Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1663386 times)

abe

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #6375 on: March 10, 2015, 02:29:58 pm »
Magic Knight Rayearth is wonderful. But, is it worth the price of admission? Hmm...

@dark: Instead of me typing up some thoughts on it, are you able to link to the review I wrote? I can't access it on this computer. >_<

I'm obviously not who you requested this from but, since he seems to be busy ranting :P, is this the right one?

http://www.gamefaqs.com/saturn/197837-magic-knight-rayearth/reviews/review-149918

*Edit: I just realized that you requested the link for it because you couldn't get to it on your computer right now, which means you can't check to make sure it's the right one either. :-[ :P
« Last Edit: March 10, 2015, 02:33:17 pm by abe »
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6376 on: March 10, 2015, 02:34:19 pm »
Magic Knight Rayearth is wonderful. But, is it worth the price of admission? Hmm...

@dark: Instead of me typing up some thoughts on it, are you able to link to the review I wrote? I can't access it on this computer. >_<

I'm obviously not even close to the stature and greatness that the person that you requested this from radiates:P but, since he seems to be busy ranting :P, is this the right one?

http://www.gamefaqs.com/saturn/197837-magic-knight-rayearth/reviews/review-149918

*Edit: I just realized that you requested the link for it because you couldn't get to it on your computer right now, which means you can't check to make sure it's the right one either. :-[ :P

/rant

yeah, that's the right one, Tom  8)
« Last Edit: March 10, 2015, 02:37:11 pm by disgaeniac »
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

kashell

« Reply #6377 on: March 10, 2015, 02:35:56 pm »
Thanks guys! That's (likely) the one. <3

argyle

« Reply #6378 on: March 10, 2015, 02:51:44 pm »
sure - had I kept up with its progress better & done more reading & research on it - I wouldn't have had the pleasant surprise of finding out that Hyperdevotion Noire has a double-sided insert (2 different cover arts to choose from:)  ;D

Indeed - I find myself liking the non-default art work quite a bit more!

*BUT*

do y'all know what *Really* 'Grinds My Gears'?

The fact that "professional" :-\ game artists, devs, publishers, etc

are so fucking stupid unprofessional

that they don't seem to realize how simple, beneficial, practical, and more use-able these (admittedly nice, little extras) would be if...

The god-damned

game's

*TITLE*    >:( >:( >:(

You mean there's no title on the spine? That's a deal-breaker for me as far as using the alternate artwork goes. I never have understood that either. :(
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

« Reply #6379 on: March 10, 2015, 02:55:20 pm »
sure - had I kept up with its progress better & done more reading & research on it - I wouldn't have had the pleasant surprise of finding out that Hyperdevotion Noire has a double-sided insert (2 different cover arts to choose from:)  ;D

Indeed - I find myself liking the non-default art work quite a bit more!

*BUT*

do y'all know what *Really* 'Grinds My Gears'?

The fact that "professional" :-\ game artists, devs, publishers, etc

are so fucking stupid unprofessional

that they don't seem to realize how simple, beneficial, practical, and more use-able these (admittedly nice, little extras) would be if...

The god-damned

game's

*TITLE*    >:( >:( >:(

You mean there's no title on the spine? That's a deal-breaker for me as far as using the alternate artwork goes. I never have understood that either. :(

This is actually why I have recently become obsessed with completing a Working Designs collection.  I am starting on PS2, and only need Growlanser to complete that collection and then start with PS1.  It is the detail and extras with the cover and instruction booklet that make the difference when collecting. imo.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6380 on: March 10, 2015, 03:32:18 pm »

You mean there's no title on the spine?

Yes, exactly  >:(

This is actually why I have recently become obsessed with completing a Working Designs collection.  I am starting on PS2, and only need Growlanser to complete that collection and then start with PS1.  It is the detail and extras with the cover and instruction booklet that make the difference when collecting. imo.

I couldn't agree more.

Which PS2 Growlanser are you looking for?

« Reply #6381 on: March 10, 2015, 03:37:51 pm »

Growlanser Generations, which was the last ever working designs release in NA.  Once I get that I'm going to work my way backwards to the more expensive stuff, like Lunar and other titles.

bobster

« Reply #6382 on: March 10, 2015, 03:39:55 pm »

I'm obviously not who you requested this from but, since he seems to be busy ranting :P, is this the right one?

Kash just can't get on GameFAQs while at work. He's still on here no problem :D
Currently Playing: The Witcher

kashell

« Reply #6383 on: March 10, 2015, 03:42:04 pm »
I think it's because GameFAQs.com has the word "game" in the URL. Unfortunately, I also can't access websites like Siliconera, PSN Trophies.

