't get it tomorrow.
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4667 on: November 20, 2014, 07:25:33 pm »
Can someone explain to me why the hell my Smash Wii U Bundle shipped from Arizona, flew over my state (Colorado) and is now in Kentucky? I'm going to be f%&$ing pissed if I don't end up getting this package tomorrow. . .
How did it get shipped? UPS, USPS?  Doesn't sound like FedEx to me.

UPS

that sounds like something USPS would do. hell I had a package at my local post office and the next day it's in northern New Jersey and stayed there for a week

« Reply #4668 on: November 20, 2014, 08:56:10 pm »
Also, I should mention that all this stuff is going on 24 hours a day, it's actually pretty impressive if you consider the amount of packages and the size of the operation. I'd be surprised if you don't get it tomorrow.

I definitely applaud their work, and know that it is constantly in transit until it arrives at its location, it just baffled me why it seriously flew over me and went about 1000 miles east. I really hope you're right though. I've been stiffed once before with a preorder not getting to me until a few days after launch, and seeing how much I want to play this game, I really hope this doesn't happen with Smash.

Thank you for the info though :)

pacpix

« Reply #4669 on: November 20, 2014, 09:38:04 pm »
The new Goat Simulator update released today, Goat MMO Simulator.  I got really excited for multiplayer, but it actually just simulates an MMO, but is not a multiplayer game ha.  Still going to be amazing!

Edit: On a side note it is very weird not having to leave things downloading over night like I did back when I had 1.5 mbps
« Last Edit: November 20, 2014, 09:47:34 pm by pacpix »
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4670 on: November 21, 2014, 09:31:59 am »
Had a blackout here yesterday.... Nothing like sitting in the dark at night........
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4671 on: November 21, 2014, 10:22:29 am »
Had a blackout here yesterday.... Nothing like sitting in the dark at night........

that's what handhelds are for ;D

seriously, the last time I've used one, was the 2-3 days that Sandy knocked our power out :o
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4672 on: November 21, 2014, 11:12:34 am »

that's what handhelds are for ;D

seriously, the last time I've used one, was the 2-3 days that Sandy knocked our power out :o

I have no batteries, and had to leave in 45 minutes, so i didn't really wanna get into a game then leave haha

1049-2600-8730

thekosmickollector

« Reply #4673 on: November 21, 2014, 02:13:51 pm »
It's my birthdaaaaaaaay! :D

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4674 on: November 21, 2014, 02:39:40 pm »
Happy Birthday!  What'd ya get me?

kashell

« Reply #4675 on: November 21, 2014, 02:53:20 pm »
Happy birthday!

maximo310

« Reply #4676 on: November 21, 2014, 04:31:24 pm »
Happy Birthday! Have a great day!

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4677 on: November 21, 2014, 04:46:53 pm »
Happy Birthday!

1049-2600-8730

tpugmire

« Reply #4678 on: November 21, 2014, 05:20:57 pm »

I definitely applaud their work, and know that it is constantly in transit until it arrives at its location, it just baffled me why it seriously flew over me and went about 1000 miles east. I really hope you're right though. I've been stiffed once before with a preorder not getting to me until a few days after launch, and seeing how much I want to play this game, I really hope this doesn't happen with Smash.

So did it show up today?

« Reply #4679 on: November 21, 2014, 10:29:42 pm »

So did it show up today?

yes it did. Lol I feel lame for worrying about it now, but I really, really wanted to play Smash day 1. Such an awesome game!