Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1532301 times)

maximo310

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #5745 on: January 27, 2015, 05:47:18 pm »
The weather in Utah has been unseasonably warm this winter. Usually about this time of year I'm up to my ass in snow. We had our first real snow on Christmas day, and it hung around for a week until it melted. There's still some snow up in the mountains, but I hear that the ski resorts are worried. The Sundance Film Festival is going on right now about 20 mins away and there is little snow for all the celebrities to ski on.  Suits me just fine, it makes my job easier.

Same here. The rest of the country is in a blizzard, while here in Northern California they're worried we're gonna have drought in the summer because we've been having 70-degree days in January, when normally we're in the 30s-50s and raining.
Same thing in SoCal as well. There's been a lot of 70+ degree days in the last month, along with a few 80's last weekend. We were supposed to get a bunch of rain, but we have barely gotten any at all recently. This whole state is in the worst drought right now in about 500 years, and it really doesn't show any signs of letting up soon, which is especially bad considering how many people need water for basic needs.

desocietas

« Reply #5746 on: January 27, 2015, 07:41:44 pm »
I'm in Northern California, too, and when are we ever *not* worried about the drought?  It's been a drought for most of my life, it feels like... thankfully we haven't gotten to the point of needing water rations, but it's pretty rough to see the bodies of water as low as they are.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

desocietas

« Reply #5747 on: January 27, 2015, 07:43:48 pm »

That would be Mad Maestro for the PlayStation 2. I used to own it years ago, and now I'm happy to have a (complete) copy of it once again.

Oh man, I might have to pick this one up.  I'm a sucker for Gitaroo Man and other strange rhythm games from that era.  They were always kooky and kinda difficult but still a lot of fun.  Gotta figure out what to use my eBay bucks on before they disappear...
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5748 on: January 27, 2015, 08:05:41 pm »

That would be Mad Maestro for the PlayStation 2. I used to own it years ago, and now I'm happy to have a (complete) copy of it once again.

Oh man, I might have to pick this one up.  I'm a sucker for Gitaroo Man and other strange rhythm games from that era.  They were always kooky and kinda difficult but still a lot of fun.  Gotta figure out what to use my eBay bucks on before they disappear...

I just saw this at my local Goodwill the other day, complete. If you want it, I can pick it up for you if you want to PayPal me the cost. They sell for $3.99 and I imagine around $3 for shipping. I can check tonight even, if I get a reply before I pick up dinner.

Let me know, and if you do, don't pay me until I get back. Someone else might have snatched it up.

desocietas

« Reply #5749 on: January 27, 2015, 08:07:57 pm »

I just saw this at my local Goodwill the other day, complete. If you want it, I can pick it up for you if you want to PayPal me the cost. They sell for $3.99 and I imagine around $3 for shipping. I can check tonight even, if I get a reply before I pick up dinner.

Let me know, and if you do, don't pay me until I get back. Someone else might have snatched it up.

Man, $4 is great but the shipping kills it, I'm afraid.  There are some for under $5 with free shipping on eBay, so I'm not too worried about getting it immediately.  Thanks for the offer, though!
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5750 on: January 27, 2015, 08:09:13 pm »
Alright, thought I'd offer.  :)

kashell

« Reply #5751 on: January 27, 2015, 08:39:59 pm »

Get it so I have someone else to talk about it with! It's a clever little title!

abe

« Reply #5752 on: January 27, 2015, 08:53:22 pm »
Well then, that storm didn't amount to much. Just a few centimetres of snow and a wee bit of rain. Hardly seemed worth all the commotion. A few places outside the city I live in lost power, but nothing crazy. Everything will go back to normal tomorrow like nothing even happened. Can't complain about having a nice day off though. :)
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

desocietas

« Reply #5753 on: January 27, 2015, 09:36:11 pm »

Get it so I have someone else to talk about it with! It's a clever little title!

lol I'll let you know when I get it in ;)
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

Warmsignal

« Reply #5754 on: January 28, 2015, 01:08:43 am »
So SICK of receiving crushed games in the mail!  >:(

MJMaranan

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5755 on: January 28, 2015, 01:11:20 am »
  ???

What games were crushed?

Please check out the games I have for sale.

Warmsignal

« Reply #5756 on: January 28, 2015, 01:18:58 am »
  ???

What games were crushed?

Take your pick. Everything from my Magic Knight Rayearth, to Halley Wars, to Swagman. Any kind of game I order, busted up when I get it. I can't count on not ONE PS1 game case not being completely curb stomped and shattered.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5757 on: January 28, 2015, 01:40:55 am »
  ???

What games were crushed?

Take your pick. Everything from my Magic Knight Rayearth, to Halley Wars, to Swagman. Any kind of game I order, busted up when I get it. I can't count on not ONE PS1 game case not being completely curb stomped and shattered.

Oh man, I totally understand. I've wanted to smack my mailman for stupid crap before. And complaining to the post office does nothing.

Warmsignal

« Reply #5758 on: January 28, 2015, 01:52:11 am »
  ???

What games were crushed?

Oh man, I totally understand. I've wanted to smack my mailman for stupid crap before. And complaining to the post office does nothing.

Then maybe I should complain directly to him if I catch him stopping by again. If it comes to that it's not going to be a nice conversation, either. It'll quickly escalate into a conversation about soldering irons and faces if he denies negligence on his part. If it doesn't stop I'm going to start calling every damn day to the post office and recommending his termination. This guy has been destroying my stuff for sooo long and it's done this time. No more putting up.

koemo1

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5759 on: January 28, 2015, 02:34:32 am »
Is the masterchief collection really a bad game ?
Currently playing:
Rogue Trooper [xbox]
Days Gone [ps4]