Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1661220 times)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #6030 on: February 17, 2015, 12:20:25 pm »
I was really wanting New Super Luigi U for my Wii U. And then I read some reviews and learned that every single level is only 100 seconds...really? Why would I want to pay $50-$60 for a game that rushes me through every level? I like to explore and play a little, especially in a Mario game. Who in the world thought this was a good idea? They should have at least made it optional, rather than forced.

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6031 on: February 17, 2015, 12:55:30 pm »
I was really wanting New Super Luigi U for my Wii U. And then I read some reviews and learned that every single level is only 100 seconds...really? Why would I want to pay $50-$60 for a game that rushes me through every level? I like to explore and play a little, especially in a Mario game. Who in the world thought this was a good idea? They should have at least made it optional, rather than forced.

It was $30 on release and available as DLC for New Super Mario bros U for $20 what it is is that it's a challenge mode for New Super Mario u with the levels completely redesigned to take advantage of Luigi's higher jumps. If your going to get it get the version with both games.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6032 on: February 17, 2015, 12:59:35 pm »

It was $30 on release and available as DLC for New Super Mario bros U for $20 what it is is that it's a challenge mode for New Super Mario u with the levels completely redesigned to take advantage of Luigi's higher jumps. If your going to get it get the version with both games.

How much didya' get?
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6033 on: February 17, 2015, 01:07:26 pm »

Really? I didnt know that...... damn
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

bobster

« Reply #6034 on: February 17, 2015, 01:21:07 pm »
As someone else said, it's much cheaper than a full fledged game.

I've played both games, and I must say, I enjoyed the Luigi version better. The 100 seconds made for some well made levels and was a much better pace I felt. But that's just mine and my girlfriend's opinion. Still, consider that it's Nintendo. You'll more than likely find some enjoyment from it.
Currently Playing: The Witcher

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6035 on: February 17, 2015, 01:54:11 pm »
$50-$60 may have been a bit much, now that you mention it. But $40 seems to be the lowest price on eBay. And that's still too much for 100 second levels, IMO.

bobster

« Reply #6036 on: February 17, 2015, 01:57:08 pm »
$50-$60 may have been a bit much, now that you mention it. But $40 seems to be the lowest price on eBay. And that's still too much for 100 second levels, IMO.
It's new for $30 at Gamestop if a store around you has it. I know there's tons around me.
Currently Playing: The Witcher

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6037 on: February 17, 2015, 04:34:42 pm »
Question: Aren't Wii U's supposed to be able to play all Wii games? Or is there a compatibility list somewhere like the Xbox 360?

I'm asking because I tried to play Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles on my Wii U, and it kept telling me "Invalid Disc". But it plays on my regular Wii with no issues at all. And other Wii games seem to play fine on my Wii U.

Anyone else have this issue with this game, or other Wii games on the Wii U?
« Last Edit: February 17, 2015, 04:37:33 pm by burningdoom »

kashell

« Reply #6038 on: February 17, 2015, 04:39:02 pm »
That's really interesting about the FFIII feature. However, I'm even more glad that I imported the PSP version now. It sounds like it has the same content and doesn't rely on gimmicks.

argyle

« Reply #6039 on: February 17, 2015, 04:46:12 pm »
Question: Aren't Wii U's supposed to be able to play all Wii games? Or is there a compatibility list somewhere like the Xbox 360?

I'm asking because I tried to play Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles on my Wii U, and it kept telling me "Invalid Disc". But it plays on my regular Wii with no issues at all. And other Wii games seem to play fine on my Wii U.

I don't have that specific game, but I haven't run into any trouble with any of the ones I do have. My understanding was that it's not emulating the Wii, the actual chips that makeup the Wii are in the Wii U. 
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6040 on: February 17, 2015, 04:48:09 pm »

Do other Wii games work on your Wii U? Every Wii disc is supposed to work on the Wii U AFAIK

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6041 on: February 17, 2015, 04:51:10 pm »
^

Do other Wii games work on your Wii U? Every Wii disc is supposed to work on the Wii U AFAIK

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6042 on: February 17, 2015, 05:27:35 pm »
Just tried out my copy of Umbrella Chronicles on the Wii U and it seems to play just fine.

argyle

« Reply #6043 on: February 17, 2015, 06:24:48 pm »
Hrm, my best guess would be maybe a smudged or scratched disk? The Wii U's laser may be more sensitive to that sort of thing than the Wii is.
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6044 on: February 17, 2015, 07:22:38 pm »
Just applied for a job in AZ. Wish me luck
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730