Author Topic: Backlogs  (Read 1426 times)

desocietas

Backlogs
« on: October 26, 2012, 03:46:41 pm »
With the constant barrage of info about new games, I was pleasantly surprised to find this opinion piece on new games and personal backlogs:
http://kotaku.com/5955306/lets-worry-about-the-games-we-already-have

When he mentions the Steam library collecting digital dust, I'm definitely there.  I've purchased bundles and haven't even gotten to the point of adding their Steam keys to my library... so it's further buried somewhere in my inbox.

We're already getting the onslaught of new games, but I know we all have long lists of backlogged games.  Any particular ones that you keep telling yourself to get back to over and over again?

For me, I always tell myself to go back and replay (aka actually finish) the following:
- the whole Persona series, esp P3 & P4
- Etrian Odyssey series (starting with #1)
- Golden Sun series (starting with #1)
- Lunar Knights
- The World Ends With You

I didn't realize how many of my backlogs are part of a larger series, which makes the backlog that much longer.  There's still other backlogged series like Broken Sword, King's Bounty, Star Ocean...
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

Re: Backlogs
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2012, 07:39:49 pm »
My entire collection might as well be one giant backlog. A majority of the games I've been purchasing are ones I've never owned before. I started collecting from nothing; having sold or given away most of my games years ago. I'd really like to finish some of my current gen games. I was almost finished Dragon Age: Origins then I bought Dragon Age 2 and forgot about DA:O. Same with Oblivion; fell by the wayside when I got Skyrim.

desocietas

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2012, 07:48:45 pm »
I was almost finished Dragon Age: Origins then I bought Dragon Age 2 and forgot about DA:O. Same with Oblivion; fell by the wayside when I got Skyrim.

Heh, all 4 of those games are on my backlog, too.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

jcalder8

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2012, 08:31:31 pm »
Well my collection currently sits at about 2125 games. This mean I could play one game a year for the next almost 6 years without repeating and that doesn't mean I will finish each game, just actually sitting down to play it. Honestly I don't think I will ever get my backlog down to below 75% of my collection.

edit: unless I sell it all off :D

pacpix

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2012, 09:24:49 pm »
I am currently on a quest to kill my entire backlog...  I just can not justify buying games anymore because I have so many I need to finish.
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

scott

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2012, 10:04:08 pm »
I was almost finished Dragon Age: Origins then I bought Dragon Age 2 and forgot about DA:O. Same with Oblivion; fell by the wayside when I got Skyrim.

Heh, all 4 of those games are on my backlog, too.

Out of the 4 of those, I only have to finish Skyrim. The problem with Oblivion and Skyrim is that I always get side tracked and never finish the story. I just wander and explore.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2012, 01:08:51 am »
I'm horrible at finishing games.  I get bored and start thinking about another game I haven't beaten and how much I want to play it and then I go play it and it all repeats.

htimreimer

« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2012, 09:32:55 am »
I'm horrible at finishing games.  I get bored and start thinking about another game I haven't beaten and how much I want to play it and then I go play it and it all repeats.
if its not a pc point and click adventure and its some other genre it is likely i will get bored with it

scott

« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2012, 09:45:40 am »
I started up a backloggery account a couple weeks ago in an attempt to try to focus down some of my backlog... but now adding games to my backloggery is in my backlog. :P
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread