Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1654005 times)

turf

PRO Supporter

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #4965 on: December 06, 2014, 12:06:53 pm »
Wouldn't you be pissed if you paid $35 for Anticipation?  How about the screenshots of Zelda II and Simon's Quest on the left?

I have never played Anticipation.

And good eye. I never caught the Zelda/Castlevania mix-up.

I know a guy that is going through and playing every NES game and tell folks about each one.  ;)

Anticipation is a horrible idea.  It's a board game where the computer does all the drawing and the players try to guess what is being drawn first.  It's so bad.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4966 on: December 06, 2014, 12:26:51 pm »
Since I couldn't find it on G*FAQs / PS3trophies / PSNProfiles, etc here's a

trophy list for CLASS OF HEROES 2G

in case any of the rest of you want to check it out ;)

http://www.exophase.com/game/class-of-heroes-2g-ps3/trophies/
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

foxhack

« Reply #4967 on: December 06, 2014, 02:16:43 pm »
The weather sucks.

It's supposed t0 be 35-40 overnight and 60 during the day. Instead it's 50 overnight and 70 during the day, with high humidity. It's so humid it makes the city look like a rainstorm just dumped on us...

And what's worse is the humidity ruins everything at the places I buy stuff at. I went to buy DVDs at the flea market and almost everything was so humid and damp that the artwork was ruined. It's horrible. :(

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4968 on: December 06, 2014, 02:51:14 pm »
Man, the last of us is challenging but good.... I am a highly impatient person and this is really testing me lol

Edit: someone posted this on another forum.

circut city flyer 2004ish
« Last Edit: December 06, 2014, 02:53:58 pm by fighterpilot562 »
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4969 on: December 06, 2014, 03:00:30 pm »
Man, the last of us is challenging but good.... I am a highly impatient person and this is really testing me lol

Edit: someone posted this on another forum.

circut city flyer 2004ish

Very cool! Love seeing this old stuff.

kashell

« Reply #4970 on: December 06, 2014, 05:50:18 pm »
Unless I change my mind way -WAY- down the road, I have officially collected all of the Sega Saturn titles I have ever wanted. My copy of Shining Wisdom arrived today and I'm super excited about it. While I'm neck deep in Suikoden II now (things keep getting better and better...also I wish Nanami was a real person so we could hang out) and I plan on playing Atelier E&L after, I am really excited to give the game a whirl when I need an action/RPG.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4971 on: December 06, 2014, 11:02:38 pm »
You know what grinds my gears?  When jackholes at game stores try to bullshit people. Gather 'round kids, Poppa's got a story to tell.

I'm in Game XChange. They cleaned house on their staff. So, no one there knows me anymore. They don't know I'm a regular that knows his shit. Ask me a question, I'll learn ya a thing or two.
Well, this new chucklehead in there is telling a girl how to fix her SNES games that won't come on. "Those games have batteries in them. Sometimes the batteries die and the game won't come on. You can go to Walmart and get the bit to open those and replace them yourself."  Instantly, I don't like this guy.
I pick up a game that's not priced to ask how much it is. (Kid Kool is you want to know. It's not super common. I might use it to trade). I grab it and plastic is rattling around inside.
Chucklehead Jones goes over to his computer. Click-clickety-Click "It's $4.95"
Can y'all do a little better since something's broken on the inside?
"No, but if you go to Walmart, you can get a bit to take it apart. Sometimes that happens with those old games".
I'm not paying full price for your broken shit homie.

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4972 on: December 06, 2014, 11:23:47 pm »
You know what grinds my gears?  When jackholes at game stores try to bullshit people. Gather 'round kids, Poppa's got a story to tell.

I'm in Game XChange. They cleaned house on their staff. So, no one there knows me anymore. They don't know I'm a regular that knows his shit. Ask me a question, I'll learn ya a thing or two.
Well, this new chucklehead in there is telling a girl how to fix her SNES games that won't come on. "Those games have batteries in them. Sometimes the batteries die and the game won't come on. You can go to Walmart and get the bit to open those and replace them yourself."  Instantly, I don't like this guy.
I pick up a game that's not priced to ask how much it is. (Kid Kool is you want to know. It's not super common. I might use it to trade). I grab it and plastic is rattling around inside.
Chucklehead Jones goes over to his computer. Click-clickety-Click "It's $4.95"
Can y'all do a little better since something's broken on the inside?
"No, but if you go to Walmart, you can get a bit to take it apart. Sometimes that happens with those old games".
I'm not paying full price for your broken shit homie.

