Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1654012 times)

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #4980 on: December 07, 2014, 12:39:45 pm »
Stupid PvZ Garden Warfare, that shit took forever to download last night, and it got stuck in the tutorial mode and said "install progress" but the % was barley moving.... So i looked it up and seems to be a common problem, so now i gotta redownload the stupid game agaun.... ugh.... 
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

karyann

« Reply #4981 on: December 07, 2014, 06:51:39 pm »
Stupid PvZ Garden Warfare, that shit took forever to download last night, and it got stuck in the tutorial mode and said "install progress" but the % was barley moving.... So i looked it up and seems to be a common problem, so now i gotta redownload the stupid game agaun.... ugh....

That's good to know beforehand, especially since it's a 13Gb download... I guess when I have a PS4 I'll bring it to my in-laws' to download the game off of their unlimited internet, haha.  :P

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4982 on: December 07, 2014, 10:52:30 pm »

That's good to know beforehand, especially since it's a 13Gb download... I guess when I have a PS4 I'll bring it to my in-laws' to download the game off of their unlimited internet, haha.  :P

ok i redownloaded the stupid thing, took forever.... and its been like 3 hours and its only at 66% installed... .wtf!?
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

argyle

« Reply #4983 on: December 08, 2014, 09:00:29 am »
Unless I change my mind way -WAY- down the road, I have officially collected all of the Sega Saturn titles I have ever wanted. My copy of Shining Wisdom arrived today and I'm super excited about it. While I'm neck deep in Suikoden II now (things keep getting better and better...also I wish Nanami was a real person so we could hang out) and I plan on playing Atelier E&L after, I am really excited to give the game a whirl when I need an action/RPG.

BTW, not sure if you're interested or not but there are some very precise things you have to do to get the best ending in S2. One criteria is getting all 108 Stars of Destiny, and several of those have to be recruited at a specific time or else you miss them. And then there's something even more vague you have to do towards the end - hard to go into specifics without spoilers. If you're interested tho I can try to give you the bare minimum knowledge you'd need to do it.
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4984 on: December 08, 2014, 09:59:51 am »
Unless I change my mind way -WAY- down the road, I have officially collected all of the Sega Saturn titles I have ever wanted. My copy of Shining Wisdom arrived today and I'm super excited about it. While I'm neck deep in Suikoden II now (things keep getting better and better...also I wish Nanami was a real person so we could hang out) and I plan on playing Atelier E&L after, I am really excited to give the game a whirl when I need an action/RPG.

BTW, not sure if you're interested or not but there are some very precise things you have to do to get the best ending in S2. One criteria is getting all 108 Stars of Destiny, and several of those have to be recruited at a specific time or else you miss them. And then there's something even more vague you have to do towards the end - hard to go into specifics without spoilers. If you're interested tho I can try to give you the bare minimum knowledge you'd need to do it.

wasn't there some kind of carry-over from S1, if you still had the save file for it, or something?
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

argyle

« Reply #4985 on: December 08, 2014, 10:21:15 am »

wasn't there some kind of carry-over from S1, if you still had the save file for it, or something?

There was - I think there was a bonus character (or maybe two) that you could get from the first game - but they didn't count towards the 108.  I never finished the first one honestly, I played #2 first and the original is VERY rough by comparison.
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the

bobster

« Reply #4986 on: December 08, 2014, 10:26:12 am »

There was - I think there was a bonus character (or maybe two) that you could get from the first game - but they didn't count towards the 108.  I never finished the first one honestly, I played #2 first and the original is VERY rough by comparison.
Well without spoiling too much, you can meet up with the hero from the first one (along with Gremio if you brought him back in #1). He's a playable character who even has a dual attack with the hero from #2. There's even some sidequest stuff where you go back to the city you start out in #1. It was actually pretty in-depth.

I'm surprised to hear you never finished the 1st one! I think it's a great game, but I did play it before 2 so I can understand how rough it would feel.
Currently Playing: The Witcher

kashell

« Reply #4987 on: December 08, 2014, 11:07:14 am »
Yeah, going from S2 to S1 would be a tricky transition.

