Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1661395 times)

tpugmire

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #6060 on: February 18, 2015, 09:53:26 am »
I just found out about the mod that allows the N64 rumble pack to function without batteries. I tried it and it works good. I think the feedback is actually stronger than stock. Why did Nintendo opt for AAA batteries in the first place?
It probably had to do with they couldn't use rechargeable batteries without them being expensive, and they probably thought it was fine to have batteries to help the battery companies. I dunno too much about this.

That's the thing, this mod requires no batteries. It pulls electricity directly from port of the bottom of the controller to power the motor. All you have to do is move one resistor to a different location.

Wait, what?!  I've never heard of such a thing.  Got a link?
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6061 on: February 18, 2015, 12:16:26 pm »
Sold a game on eBay. It's been only 9 days, and we had a holiday weekend, and the buyer is placing a dispute on me for the item not arriving. And without ever trying to even contact me first.

Freaking impatient people. I hope eBay doesn't give them an automatic refund. I'm sure the mail is just a little slow due to the holiday weekend and weather.

kashell

« Reply #6062 on: February 18, 2015, 12:26:49 pm »
Good luck on the job!

I'm home from work for the third day in a row! Monday was President's Day. Yesterday the entire city was shut down. Today, I went for a test drive and after slipping, sliding and spinning I decided that it may not be worth it to venture downtown. My manager and nearly everyone else in my department is staying home today, too.
Nice! Here's hoping you don't have to work from home. Make sure to play lots of video games for those of us stuck at work  :P. Aren't you in the south somewhere though?

Like dark said, when it snows in the south, folks begin to panic. Here in Nashville they're not experienced with driving in the white and fluffy stuff. Since temperatures aren't getting above freezing, the melted snow freezes into ice and creates awful driving conditions.

So, I've been catching up on gaming! I'd actually like to work from home but there isn't much I can do from this computer. XD

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6063 on: February 18, 2015, 12:36:17 pm »
Good luck on the job!

I'm home from work for the third day in a row! Monday was President's Day. Yesterday the entire city was shut down. Today, I went for a test drive and after slipping, sliding and spinning I decided that it may not be worth it to venture downtown. My manager and nearly everyone else in my department is staying home today, too.
Nice! Here's hoping you don't have to work from home. Make sure to play lots of video games for those of us stuck at work  :P. Aren't you in the south somewhere though?

Like dark said, when it snows in the south, folks begin to panic. Here in Nashville they're not experienced with driving in the white and fluffy stuff. Since temperatures aren't getting above freezing, the melted snow freezes into ice and creates awful driving conditions.

So, I've been catching up on gaming! I'd actually like to work from home but there isn't much I can do from this computer. XD

What games ya catching up on?
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6064 on: February 18, 2015, 12:58:30 pm »
heh!

the amount of snow that closes down cities in TN, is - to folks like bob, redblaze, tom, and myself -

"getting off easy" from a *real* snowstorm...not even schools would close! :P

it's all good though - when I lived in W. Palm Beach, FL, I remember the "old-timers" reminiscing about the great 'blizzard' that shut down their airports & everything else 20 years ago...less than 1/2" of snow :o

me?

i prefer my white stuff on my mirrors over that on the ground ;)

Quick anime/game question:

what's the (condensed version) of what the anime called Bleach is about & how is it and how are the Bleach video games?

In a nutshell it's one of those where the main protagonist keeps getting stronger only to have a stronger enemy come and then he has to get stronger in order to beat the stronger enemy.  Combine that with spirits and add a handful of Deus ex Machina. The games are alright mostly fighters, one's a meh turn based strategy game, and I believe there is one n the PS3 that plays like dynasty warriors

bobster

« Reply #6065 on: February 18, 2015, 01:06:49 pm »
Good luck on the job!

Yeah situations are different for sure.. You don't have all the snow equipment we do such as salters and ash spreaders. Not much you can do about ice most times though!
Currently Playing: The Witcher

Warmsignal

« Reply #6066 on: February 18, 2015, 02:44:44 pm »
Sold a game on eBay. It's been only 9 days, and we had a holiday weekend, and the buyer is placing a dispute on me for the item not arriving. And without ever trying to even contact me first.

