Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1531773 times)

kashell

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #7665 on: July 24, 2015, 03:12:30 pm »
Oh that's a great idea! I'll do that ;) And I'll use my driver the entire time haha

I actually remember seeing signs at some country clubs saying that you'd be kicked out if you "Happy Gilmore'd" the ball.

Like, come on. People can't hit a ball a certain way but they can drive a cart like a maniac.

pacpix

« Reply #7666 on: July 24, 2015, 09:58:02 pm »
Oh that's a great idea! I'll do that ;) And I'll use my driver the entire time haha

I actually remember seeing signs at some country clubs saying that you'd be kicked out if you "Happy Gilmore'd" the ball.

Like, come on. People can't hit a ball a certain way but they can drive a cart like a maniac.
I watched a kid do the Happy Gilmore swing with his new driver at the driving range and he slammed his club head right into the cement platform under the grass mats.  Broke the head clean off and the instructor running the junior golf clinic was pissed.
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7667 on: July 24, 2015, 10:02:30 pm »

I watched a kid do the Happy Gilmore swing with his new driver at the driving range and he slammed his club head right into the cement platform under the grass mats.  Broke the head clean off and the instructor running the junior golf clinic was pissed.

Lmao, too funny.
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

Warmsignal

« Reply #7668 on: July 26, 2015, 11:48:52 am »
Lemme try this in the correct thread after getting some sleep. Anyone else happen to go to CCAG convention yesterday?

kashell

« Reply #7669 on: July 27, 2015, 08:24:53 am »
*sigh* Another weekend has come and gone. Lufia II is continuing to impress me the more I get into it. It reminds me of a time when game developers actually cared about their finished products.

telly

« Reply #7670 on: July 27, 2015, 08:32:14 am »
*sigh* Another weekend has come and gone. Lufia II is continuing to impress me the more I get into it. It reminds me of a time when game developers actually cared about their finished products.

I got a lot of time into Suikoden II over the weekend. Really starting to get into it as well, I'm having a great time.
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

kashell

« Reply #7671 on: July 27, 2015, 08:58:00 am »

I got a lot of time into Suikoden II over the weekend. Really starting to get into it as well, I'm having a great time.

Excellent. How far are you into it now?

telly

« Reply #7672 on: July 27, 2015, 09:01:14 am »

Excellent. How far are you into it now?

About 16 hours or so. I just finished Greenhill. I'm now doing the Hix and Tengaar side quest: I'm not looking up how to get any of the characters because I want to see how many I can find on a straight play through :D
Currently Playing:

kashell

« Reply #7673 on: July 27, 2015, 09:16:48 am »
Right on. You're making good progress. I'll admit that I used a guide when I went through it because I wanted all of the recruits, but that's mainly because I don't plan on replaying it anytime soon.

telly

« Reply #7674 on: July 27, 2015, 09:39:15 am »
Yeah that's fine too! I like trying to find the characters on my own because it's interesting when you talk with somebody about the game afterwards.
"Who did you use in your party?" "Did you find this character?" "Ah I missed that character!" Things like that. If I were to replay it I would use a guide to find them all fo sho.
Currently Playing:

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7675 on: July 27, 2015, 10:57:32 am »
Yeah that's fine too! I like trying to find the characters on my own because it's interesting when you talk with somebody about the game afterwards.
"Who did you use in your party?" "Did you find this character?" "Ah I missed that character!" Things like that. If I were to replay it I would use a guide to find them all fo sho.

If I were younger I agree it would be really fun to play the game all by myself but I agree with kash, I don't plan on replaying any of the suikodens sooooo I use a guide for the missables (which was small in Suiko 1 but I heard there are time sensitive ones in Suiko 2 so definitely need a guide for that).

But again if I had the time or if I was younger I could totally see the appeal.

telly

« Reply #7676 on: July 27, 2015, 11:39:55 am »

If I were younger I agree it would be really fun to play the game all by myself but I agree with kash, I don't plan on replaying any of the suikodens sooooo I use a guide for the missables (which was small in Suiko 1 but I heard there are time sensitive ones in Suiko 2 so definitely need a guide for that).

Yeah, I'm not saying I'm absolutely going to replay the game yet either... I just don't like playing with my nose in a FAQ; for me it lessens the experience and makes the game planned, systematic and inorganic. To me it's like: I'm now playing the way the guide wants me to play, when I'd rather play it how I want to. (I did that with FFVIII and the game became much more structured and it took a chunk out of the overall impact).

But that's how I do things: beat the game on my own, then replay it if I want to to find all the collectibles - I'll then use a guide. If I eventually want to re-play Suiko II then I'll have an additional incentive to replay it other than just reliving the story. If I don't want to replay it, then I don't and I move on. The only games I go for the collectibles are the ones that I enjoy (or if the game is short :P )

But to each his own. I see where you're coming from. :)

On a separate note, my game made a really weird noise last night like the audio died or something. The screen will sometimes do minor flickering. I hope that won't become a problem down the line - I'd hate to lose my game :o It must be because it's from PSN and it's digital and stuff.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2015, 02:12:08 pm by telly »
Currently Playing:

kashell

« Reply #7677 on: July 27, 2015, 04:11:44 pm »

Suikoden V, which happens to be my favorite, is the only one in the series in which I recommend people use a guide instead of going without. The windows of recruitment for about 1/3 of the characters are so small, you can essentially blink and you'll miss them. Also, going through the game again means you have to go through the first five to ten hours of it. I didn't mind the introduction, but it did drag.

bobster

« Reply #7678 on: July 27, 2015, 06:56:12 pm »
Just got my project fi invitation from Google. Anyone else sign up for this? I'm pretty pumped!
Currently Playing: The Witcher

kashell

« Reply #7679 on: July 28, 2015, 09:11:08 am »
Neato! I learned I won Review of the Month on GameFAQs for for Lord of Magna: Maiden Heaven. Here's the link below.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/3ds/768312-lord-of-magna-maiden-heaven/reviews/review-160820