Author Topic: Hurricane Sandy  (Read 2075 times)

matt

Hurricane Sandy
« on: October 30, 2012, 10:06:39 am »
So....how is everyone?

Up here in Michigan we've caught some high winds and a nasty snow/sleet mix.

Re: Hurricane Sandy
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2012, 12:24:22 pm »
I'm right at the Virginia/West Virginia border and yesterday we got a butt-ton of snow.  The roads were covered on my way back from work last night.  It seems to have passed now and it's just flurrying a little outside.

blipcs76

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2012, 02:08:45 pm »
My thoughts and prayers are with everyone effected by this horrible storm.

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2012, 05:12:23 pm »
I'm in MD--the roads are a mess and some trees have fallen into the street but overall, nothing too terrible in my area. A lot of people don't have power though but I've somehow managed to luck up so I'm hoping it stays on (fingers crossed).

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2012, 06:26:55 pm »
I'm in the middle/south part of New Jersey not much other than a tree or 2 down and the power out for a few days at my house. the area I am in is returning to normal. but yeah lots of down trees still, and I haven't been towards any of the areas devastated yet.

foxhack

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2012, 10:41:29 pm »
So um.

Anyone heard of disgaeniac?

soera

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2012, 10:48:01 pm »
Not since this started ...

scott

« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2012, 12:58:15 am »
So um.

Anyone heard of disgaeniac?

Negative. I hope he's alright.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

desocietas

« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2012, 11:50:45 am »
A coworker said his brother-in-law only just got electicity back a few days ago, almost two weeks after the storm.

I hope disgaeniac is all right as well...
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

soera

« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2012, 01:00:29 pm »
I remember what it was like to live through something like that. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1999_Oklahoma_tornado_outbreak

I actually was within feet of this tornado. It shot a fence post through the entire back end of my Miata (RIP my sweet car) and the floor of the apt above us came crashing through our kitchen. We had no electricity for weeks and I ended up having to stay with my friend for a while. The whole area was blocked off from activity other than emergency personnel so if he has the same situation, he probably has no access to contact anyone with his computer.

Does anyone have a phone number for him? I had quite a few conversations with him but none of them on the phone.

foxhack

« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2012, 03:53:07 pm »
I mentioned this on Twitter, I used my admin powers to check up on his IP address and it seems to be somewhere near the coastline. I Googled for news and it looks like the area was hit hard - not TOO hard, but hard enough to cause severe damage to some homes - and is still without electricity. I'm not mentioning the area's name to keep his location private.

The IP pointed to a place near a forested area, which is not very close to the coast. I hope he's only having power issues.