Freaking impatient people. I hope eBay doesn't give them an automatic refund. I'm sure the mail is just a little slow due to the holiday weekend and weather.

Pretty sure mail didn't even run yesterday here on the east coast. So much for rain, sleet, or snow. But that is some pretty abysmal service from the USPS. If it's within the US, in 9 business days there's really no good excuse. Especially if you bought first class.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2015, 02:47:55 pm by Warmsignal »

mrnikon

« Reply #6067 on: February 18, 2015, 02:50:25 pm »
Good luck on the job!

Yeah situations are different for sure.. You don't have all the snow equipment we do such as salters and ash spreaders. Not much you can do about ice most times though!

Chicago knows how to plow/salt the main streets(the side streets can be a different story that's where clout comes in handy). Such as in Super Bowl Sunday when we got 19 inches they had about 350 plows out.  then one the snow stopped the pulled out another 200 trucks(bulldozers and front end loaders....) to help clear the side streets. ANd this being an election year for mayor, the streets will get cleared! Look at what happed in 79 for Bilandic vs Byrne. Bilandic was vacation in Miami during the blizzard of 79, and said the streets were clear. But Byrne she was standing in an un-plowed street a week or so after the snow stopped in a commercial. So The old Daley Democratic machine backed Michael Bilandic lost out to the new never ran for anything Jane Byrne.

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6068 on: February 18, 2015, 03:17:07 pm »
I just found out about the mod that allows the N64 rumble pack to function without batteries. I tried it and it works good. I think the feedback is actually stronger than stock. Why did Nintendo opt for AAA batteries in the first place?
It probably had to do with they couldn't use rechargeable batteries without them being expensive, and they probably thought it was fine to have batteries to help the battery companies. I dunno too much about this.

That's the thing, this mod requires no batteries. It pulls electricity directly from port of the bottom of the controller to power the motor. All you have to do is move one resistor to a different location.

2nding this. Need this link. Does it mean the rumble pak needs to be hard wired? Can I still use other things like memory cards and controller paks?
« Last Edit: February 18, 2015, 04:20:01 pm by tafk »

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6069 on: February 18, 2015, 03:58:35 pm »
Dear GTA 5

Where Da Heist.

Love
FP
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6070 on: February 18, 2015, 07:28:47 pm »

Pretty sure mail didn't even run yesterday here on the east coast. So much for rain, sleet, or snow. But that is some pretty abysmal service from the USPS. If it's within the US, in 9 business days there's really no good excuse. Especially if you bought first class.

It's actually 6 business days, since it went through 2 Sundays and President's Day.

I've had things take 2-3 weeks to arrive, plenty of times, though. I think even if it was 9 days, that's too soon to start a dispute case, ESPECIALLY since the guy never bothered to message me first.

« Reply #6071 on: February 18, 2015, 08:04:05 pm »
2nding this. Need this link. Does it mean the rumble pak needs to be hard wired? Can I still use other things like memory cards and controller paks?

No hard-wiring. You can attach and detach the accessory like you normally would. Maybe I'll make my own video. There's only one other about it that I can find and it's... okay.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEn6LT4DUNA
http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=22&threadid=43419

karyann

« Reply #6072 on: February 18, 2015, 08:19:04 pm »
In a nutshell it's one of those where the main protagonist keeps getting stronger only to have a stronger enemy come and then he has to get stronger in order to beat the stronger enemy.

Best description I've read of Bleach haha. I never know how to explain it to others, I think I'm going to use that now.

desocietas

« Reply #6073 on: February 18, 2015, 08:37:18 pm »

My bf's bday was last Tuesday (on the 10th), and his family sent him a few cards the week prior to his bday.  3 of them arrived on the 14th and the last one arrived yesterday (the 18th) -__-  The first three were from Colorado, and I think the last one was from Louisiana (We're in California).  Kinda crazy that it took that long.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6074 on: February 18, 2015, 08:38:14 pm »
Drinking rum and playing Super Smash Bros on N64.

What are you drinking tonight :D
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730