I knew that Gremio and McDohl joined your party if you had transfer data, but I'm not sure about other bonuses. Since I kind of want to do everything and since Suikoden is known for having missable stuff, I'm just keeping a guide handy as I go through the game. The hero just got named "leader" of the castle. I decided to name it Legendia. Our faction is named Xillia. A little bit of Tales in the Suikoden world never hurt anyone. ^^

argyle

« Reply #4988 on: December 08, 2014, 11:12:56 am »
Yeah, going from S2 to S1 would be a tricky transition.

I knew that Gremio and McDohl joined your party if you had transfer data, but I'm not sure about other bonuses. Since I kind of want to do everything and since Suikoden is known for having missable stuff, I'm just keeping a guide handy as I go through the game. The hero just got named "leader" of the castle. I decided to name it Legendia. Our faction is named Xillia. A little bit of Tales in the Suikoden world never hurt anyone. ^^

:P

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4989 on: December 08, 2014, 01:33:12 pm »
So, as a lover of RPG's, as a gamer with a backlog that...let's be just be realistic here, folks - is too big to be thoroughly completed in any *entire* lifetime - much less, however many years or decades may be left in MY lifetime; considering that my favorite genre (which, ironically & luckily:) is one of the few genres that I'm physically capable of playing is, by its very nature, some of the biggest time-sinks in gaming...plus, add  to that the fact that I'm a voracious reader...and, I've made a somewhat bittersweet decision.

I've decided that (as a person who's never been bothered much by spoilers because, I seem to be able to hear them and...ignore, erase, or block them out when I actually play the game), I'm going to start reading through some of my many strategy guides - *especially* in the cases of games that I'm already a fan of and/or have already played other games in a series + games that have received a lot of love, over the years, for having outstanding stories.

So, I'm intentionally reading through those guides marked with a "contains massive spoilers" warning to get to read/know these stories that I've been missing out on.

I'm about 20 pages into the guide for Persona 2: Eternal Punishment (PS1) now.

Some others that I have in mind are Tactics: Ogre, Vandal Hearts 1 & 2, Ogre Battle: March of the Black Queen, Saiyuki: Journey West, Valkyrie Profile 1 & 2, FF Tactics, Heavy Rain, The Last of Us: Remastered, and possibly Skyrim, LA Noire & Dragon Age 1, 2, & 3.

Thoughts?

Do/would any of you do this?

Any more suggestions for games w/ the best & greatest stories?

What I wanna know is...

...who's gonna snag that much coveted 5,000th post :o

kashell

« Reply #4990 on: December 08, 2014, 01:44:50 pm »
I'll take it. ^^ (...maybe)

EDIT: I never answered your question. Did you find one for the first Baten Kaitos? That's a damn good one. Also, I recommend looking into one for Tales of Hearts.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4991 on: December 08, 2014, 03:41:40 pm »
I'll take it. ^^ (...maybe)

EDIT: I never answered your question. Did you find one for the first Baten Kaitos? That's a damn good one. Also, I recommend looking into one for Tales of Hearts.

I'm pretty sure that I've got the BK strategy guides.

Tales of Hearts, though - I didn't even know it *had* a strategy guide.

Do you know if all of the (NA) Tales games were released with accompanying guides?

If so/no, could you list which ones do & don't have guides?

Also, speaking of Tales related reading material, how did you like the "Successors of Hope" book; what is that story - a prequel or sequel to one of the Tales games?

kashell

« Reply #4992 on: December 08, 2014, 03:46:10 pm »
Off the top of my head, these are the games that have guides in the series:

Tales of Eternia (Destiny II here in the states)
Tales of Symphonia
Tales of Legendia
Tales of the Abyss
Tales of Xillia 2

Hearts doesn't have one, but I'm sure someone will make on something like GameFAQs at some point.

Successor of Hope...where to begin with this one. Well, it was dry. Very dry. I got to the third chapter before I thought to myself, "This...is really boring. Why am I reading this." So, I wasn't a fan. I'm not sure if it was a sequel or a prequel, but either way, I didn't like it at all.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4993 on: December 08, 2014, 03:53:44 pm »
How goes the

"Conversion of the Creek",

recruiter Kash? ;)

kashell

« Reply #4994 on: December 08, 2014, 04:01:09 pm »
I wish I had better news, but I haven't heard from him lately. I've barely been on GameFAQs.com myself unless it's for something Suikoden II related.