Author Topic: Neo Geo X Gold  (Read 7696 times)

scott

Re: Neo Geo X Gold
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2012, 02:01:01 pm »
Oh, yep. I'll knock that out right now, since I'm slow at work at the moment.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

scott

« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2012, 02:28:40 pm »
And added!
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

vancha

« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2012, 03:07:48 pm »
Hmm, I'm wondering, is the Neo Geo X Gold also available in Europe? Haven't really followed it really but now thzt its here i'm quite interested aswell...

« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2012, 03:18:01 pm »
And added!

You're the man, thank you!
I'M ALWAYS LOOKING TO BUY COMPLETE COPIES OF SEGA CD AND SEGA SATURN GAMES, SO PLEASE CONTACT ME IF YOU HAVE ANY.

theflea

« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2012, 02:38:12 am »
Just got mine last Monday and it's really a cool little system. I love the charging station looks like a classic AES (just smaller) great case to protect and display your X gold in, and you can even hook it up to a TV.

I hope there's support for this system with new game cards of the classic Neo Geo games (just keep em under $20) or bundle a bunch of games (metal slug 2, X, 3, 4, 5) and other classic arcade games that where never released on any Neo Geo system before. Would love to see some 3rd party support.

Kinda wish the controller it came with had the same hook ups as the classic AES so a 2nd player can use one of my other Neo Geo controllers.

Overall It's a must own to anyone who's a Neo Geo fan.
"Happy game hunting!!!"

« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2012, 02:44:20 am »
Just got mine last Monday and it's really a cool little system. I love the charging station looks like a classic AES (just smaller) great case to protect and display your X gold in, and you can even hook it up to a TV.

I hope there's support for this system with new game cards of the classic Neo Geo games (just keep em under $20) or bundle a bunch of games (metal slug 2, X, 3, 4, 5) and other classic arcade games that where never released on any Neo Geo system before. Would love to see some 3rd party support.

Kinda wish the controller it came with had the same hook ups as the classic AES so a 2nd player can use one of my other Neo Geo controllers.

Overall It's a must own to anyone who's a Neo Geo fan.

I agree wholeheartedly with everything you said here. This is going to save me a ton on AES carts though.
I'M ALWAYS LOOKING TO BUY COMPLETE COPIES OF SEGA CD AND SEGA SATURN GAMES, SO PLEASE CONTACT ME IF YOU HAVE ANY.

theflea

« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2012, 04:31:35 am »
oh forgot to mention a couple little complaints about the Neo Geo X Gold.
The games are censored.
You can only play the US version of the games, so Metal Slug and fighting games like Samurai Shodown 2 have no blood. If anyone finds a secret code to play the uncensored games please post it.

Another thing that's a let down is no save feature of any kind, so your high scores, or hoping you can save a game in anyway is not possible. :( 
"Happy game hunting!!!"

« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2012, 04:48:49 am »
Do the games play in AES mode or MVS mode? Good luck finishing some of those in four credits  :o

Ooh something else I was wondering - how is the emulation itself? Reasonably accurate? Extremely accurate? Ho do the games look on the handheld screen?

darko

« Reply #23 on: December 21, 2012, 12:49:10 pm »
I'm really on the fence with this thing. One one hand, it's pretty nifty for sure. On the other hand, it's just emulating the hardware...so why not just emulate it on a PC? I mean, I could order a couple of the USB controllers and play it on my HDTV just as easily as with the Neo Geo X...and I would still have blood, save features, etc.

It's cool, but I honestly don't see myself picking one up after seeing what it does.

theflea

« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2012, 06:23:07 am »
The games look great, even when stretched out of its wide screen (it can be in the standard screen mode too)

I thought of this system as just an emulated game system too, thought it was just going to be download games only. But then I saw it played game cards and there's talk of more games being released later. So now this is a portable game system that plays flash cards similar to the N-gage, Gizmondo and the Zodiac. So if those are labeled as Game Systems then the Neo Geo X Gold is one too.   
"Happy game hunting!!!"

« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2012, 11:38:44 am »
They aren't game cards, they're literally SD cards. There's a thread over on the neo-geo.com forums where people are looking into the hardware and the software - apparently it's running a version of Final Burn Alpha and the "built-in" games are stored on a micro SD card underneath the battery.

thecollector0o7

« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2012, 01:25:17 pm »
They aren't game cards, they're literally SD cards. There's a thread over on the neo-geo.com forums where people are looking into the hardware and the software - apparently it's running a version of Final Burn Alpha and the "built-in" games are stored on a micro SD card underneath the battery.

so in theory could we put games on our own SD cards?

« Reply #27 on: December 23, 2012, 01:53:40 pm »
I believe somebody's already managed it, although it's not a straightforward process yet.

darko

« Reply #28 on: December 24, 2012, 10:01:41 am »

so in theory could we put games on our own SD cards?

I can all but promise you that will happen soon. It's just begging to be hacked.

jcalder8

« Reply #29 on: December 25, 2012, 07:46:36 pm »
I like the look of the system but I would just rather use my psp since it does more.