Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1651659 times)

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #7590 on: July 17, 2015, 12:51:54 am »
There are numerous new members on here , but to all the ones who remember me from last year, remember I broke up with my ex and I've had to start my life anew. I have not had a way to play any games or anything because they are all boxed up in storage as I am living from family to family trying to save money to move on my own again.

I have a place in Montgomery I can go to but I wanted to save up 5000 to have everything paid for a whole year where I can be comfortable and look for a new job. Anyone have any moving advice? How many months of bills would you save for, etc?

Thanks for any advice as I want to get my gaming self back together and be frequent on vg collect again!

Good luck man, hoping for the best.
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

desocietas

« Reply #7591 on: July 17, 2015, 01:03:37 am »
There are numerous new members on here , but to all the ones who remember me from last year, remember I broke up with my ex and I've had to start my life anew. I have not had a way to play any games or anything because they are all boxed up in storage as I am living from family to family trying to save money to move on my own again.

I have a place in Montgomery I can go to but I wanted to save up 5000 to have everything paid for a whole year where I can be comfortable and look for a new job. Anyone have any moving advice? How many months of bills would you save for, etc?

Thanks for any advice as I want to get my gaming self back together and be frequent on vg collect again!

Glad to hear from ya, and I'm hoping for the best as well.  Depending on the area, $5k might be good for you for about 6 months or so, right?  I'm not sure how jobs are in that area, but I'd say a person could catch a job in about 6 months or less since the economy seems to be better now.   I'd probably shoot for something like 6 months or so and bust my ass trying to find any job that would be willing to hire me.  Can move into a better job once you start bringing in at least a little bit of a paycheck so that you're not completely bleeding out.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7592 on: July 17, 2015, 08:17:25 am »
Well typically what we hear/recommend in the finmce world is be prepared to live without a good income for 6 months if you're going to do a big move without a set job like that. If you want to be extra cautious I'd go for 9 but it all depends on what you're willing to do. Hope that helps.

kashell

« Reply #7593 on: July 17, 2015, 08:21:34 am »
5000 dollars seems like a good amount. I'm not sure what the cost of living is like in Montgomery, AL but it can't be as expensive as other southern cities like Nashville, Atlanta, etc. Are you looking for a specific type of job or are you willing to take just about anything? Either way, good luck and keep your chin up.

soera

« Reply #7594 on: July 17, 2015, 09:41:07 am »
My offer still stands if you need it.

And OKC is full of jobs. Almost every place around here has a now hiring sign up.

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7595 on: July 17, 2015, 11:11:32 am »

And OKC is full of jobs. Almost every place around here has a now hiring sign up.

I need a job too.... But isn't OKC super hot and humid in the summer?

1049-2600-8730

90snostalga

« Reply #7596 on: July 17, 2015, 11:40:42 am »
Thanks for the input guys. The reason Montgomery is on my radar, is because a family member of mine owns a trailer there, and will only charge me 150 per month for rent. 5000 would take care of my rent, cell phone, water, power, etc for a whole year. That way I wont be struggling like I've been.

Soera, I would love to try a whole new state like OKC, but the incentive for Montgomery isn't just cheap rent, its that it will be my trailer for the time being. I love living in ny own versus with others. It's driving me crazy staying with other family now lol

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7597 on: July 17, 2015, 07:45:59 pm »
I can't find my atari 7800 RF cable.  >:(

1049-2600-8730

soera

« Reply #7598 on: July 17, 2015, 11:12:20 pm »

Super hot and awesome ... oh wait, thats just me.

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7599 on: July 17, 2015, 11:24:47 pm »

Super hot and awesome ... oh wait, thats just me.

Pic or it isn't true lol

1049-2600-8730

karyann

« Reply #7600 on: July 18, 2015, 12:06:21 pm »
Thanks for the input guys. The reason Montgomery is on my radar, is because a family member of mine owns a trailer there, and will only charge me 150 per month for rent. 5000 would take care of my rent, cell phone, water, power, etc for a whole year. That way I wont be struggling like I've been.

Soera, I would love to try a whole new state like OKC, but the incentive for Montgomery isn't just cheap rent, its that it will be my trailer for the time being. I love living in ny own versus with others. It's driving me crazy staying with other family now lol

Welcome back! Glad to hear from you and to know that you're well :)

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7601 on: July 19, 2015, 09:59:21 pm »
We have had heavy rains the last 2 days, today, my friend house flooded and he lost his entire house. I feel bad for him... If he wasn't 2 hours away, id go down there and help him start cutting out sheet rock and shit.

1049-2600-8730

foxhack

« Reply #7602 on: July 20, 2015, 03:44:29 pm »
We have had heavy rains the last 2 days, today, my friend house flooded and he lost his entire house. I feel bad for him... If he wasn't 2 hours away, id go down there and help him start cutting out sheet rock and shit.

It's been VERY crazy down here, too. We rarely get this much rain but when we do, oh boy.

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7603 on: July 20, 2015, 05:04:51 pm »

It's been VERY crazy down here, too. We rarely get this much rain but when we do, oh boy.

Damn crazy, I forgot you were prob hit too by the storms.....

I am use to the dry heat of So Cal. but man, when its 90 outside and pouring rain and you are sweating is a crazy feeling lol.

The 10 got taken out, this leads to AZ from here
http://ktla.com/2015/07/19/bridge-collapses-amid-heavy-rains-near-coachella-prompting-closure-of-10-freeway/

1049-2600-8730

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7604 on: July 20, 2015, 05:06:14 pm »
I'm just posting here because I want y'all to look at my badass avatar.