Is walmart paying him of to say shit like that haha

1049-2600-8730

foxhack

« Reply #4973 on: December 06, 2014, 11:53:06 pm »
I'm in Game XChange. They cleaned house on their staff.

That's... usually bad news when it comes to stores.

I'd look for a new place to shop.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4974 on: December 07, 2014, 01:59:50 am »
I'm in Game XChange. They cleaned house on their staff.

That's... usually bad news when it comes to stores.

I'd look for a new place to shop.

It's also December. It could just be the new seasonal help.

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4975 on: December 07, 2014, 02:04:38 am »
Plants Vs Zombies Garden Warfare is free for PS4 tonight

1049-2600-8730

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4976 on: December 07, 2014, 02:51:47 am »
I just spent 40 minutes trying to get my disc-tray back open on my XBox 360 >:(

I finally did get it open, but after taking off the faceplate, and trying to force it out with my fingers while pressing the eject command, risking possibly breaking my 360 while doing it.

It was a stressful 40 minutes. But I got it open finally, and all seems to be well with it again after a few tests (knock on wood.)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4977 on: December 07, 2014, 08:11:10 am »
HELP MEEeee!

Alrighty folks - I know that some of you know some Japanese; so help a brutha out here:

fuck!

i'm on my ps3 & can't link to it

it = G*FAQs

- Tears to Tiara 2 board

- "couple of questions" thread/topic

- post # 17

has a link to JP Wiki

I need THE HIGHEST LEVEL of enemy on stages (20-45) translated - that's all i need - level #'s

any takers?

kashell

« Reply #4978 on: December 07, 2014, 10:44:51 am »
HELP MEEeee!

Alrighty folks - I know that some of you know some Japanese; so help a brutha out here:

fuck!

i'm on my ps3 & can't link to it

it = G*FAQs

- Tears to Tiara 2 board

- "couple of questions" thread/topic

- post # 17

has a link to JP Wiki

I need THE HIGHEST LEVEL of enemy on stages (20-45) translated - that's all i need - level #'s

any takers?

I'll take a look. ^_^

EDIT: So, you are looking for level numbers of certain enemies? Is that right?
« Last Edit: December 07, 2014, 10:48:12 am by kashell »

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4979 on: December 07, 2014, 11:32:39 am »
KASH -

What I'm actually looking for is only one number per stage...I'm only interested in the level, of the HIGHEST LEVELED enemy (almost always a/the Boss) on each stage.

So it makes sense (and, for when you play it) - it's pertaining to the "Get an average of *S* Rank" (the best rank) "on your post-game status screen".

One of the criteria (in this case, the *bad* kind - that detracts from your ranking score) is called "Over-leveled characters".

This amounts to losing points (that you can't afford to lose, and still attain an S rank), for any over-leveled characters; "over-leveled" = anyone w/ a higher level than that of the highest leveled enemy.

There's two reasons that make if impossible to know how high you can level ____  to:

- You never know who you might be forced to use in battle, and

- it's a mess because you can have, say, a Lv. 40 enemy on one stage -but- find out that, 5 stages later...there's no enemies above Lv. 35 >:(

Lastly, since my 1st playthrough was 'PG' (pre-guides:) - now, on my 2nd playthrough, I'm (stupidly and, to be sure, most un-advisably!); trying to get these churlish & extremely unseemly S ranks + bonuses while, at the same time, playing on the highest difficulty level (to snag the "beat game on medium" & the "beat game on hard"; yes - they're stackable (ie. beating the game on hard will automatically pop & unlock the beating the game on medium & easy trophies ); AND, to have a fighting chance of doing so, whilst playing it on hard, you pretty much need to be no more than one level lower than the highest-leveled enemy - preferably - the same level as it...but, iif you're the same level...DO NOT allow those characters to level up during the fight :o

tl;dr = I'm complaining :P