Author Topic: Pawn Shops  (Read 2521 times)

agsabbott

Pawn Shops
« on: October 27, 2012, 01:02:27 pm »
 I just found StarFox complete in box at a local pawn shop for $20. needless to say it is now mine. I was just wondering what other people had scored in pawnshops :)
"The unexamined life is not worth living"

godnightshade

Re: Pawn Shops
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2012, 01:28:18 pm »
Nice. I haven't found anything really good, except for a $15 top loader NES. I gave it to my buddy Keegan cause I already had one.

jcalder8

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2012, 02:25:08 pm »
I have found a couple of games over the years but nothing too special.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2012, 03:33:19 pm »
Most of the pawn-shops near me are pretty up-to-date & price-savvy about the prices that they'll buy & sell their video games for.

IIRC, I've got a few PSX RPG's (C.I.B.) like FF: Anthology & Chronicles, FF VI, VII, VIII, & IX, Vagrant Story, and Koudelka between $10 - $20 each -SO- A little better than average, but nothing spectactular  8)

My personal (best) finds & experiences have been...garage & yard sales.

Admittedly, I'd estimate that while ~98 out of 100 of 'em are complete wastes of time & gas...BUT...the absolutely & amazingly lucky "miracle-finds" (aka "the *other* 2%" of them) are usually just...

*SO* *DAMNED* *GOOD*...

...That they'll keep me going to the next set of 100 sales - looking, hoping, and praying for some more of those "2%-ers"
 ;)
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

agsabbott

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2012, 04:36:35 pm »
I was in the Value village by my high school a few years back, picked up both Secret of Mana and Final Fantasy II, both for 5 bucks. that was probably my best find.  Speaking of garage sales, that's where i got my first NES, with R.O.B and gyromite. The ones around here are usually, like you said, a waste of time now.
"The unexamined life is not worth living"

blipcs76

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2012, 11:12:08 am »
Your best bet is less trafficked pawn shops.  The more popular ones rarely have any games older than PS2 gen stuff.

A few of my pawn shop finds:
- Shadowrun (SNES): $6
- Persona 3 FES: $3
- Sesame Street 123 (NES): $3 (CIB)

I also found disc 2 of Metal Gear Solid Twin Snakes, but the rest of the game was sadly missing.

atariboy

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2012, 06:00:25 pm »
I've found all kinds of great deals at local pawn shops, everything from atari to PS3/XBOX. The one I frequent is mostly in the  Northwest area and is called Pawn1. They usually offer the game at about 30% off going rate. Also they usually don't differentiate for Collectors editions for games or Consoles.
Now Playing: Lollipop Chainsaw

« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2012, 11:51:20 am »
About the best thing I've found at pawn shops is FF VII for $10. Other than that, I've scored a few PS2 slims at garage sales, as well as an Atari Flashback 2...other than that, just the same ol' stuff you find everywhere else.

theflea

« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2012, 08:38:20 pm »
Pawn shops in my area kinda suck for classic games. I stopped in a few times but the oldest thing they ever have is PS2.  :'(
"Happy game hunting!!!"

darko

« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2012, 09:10:08 pm »
Pawn shops in my area kinda suck for classic games. I stopped in a few times but the oldest thing they ever have is PS2.  :'(

Don't let that fact get you down too much. I found some pretty decent PS2 games last year in a local pawn shop! I think I paid a whopping $3 for Street Fighter Anthology?

thecollector0o7

« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2012, 02:57:14 am »
I just found StarFox complete in box at a local pawn shop for $20. needless to say it is now mine. I was just wondering what other people had scored in pawnshops :)

first off great find and I cant wait to see it :P and second off yes pawn shops are the major reason for what I have today

htimreimer

« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2012, 03:14:59 am »
there is a place called cashopolis here in regina and its a lot of good stuff plus the website has a interesting theme song but there is just one problem, the store full of a$$ holes