Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1665155 times)

bobster

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #6975 on: April 27, 2015, 05:36:33 pm »
Konami voluntarily delisted themselves from the New York Stock Exchange. They're up to something. I doubt they plan to keep their gaming division alive for much longer.
Oh geez that doesn't bode well at all.
Currently Playing: The Witcher

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6976 on: April 27, 2015, 08:37:30 pm »
I wish I had known it was traded. If like to have bought 1 share just to get it printed out and framed.

tpugmire

« Reply #6977 on: April 27, 2015, 10:16:02 pm »
Guess who just figured out how to burn CD-i games?  Too bad there isn't much worth playing, but a small victory for me nonetheless.
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6978 on: April 27, 2015, 11:41:20 pm »
I wish I had known it was traded. If like to have bought 1 share just to get it printed out and framed.

You can still buy them on other exchanges, they just didn't want to pay the fees to be listed on NYSE due to less than 5% of their trading happening through that market.

davifus

« Reply #6979 on: April 28, 2015, 02:12:01 am »
Did anybody get an extra Mewtwo code for 3DS?

I have one.

A spare? I want to ask the forum for any extra before I go buy it from the Eshop.
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6980 on: April 28, 2015, 03:13:55 am »
Either my N64 is broken or i am an idiot and cant find the right channel for it on my 2nd tv....
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

kashell

« Reply #6981 on: April 28, 2015, 08:35:04 am »
Yeah, there seem to be a ton of listings for cart only. I think I saw a complete copy on Ebay ( box+ manual+ other inserts+cart) for $9 on the third page of listings; that's the cheapest one I could find at the moment.

I don't use eBay, but thanks for helping me look. I'm going to keep checking amazon and the like. I figure that you'd be happy to hear this little tidbit of news:

The second guardian has been destroyed. The earth guardian was a lot easier than the water guardian. He didn't have regeneration, didn't use any target-all attacks and his normal attack hit in the double digits. He went down without much hassle so I'm very pleased. Also, I have a martial artist vampire in my party which has helped spice things up. ^^ Aside, I heard a rumor that Katrina can change back into her old costume. Is that true?

I'm having so much fun talking about SaGa with another VGC-er!

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6982 on: April 28, 2015, 09:18:40 am »
Thoughts on "release dates"?

Just came to mind yesterday when I got an LE the day before its 'official' release date.

For VGC purposes:

Does the day that people get, can play, buy, re-sell, trade in, etc *become* that items' official release date?

I've also had this happen 3-5 days before it "officially" should have.

Consensus?
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

soera

« Reply #6983 on: April 28, 2015, 09:56:44 am »
Did anybody get an extra Mewtwo code for 3DS?

I have one.

A spare? I want to ask the forum for any extra before I go buy it from the Eshop.

Yeah, I dont need it.

argyle

« Reply #6984 on: April 28, 2015, 10:30:36 am »

Just came to mind yesterday when I got an LE the day before its 'official' release date.

For VGC purposes:

Does the day that people get, can play, buy, re-sell, trade in, etc *become* that items' official release date?

Consensus?

I always thought the release date was the official date the game was supposed to start being sold. Otherwise you'd have conflicting dates for a ton of games that people end up getting because some store breaks street date, etc.

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6985 on: April 28, 2015, 10:48:25 am »

For VGC purposes:

Consensus?

I always thought the release date was the official date the game was supposed to start being sold. Otherwise you'd have conflicting dates for a ton of games that people end up getting because some store breaks street date, etc.

Exactly.

I was wondering & referring more to pre-orders being received a day or few before their "officially"announced & scheduled release dates as a perk, nicety, bonus, etc for pre-ordering directly from the company.

My simple logic being:

You have and now own (albeit maybe prematurely) an

"Official"ly-released

copy of that game or LE; no?

Aaaaaannd -

- if you're like me

(and in this case - I'd bet that you *are* ;))

and *immediately* wish to add your/our newest toysAcquisitions here ASAP then,

for accuracy's sake, shouldn't the 1st known day that someone receives an officially-released version of something supercede and become the "Official Release Date"?

I mean...when you're playing & seeing others on PSN playing something - it's kinda' hard convincing them (or myself 8)) that I don't own/that I'm not playing an official release :P
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

argyle

« Reply #6986 on: April 28, 2015, 11:18:44 am »

For VGC purposes:

Consensus?

Exactly.

I was wondering & referring more to pre-orders being received a day or few before their "officially"announced & scheduled release dates as a perk, nicety, bonus, etc for pre-ordering directly from the company.

My simple logic being:

You have and now own (albeit maybe prematurely) an

"Official"ly-released

copy of that game or LE; no?

Aaaaaannd -

- if you're like me

(and in this case - I'd bet that you *are* ;))

and *immediately* wish to add your/our newest toysAcquisitions here ASAP then,

for accuracy's sake, shouldn't the 1st known day that someone receives an officially-released version of something supercede and become the "Official Release Date"?

I mean...when you're playing & seeing others on PSN playing something - it's kinda' hard convincing them (or myself 8)) that I don't own/that I'm not playing an official release :P

I understand that logic, but I'd say the first day the game is officially available for purchase in stores takes precedence over a preorder that was received early.
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

foxhack

« Reply #6987 on: April 28, 2015, 12:48:21 pm »
We use the day the item officially goes on sale, which typically is a date which the publisher has chosen directly and usually announced ahead of time.

That's the date stores like Amazon and Play-Asia use for their listings.

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6988 on: April 28, 2015, 02:18:39 pm »
Reason #15 to keep back up wires and systems: Tried to set up my N64 last night, wasn't working, thought maybe i didnt have the right channel. Tried again this morning, no worky... Thought maybe it was the tv... Nope ps2 works on it. Remembered I had a back up wire, traded out wires... And it worked!

VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

foxhack

« Reply #6989 on: April 28, 2015, 02:25:51 pm »
Channel? You're not using A/V cables? :o