Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1653132 times)

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #4740 on: November 24, 2014, 06:58:43 pm »
Congrats, Karyann! ;D

bobster

« Reply #4741 on: November 24, 2014, 07:39:41 pm »
Congratulations karyann! That's awesome
Currently Playing: The Witcher

karyann

« Reply #4742 on: November 24, 2014, 07:48:26 pm »
Thanks guys!  ;D Now I finally feel like all the never-ending work I'm going through at school right now is going to be worth it, and pretty soon too.

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4743 on: November 24, 2014, 09:01:50 pm »
To our Missouri brothers, be safe tonight, I have a feeling tonight might turn ugly.
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

kashell

« Reply #4744 on: November 24, 2014, 09:16:38 pm »
Well done, Kary!

I'll try setting that avatar now.

maximo310

« Reply #4745 on: November 24, 2014, 09:23:23 pm »
Well done, Kary!

I'll try setting that avatar now.
Wow, your bigger avatar looks pretty sweet and splendid!

tpugmire

« Reply #4746 on: November 24, 2014, 10:00:44 pm »
Well done, Karyann. Best of luck with the new job.
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

pacpix

« Reply #4747 on: November 24, 2014, 11:11:10 pm »
Well, about that job interview I talked about last week... I GOT THE JOB I'M SO FREAKING EXCITED OH MY GAWD. I'm starting in January, so I'll have a small break after my courses and before work. And it's pretty close to where I live, and a friend from my class got a job at the same place as well. ;D I'll be web developer, in case anyone wonders!

Congratulations Karyann!  I am glad everything worked out
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4748 on: November 24, 2014, 11:31:53 pm »
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers.  Thank God I live in the country.

What in world is the reasoning behind looting a liquor store during a protest?  If your don't like something, protest.  Let your voice be heard.  Don't tear shit up.  It takes away any credibility your cause had.  That's how things go from protests to riots. 

« Reply #4749 on: November 25, 2014, 12:10:50 am »
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers.  Thank God I live in the country.

What in world is the reasoning behind looting a liquor store during a protest?  If your don't like something, protest.  Let your voice be heard.  Don't tear shit up.  It takes away any credibility your cause had.  That's how things go from protests to riots.

Seriously, my heart goes out to the officers who have to deal with this shit throughout the night. There's no reason for any of it. Especially after detailed hard evidence was shown, and they lashed out on their own community instead of accepting it.

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4750 on: November 25, 2014, 12:55:32 am »
They are also have protest in LA, Oakland, Detroit and a few other spots. Lets hope everyone stays safe, damn shame, they wreck their city, then complain and cry that their cities are trashed.....

1049-2600-8730

« Reply #4751 on: November 25, 2014, 01:01:45 am »

The people who are vandalizing, looting, being violent, and just plain destroying their communities do not want justice, they want to lash out at anyone and anything that doesn't conform to their model of ignorance. What's really sad is they are doing way more harm to the black community than any good that could come from this (which is virtually nothing at this point), both by destroying their own communities, but also perpetuating racial stereotypes against them. I am most definitely not a racist and am not prejudice, but this is absolutely disgusting.

And where the hell is the outrage for black on black crime in this country which happens 100 times for every white cop that kills a black person?
« Last Edit: November 25, 2014, 01:10:12 am by bikingjahuty »

« Reply #4752 on: November 25, 2014, 01:04:41 am »
They are also have protest in LA, Oakland, Detroit and a few other spots. Lets hope everyone stays safe, damn shame, they wreck their city, then complain and cry that their cities are trashed.....

This actually happened, one of the livestreamers was like "why all the cops out here with tactical gear and shit?" Even though it's clearly because of all the stuff happening around them. It's not a simple case of cops and robbers here, it's an army of rioters, and they need to be dealt with with a greater force.

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4753 on: November 25, 2014, 01:17:58 am »

This actually happened, one of the livestreamers was like "why all the cops out here with tactical gear and shit?" Even though it's clearly because of all the stuff happening around them. It's not a simple case of cops and robbers here, it's an army of rioters, and they need to be dealt with with a greater force.

Right before it was announced, I was listening to the scanner from over there, and there were reports of a guy with a gun right outside the Police Dept. and was telling people "you guys are about to see something real". So of course the cops will be armed and wearing protective gear(as you know)..... do these "protesters" really think the PD, and National Guard is gonna come in regular uniforms?

I watched a handful of streams from the ground and news stations, and the PD was behaving for the most part. They could have bully clubs out and wack people, but they grouped up and walked down the streets in force and was able to clear the streets with tear gas and just being there. Out in St. Louis, they got on the freeway and blocked traffic, they started to gang up on a big rig till riot police came up and they backed off

1049-2600-8730

koemo1

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4754 on: November 25, 2014, 01:28:20 am »
Well, about that job interview I talked about last week... I GOT THE JOB I'M SO FREAKING EXCITED OH MY GAWD. I'm starting in January, so I'll have a small break after my courses and before work. And it's pretty close to where I live, and a friend from my class got a job at the same place as well. ;D I'll be web developer, in case anyone wonders!

And omygosh Abe, I love your avatar! Megane Bowser for the win!  :D
Conglaturation man! I'm soo happy for you!
Currently playing:
Rogue Trooper [xbox]
Days Gone [ps4]