Of course, I can access Facebook and YouTube. Heaven forbid I try to check out news regarding the video game world but, hey look! I can look at status updates and watch inappropriate videos!

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6384 on: March 10, 2015, 03:54:22 pm »

that's because - even Kashs' employer - recognizes the importance, necessity, supremacy, superiority, and the sublime bliss and the inherent & unequalled awesomeness;

that is VGC  ;D

(excepting, of course, that one bad apple (*trying)* to spoil the bunch:) that goes by the name of

soera -

the one who is completely antithetical to all of the good & the light that is VGC  :P :-[ :-X :-\ :'( :-X :-[ :-[ :P :-[ :-[ :-\ :-[ :-[ :'(

Bleh; I ended up continuously getting sidetracked (and...as our abe-the-astute) called me (righteously:) out on: ranting  :-X and not getting *anywhere* in HDN Noire  :-[

abe

« Reply #6385 on: March 10, 2015, 04:58:04 pm »

What I was trying to say was that he can't follow the link I posted to check to see if it was the right review. If he couldn't get on VGCollect at work, he couldn't have posted here asking somebody to post the link. :P

argyle

« Reply #6386 on: March 10, 2015, 05:08:31 pm »
Kash (or anyone else that has played it) - I feel like I'm getting really close to the end of Sorcery Saga. I just started the chapter 4 (of 5 total as I understand it). Does that mean 2 more dungeons?
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6387 on: March 10, 2015, 05:36:03 pm »
Anyone know anything about:

The Dragon Book (1 and 2) games,

a game called Rogue Legacy,

several "Penny Arcade" RPG's

and/or one called Monster Monpiece?

They're all games that I've never heard of, and noticed while browsing the PSN Store.

Also, iirc, a few of you other fine folks here also got the 'gibberish' aka htol#NIQ Firefly Diary game or LE.

I picked up a (sealed) LE of it for $10; both because dat' price was both irresistible & attractive --and-- tbh, mainly as an investment  (FWIW, which isn't much, I'm thinking that it has a very good chance of becoming one of the rare & expensive PS3 sealed LE's in the next generation, or two; and, it's not likely that I'll be *losing* any money on it) and/or trade material. 

Another sign of this is that - just like the CoH2G game - absolutely *NONE* of the GS' even have an SKU # for either game = even if one was daft enough to walk into a GS store, with the intention of selling either game back for GS prices...unless an employee knew what they were & 'bought it back' (for themselves, of course - certainly *not* for the store); they wouldn't even be able or allowed to buy a copy of either game ::)

Just out of curiosity - what's it like & about?

abe

« Reply #6388 on: March 10, 2015, 05:55:06 pm »
Anyone know anything about:

The Dragon Book (1 and 2) games,

a game called Rogue Legacy,

several "Penny Arcade" RPG's

and/or one called Monster Monpiece?

They're all games that I've never heard of, and noticed while browsing the PSN Store.

Also, iirc, a few of you other fine folks here also got the 'gibberish' aka htol#NIQ Firefly Diary game or LE.

I picked up a (sealed) LE of it for $10; both because dat' price was both irresistible & attractive --and-- tbh, mainly as an investment  (FWIW, which isn't much, I'm thinking that it has a very good chance of becoming one of the rare & expensive PS3 sealed LE's in the next generation, or two; and, it's not likely that I'll be *losing* any money on it) and/or trade material. 

Another sign of this is that - just like the CoH2G game - absolutely *NONE* of the GS' even have an SKU # for either game = even if one was daft enough to walk into a GS store, with the intention of selling either game back for GS prices...unless an employee knew what they were & 'bought it back' (for themselves, of course - certainly *not* for the store); they wouldn't even be able or allowed to buy a copy of either game ::)

Just out of curiosity - what's it like & about?

Monster Monpiece is a card-based RPG with a lot of... fanservice. The cards represent mythical creatures, etc. as cute girls. There's also a game mechanic called the "extreme rub" system, which involves holding your PS Vita horizontally and stroking it up and down. :P It's the first in a series from Idea Factory, the second being Moero Chronicle (which may possible see a localization as well). In North America, it was a digital only release.

HtoL#NiQ: The Firefly Diary, also called Hotaru no Nikki in Japan (it's a lot easier to remember that way), is a horror/platformer/puzzle sorta game. I would image it doesn't have a SKU at GameStop because both the standard and limited editions are exclusive to NIS America's online store. I haven't opened my copy yet, so I don't know a whole lot else about it.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6389 on: March 10, 2015, 06:08:56 pm »
Thanks abe!