Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1653258 times)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #4770 on: November 25, 2014, 02:19:35 pm »
We need a modern-day update of Golden Axe. And I want to see it with that Frazetta-fantasy art-style that the original emulated. I want to see an entirely new, modern game. Not a re-release or a remastered version. Make it like Ninja Gaiden or Viking: Battle For Asgard. I would be all over that! And it better have epic, Lord of the Rings style music.

Come on Sega!

Have you tried Dragon's Crown on?  It has that fantasy look and it's a beat 'em up.  It's a blast.

Never heard of it. But after researching it, I see why. It's a PS3/PS Vita exclusive. I have a 360, 3DS, and a Wii; so no go for me.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2014, 02:23:01 pm by burningdoom »

argyle

« Reply #4771 on: November 25, 2014, 02:24:23 pm »
on a brighter note...

just picked up my Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth "Wild Cards" LE -and- man, is it sweet-looking!

btw - I've added/updated everything in the LE's entry so, no need to do so if it's still blank...until it gets approved ;)

Good, saves me some work later tonight. ;)
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4772 on: November 25, 2014, 02:35:31 pm »
We need a modern-day update of Golden Axe. And I want to see it with that Frazetta-fantasy art-style that the original emulated. I want to see an entirely new, modern game. Not a re-release or a remastered version. Make it like Ninja Gaiden or Viking: Battle For Asgard. I would be all over that! And it better have epic, Lord of the Rings style music.

Come on Sega!

Have you tried Dragon's Crown on?  It has that fantasy look and it's a beat 'em up.  It's a blast.

Never heard of it. But after researching it, I see why. It's a PS3/PS Vita exclusive. I have a 360, 3DS, and a Wii; so no go for me.

I gotcha.  My bad.  It's a good one though.  It was on my short list before I got a PS3. 

argyle

« Reply #4773 on: November 25, 2014, 02:41:37 pm »

Come on Sega!

I gotcha.  My bad.  It's a good one though.  It was on my short list before I got a PS3.

Yup, the game even has some references to Golden Axe - it's well aware of what its influences were. :)
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

« Reply #4774 on: November 25, 2014, 02:45:40 pm »
I've seen a few Let's Plays of it, I really need to pick it up one of these days.

bobster

« Reply #4775 on: November 25, 2014, 03:18:41 pm »
Geez, trying to find a Blu ray copy of the Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone complex TV series is crazy expensive. I'm blown away.
Currently Playing: The Witcher

kashell

« Reply #4776 on: November 25, 2014, 03:34:21 pm »
Well, this is some great news for my Tuesday afternoon: I won review of the month on GameFAQs.com!

They gave me a 50 dollar amazon gift card as a prize. The review is for Ar nosurge, in case anyone wishes to read it. ^^

« Reply #4777 on: November 25, 2014, 03:39:07 pm »
Well, this is some great news for my Tuesday afternoon: I won review of the month on GameFAQs.com!

They gave me a 50 dollar amazon gift card as a prize. The review is for Ar nosurge, in case anyone wishes to read it. ^^

Wow, congrats! That's awesome! ;D

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4778 on: November 25, 2014, 03:53:23 pm »
on a brighter note...

just picked up my Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth "Wild Cards" LE -and- man, is it sweet-looking!

btw - I've added/updated everything in the LE's entry so, no need to do so if it's still blank...until it gets approved ;)

Good, saves me some work later tonight. ;)

Looks like it's all been approved & updated ;D

Only thing I didn't do, was to find another picture...the one up now is the "displayed" image *not* the boxed one.

'grats, kash - that's not your 1st RotM there, is it?
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4779 on: November 25, 2014, 04:28:39 pm »
I was baby sitting my nephew today, and I had my very own childhood flash back today. I am in my mid 20s, and was a "90s kid"

So I wasnt paying attention to the tv and I heard a very familiar theme song start up, one I haven't heard in a very long time..... What was it? The intro song for the Original Power Rangers!  ;D

Talk about a flash back.... and yes... I totally watched it haha!

God am I a nerd?
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

tpugmire

« Reply #4780 on: November 25, 2014, 05:08:26 pm »

God am I a nerd?
Yes, yes you are. But it's fine.
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

karyann

« Reply #4781 on: November 25, 2014, 07:17:13 pm »
on a brighter note...

The tarot cards look so cool, I wanted to pre-order Persona Q and P4AU (and get the awesome inflatable Teddie too!), but with Christmas coming soon and the gifts and gas to visit family and everything on the side, I decided that the tarot cards and Teddie weren't a necessity  :-\

abe

« Reply #4782 on: November 25, 2014, 09:53:53 pm »
on a brighter note...

The tarot cards look so cool, I wanted to pre-order Persona Q and P4AU (and get the awesome inflatable Teddie too!), but with Christmas coming soon and the gifts and gas to visit family and everything on the side, I decided that the tarot cards and Teddie weren't a necessity  :-\

I found the quality of the tarot cards were a bit meh. I was expecting a little more from them. That being said, I only have the first half from getting P4 Arena Ultimax and not the second half from Persona Q. I'm sure they're the same anyways.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

foxhack

« Reply #4783 on: November 25, 2014, 10:07:38 pm »
Uh.

Uuuuuuuuuuuuuh...

abe

« Reply #4784 on: November 25, 2014, 10:19:18 pm »
Uh.

Uuuuuuuuuuuuuh...

Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh...  :o