Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1647702 times)

tpugmire

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #7890 on: August 19, 2015, 10:56:35 am »
I just read on another forum that Radio Shack is trying to get into selling retro games now, but the prices are asinine. Anyone seen evidence of this locally?  I haven't.
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

kashell

« Reply #7891 on: August 19, 2015, 11:29:05 am »
Radio Shack is still around?

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7892 on: August 19, 2015, 11:41:18 am »
Radio Shack is still around?

That's what I was thinking.  I thought they were going out of business?

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7893 on: August 19, 2015, 12:21:28 pm »
I heard the same thing about RadioShack shutting down.

But a quick visit to their website shows that they have 1700 locations, and their about to re-debut their online store.

There's even a link for "Classic Games", but only one product on it. However, that could be because they are getting ready to put stuff in that section.

Evidence is there, but it's not solid.

http://comingsoon.radioshack.com/gaming-and-toys

Warmsignal

« Reply #7894 on: August 19, 2015, 01:27:29 pm »
Selling used games didn't really work out for Walmart. I doubt it will work for RadioShack. The only way it works, is if the store allows customers to come in and directly unload stuff into that store. None of that mail it in, drop it off at the service desk, have it inspected at a warehouse and sell online/redistribute to stores junk. That's what I hate about Walmart, Best Buy, and GameStop's method with retro. Hire smart people, and operate out of the store.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7895 on: August 19, 2015, 01:49:32 pm »
^ Wal-Mart never did start selling the games, at least not in my area. I asked when that was going around the internet, and Wal-Mart acted like I was stupid.

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7896 on: August 19, 2015, 02:20:13 pm »
I have one right down the street from me too... Ill prob check it out
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

rayne315

« Reply #7897 on: August 19, 2015, 06:36:30 pm »
^ Wal-Mart never did start selling the games, at least not in my area. I asked when that was going around the internet, and Wal-Mart acted like I was stupid.

No offence to anyone who works at walmart but they are all a bunch of mushrooms. Always kept in the dark about opperations and feed a whole bunch of shit to keep them producing/working.
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

tpugmire

« Reply #7898 on: August 19, 2015, 07:36:15 pm »
I worked at Walmart for like 9 months back when I was in college. They suck so bad. They actually tried to fire me for shoplifting, even though I never did anything of the sort.

Remember back in the day when Walmart used to sell fish?  I worked in the pet department, dealing with the aquariums and stuff. One day, one of the pipes cracked and there was water everywhere. I ran to the garden department and grabbed a few PVC pipe fittings and a piece of pipe. I fixed the leak and told one of the managers. The manager said that since I took the stuff without asking first, it was considered theft, and that he had to let me go. I replied, "That's fucking retarded, I quit."  On my way out, I undid my repair, flooding the area.
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7899 on: August 19, 2015, 08:01:15 pm »
I worked at Walmart for like 9 months back when I was in college. They suck so bad. They actually tried to fire me for shoplifting, even though I never did anything of the sort.

Remember back in the day when Walmart used to sell fish?  I worked in the pet department, dealing with the aquariums and stuff. One day, one of the pipes cracked and there was water everywhere. I ran to the garden department and grabbed a few PVC pipe fittings and a piece of pipe. I fixed the leak and told one of the managers. The manager said that since I took the stuff without asking first, it was considered theft, and that he had to let me go. I replied, "That's fucking retarded, I quit."  On my way out, I undid my repair, flooding the area.

Where's that Like button already? That's how you quit a job with style.

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7900 on: August 19, 2015, 08:12:12 pm »

Holy shit, Pug just got more respect from me.  ;D

1049-2600-8730

desocietas

« Reply #7901 on: August 19, 2015, 08:40:38 pm »

Holy shit, Pug just got more respect from me.  ;D

Haha, me too!
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

soera

« Reply #7902 on: August 19, 2015, 10:53:59 pm »
I applaud your way to leave. :D

Seriously though, its not considered theft if you never left the store with it. That manager is a moron.

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7903 on: August 19, 2015, 11:50:25 pm »
Retail companys are scummy and treat their employees like crap. I worked at a super market for 6 plus years. Worst job ever. Couldnt pay me enough to go back.

1049-2600-8730

kashell

« Reply #7904 on: August 20, 2015, 08:25:16 am »
I tried the 3DS Miku demo. It was ok. I like that I can play as Miku on a different console, but something about it felt off. I really liked that they Senzo was one of the songs they included, but the new video for it isn't as fun as the one on the PS3. -LOL- was catchy as hell.

*shrug* I'm still going to get it on day one and will likely grow to love it.

Even though we are both already taken, this would be one of those instances where I say, "That's awesome. Marry me."