Author Topic: Neo Geo X Gold  (Read 7668 times)

ffxik

Re: Neo Geo X Gold
« Reply #30 on: December 30, 2012, 10:04:53 pm »
My friend got one of these.  He and I sat around for better part of a day just fiddling with it.  On a note though I'm going to be downer and say I will never buy one.  I already own an AES and this thing is inferior in pretty much every way.  He's happy though, so I guess that all that counts.  Still this thing just feels cheap.  It doesn't run games near as well as some other emulators out there.  The controllers are kinda flimsy.

I'm sorry for being so negative but, just no.  :(

jcalder8

« Reply #31 on: January 01, 2013, 06:35:29 pm »
I'm glad to hear the good and the bad, thanks ffxik

ffxik

« Reply #32 on: January 01, 2013, 07:41:51 pm »
I would like to say that my issues are more with the TV connection rather than the handheld.  I also forgot to mention the latency concerning the wireless controllers.  There seems to be quite a bit of lag between button press and action on screen.  Which kinda killed me since a lot of the games included are twitch based games.

« Reply #33 on: January 01, 2013, 08:36:57 pm »
I would like to say that my issues are more with the TV connection rather than the handheld.  I also forgot to mention the latency concerning the wireless controllers.  There seems to be quite a bit of lag between button press and action on screen.  Which kinda killed me since a lot of the games included are twitch based games.

What wireless controllers are you talking about? They are wired...
I'M ALWAYS LOOKING TO BUY COMPLETE COPIES OF SEGA CD AND SEGA SATURN GAMES, SO PLEASE CONTACT ME IF YOU HAVE ANY.

« Reply #34 on: January 02, 2013, 12:18:37 am »
I think I (and a lot of other people) wouldn't be so hard on the system/emulation if they weren't charging £175 for something that emulates with the accuracy of the £35 Mega Drive handhelds on the same page - http://www.funstock.co.uk/retro-gaming

Heck, for £45 you can get a new Mega Drive with 20 built in games and two wireless controllers and ports that accept original controllers and it also runs original carts too! The Neo Geo is just an old console that generally used common parts and hadsome of the simplest controller wiring ever - the real expense was in the cost of the carts, the thing is that today we live in an age where anyone can buy an 8GB SD card for less than £5. There's just no reason for the Neo Geo X to cost as much as it does. Just for comparison (if anyone feels I'm being unfair comparing it to those MD handhelds) the Dingoo and Cannoo both cost less than £100 shipped.

ffxik

« Reply #35 on: January 02, 2013, 03:20:54 am »

What wireless controllers are you talking about? They are wired...

LOL.  Holy crap I didn't realize put wireless in there.  It was supposed to say "wired".    DOH!  :-[

Proofreading....fail.

Still though lag in a wired controller should be a non-issue.  After thinking it over I believe it probably has to do with the controller>base>handheld connection that is going on.  I didn't really notice any lag on the portable itself.  That's just me though I may be way off on that.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 03:29:01 am by ffxik »

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #36 on: April 02, 2013, 08:43:18 pm »
Answer me a question folks. I have a Neogeo X Gold coming. Im pumped on that alone.
Now, should I go ahead and get a couple of the game cards or should I wait and hope for a price drop?

sin2beta

« Reply #37 on: April 02, 2013, 09:32:05 pm »
Answer me a question folks. I have a Neogeo X Gold coming. Im pumped on that alone.
Now, should I go ahead and get a couple of the game cards or should I wait and hope for a price drop?

Does it have more than the one game card yet? If you have the Gold, I think you now have the complete set.
UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #38 on: April 02, 2013, 09:43:42 pm »
April 25th there are going to be 5 "collections" come out. Each has 3 games included.

« Reply #39 on: April 02, 2013, 10:28:44 pm »
do you have the link to where you found that ive been looking all over :P

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #40 on: April 02, 2013, 11:28:20 pm »

scott

« Reply #41 on: April 02, 2013, 11:31:06 pm »
I still kinda want one of these. Even though some of the folks here seemed turned off by it.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #42 on: April 02, 2013, 11:42:47 pm »
That's how I was. I wanted one, but had heard mixed reviews. Best Buy put it on sale the other day and I had some gift cards, so I pulled the trigger. I'm ready for it to be here. Too bad I don't know dick about a Neogeo. Other than Metal Slug, I don't know which games I need to look out for.

sin2beta

« Reply #43 on: April 02, 2013, 11:51:10 pm »
I honestly kind of want one. I just don't need another system. Even if everything is packed in with it. If I expanded my collection, it would be to Neo Geo. The Neo Geo X Gold is probably the best introduction to Neo Geo you can ask for... at least at a reasonable price.
UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c

« Reply #44 on: April 02, 2013, 11:58:09 pm »
Its really good I much prefer to play on my arcade but when you want to play sitting down or on the go its amazing. And if your just getting in to Neo Geo its a great alt to spending hundreds on the real thing.