Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1653907 times)

devancowan

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #4920 on: December 02, 2014, 11:23:12 pm »
I know this probably goes without saying, but holy shit Smash is fun!

I'm jealous... I NEED a WiiU..
With all the amiibos!

kashell

« Reply #4921 on: December 03, 2014, 07:51:00 am »
Yeah, Smash is pretty great. Unfortunately, I'm not a fan of most of the new characters except for Mega Man and Pac-Man. Also, they really smacked Pit with the nerf stick.

Marth is still awesome as hell.

Bwigdahl

« Reply #4922 on: December 03, 2014, 11:13:32 am »
I kinda like Little Mac, his smash moves are pretty solid, and his forward special is fucking great if it lands fully charged... Pikachu is still my goto character though.

Last night I went through and played a 1v1 on easy 1 stock match to test them out/unlock characters (which I've unlocked all but I think 1 so far). I was also kinda hoping there would be a challenge for getting a KO with every character, but I don't think there is... I guess I'll find out when I unlock that last character, which is Duck Hunt. (I even created 1 of every kind of Mii character and got a KO with them too)
« Last Edit: December 03, 2014, 11:18:58 am by Bwigdahl »

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4923 on: December 03, 2014, 11:27:19 am »
Alright now, all of you more technically-inclined VGC'ers...WTF is (could/might) be going on here?!

1st time it's ever happened >:(

I've got it set up here so that, I get an email letting me know when a post is made in a topic that I'm active in.

Now, it seems like about 1/3 of these emails do not have clickable links to the topic in blue, like they always do -but- just plain, old & un-clickable black text of what should be blue & clickable text >:(

Anyone have this happen and/or know what's happening or why?
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4924 on: December 03, 2014, 11:30:40 am »
Going to meet my first VGC member today, not bad for a newb haha

Gonna do some trading.
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

bobster

« Reply #4925 on: December 03, 2014, 11:31:54 am »
Alright now, all of you more technically-inclined VGC'ers...WTF is (could/might) be going on here?!

I've got it set up here so that, I get an email letting me know when a post is made in a topic that I'm active in.

Now, it seems like about 1/3 of these emails do not have clickable links to the topic in blue, like they always do -but- just plain, old & un-clickable black text of what should be blue & clickable text >:(

I noticed that too Kenny. My guess is that for some reason, probably by accident, the system is sending out plain text emails now instead of HTML emails. That'd do it.
Currently Playing: The Witcher

foxhack

« Reply #4926 on: December 03, 2014, 11:41:50 am »
Reposting from twitter :p

After almost two months of nothing for my online store, I came home today with like $500 worth of merchandise for less than thirty bucks total. I am ECSTATIC. 500 bucks goes A LONG WAY down here. And most importantly, we can afford to make tamales now. ;D Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay

I only wish I could've brought more stuff, but there's only so much I can smuggle into Mexico without the customs agents getting suspicious. :p I'll make a post with the stuff I'm actually keeping later today, when I get back from paying bills. XD

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4927 on: December 03, 2014, 12:16:48 pm »

I noticed that too Kenny. My guess is that for some reason, probably by accident, the system is sending out plain text emails now instead of HTML emails. That'd do it.

Shouldn't that affect *all* of them, then?

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4928 on: December 03, 2014, 12:53:36 pm »
I've been meaning (and, obviously, forgetting:) to put this here for awhile now - it's *especially* for those who will (eventually) be playing the PS3 game

Tears to Tiara 2

Before playing, I'd very strongly suggest reading:

(1st)   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hamilcar_Barca

as Hamilcar Barca is the main character, and then

read this one (about his more famous & widely recognized son)...

here   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hannibal

trust me - having read/learned about these, you will understand the game, its events & people, and the context MUCH better than you will than by simply jumping into the game ;)

The more you know... ;D

bobster

« Reply #4929 on: December 03, 2014, 01:06:37 pm »

Yup it should. For me, I noticed all the ones after 1:55 for me this morning don't have the hyperlinks. So I was getting them, now I'm not. Are some of yours still working when they come in?

Edit: I lied actually. I just got one that had a hyperlink. I wonder if Matt has fixed it already or if it was just coincidence none of them had links for me.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2014, 01:11:42 pm by bobster »

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4930 on: December 03, 2014, 02:04:29 pm »

Yup it should. For me, I noticed all the ones after 1:55 for me this morning don't have the hyperlinks. So I was getting them, now I'm not. Are some of yours still working when they come in?

Edit: I lied actually. I just got one that had a hyperlink. I wonder if Matt has fixed it already or if it was just coincidence none of them had links for me.

I'm still getting both, actually.

I just got 3 messages...2 of them were hyperlinks & 1 wasn't :-\

bobster

« Reply #4931 on: December 03, 2014, 02:07:11 pm »

I'm still getting both, actually.

I just got 3 messages...2 of them were hyperlinks & 1 wasn't :-\
Well I dropped a PM to Matt anyways. I figure he's probably the only one that can do anything about it. I'd imagine it's on the email/coding portion of the site and the administrators here can't do anything about that.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4932 on: December 03, 2014, 06:45:44 pm »
Is anyone else seeing all the smileys above and below the marquee at the top of the page?

« Reply #4933 on: December 03, 2014, 07:37:50 pm »
Is anyone else seeing all the smileys above and below the marquee at the top of the page?

No, can you share a screencap?

karyann

« Reply #4934 on: December 03, 2014, 07:59:27 pm »
Reposting from twitter :p

After almost two months of nothing for my online store, I came home today with like $500 worth of merchandise for less than thirty bucks total. I am ECSTATIC. 500 bucks goes A LONG WAY down here. And most importantly, we can afford to make tamales now. ;D Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay

I only wish I could've brought more stuff, but there's only so much I can smuggle into Mexico without the customs agents getting suspicious. :p I'll make a post with the stuff I'm actually keeping later today, when I get back from paying bills. XD

Gotta love when that happens :) Awesome!