Author Topic: FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn -- End of an Era  (Read 3156 times)

htimreimer

FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn -- End of an Era
« on: November 11, 2012, 10:34:01 am »
well this is one way to reboot an mmo anyway will you be trying out realm reborn in 2013

« Last Edit: November 11, 2012, 10:57:54 am by htimreimer »

donovon

Re: FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn -- End of an Era
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2012, 04:51:51 pm »
I'll give it a shot.  I think the way that they are reworking the game is a good move and I respect it.

madmax

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2012, 11:39:35 pm »
I'm not a fan of Final Fantasy MMOs but that trailer reminded me of the old Final Fantasy...and that's a good thing. *drool*

scott

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2012, 08:51:43 am »
I played the crap out of FFXI Online, But even it I had any interest in playing this revamped version of FFXIV I doubt I'd be able to. I just don't have the time to sink into MMOs anymore.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

htimreimer

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2012, 09:29:03 am »
here is some gameplay videos early in realm reborn development cycle and dose it look any good to you

darko

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2012, 10:52:52 am »
The only MMO I've ever played was SMT: Imagine. It was fun but I don't really have the time to invest in an MMO. Wish I could, but I don't think it will ever happen!

ffxik

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2012, 11:34:44 am »
I played FFXI for 5 years.  I quit just before the server merge.  I had a lot of fun with it, my bank account didn't but I did.  FFIV just doesn't do it for me.  I will admit the customization is A LOT deeper than XIs but a Mithra is still a Mithra and a Taru Taru is still a Taru.  I just seems like a rehash of XI.

lordmeatpie

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2013, 09:19:16 pm »
when will they just make a classic FF game like X and previous? I don't consider any of the FF games after X real parts of the numbered series. They should have had different names instead of the numbers like all the other spin-off FF games. FFXIII is absolutely atrocious, although XIII-2 seems like a huuuuuuuge improvement and trying to keep the feeling of the older games. I just really wish Squeenix would do something good again like they used to  :'(
Now Playing: Borderlands 2 (PS3) / Crystalis (NES)

https://www.facebook.com/lordmeatpiegrind
The Obnoxious Canadian Acoustic Grinder

soera

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2013, 09:48:52 pm »
Ive given up on the series honestly. I was done after VII. I dont think they are ever going to pull me back in either ... which sucks cause IV, VI, VII were fantastic games.  :-\

scott

« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2013, 09:51:06 pm »
I honestly really enjoy IX. It was a lot more classic than VII and VIII where and you can't not love Vivi!

If you haven't played it, you should really give it a go. Just don't look for the guide it's pretty damn worthless.

ko1ru

« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2013, 11:43:23 am »
Ive given up on the series honestly.

Same here.  XII was my FINAL Final Fantasy.  I refuse to play anything else after, until SquEnix can get their heads out of their asses and actually give two shits about their older fans that made them who they are today -- which is probably not going to happen.  And so, I bid adieu to them and the "new direction" they're taking the series.  No thanks, do not want.

scott

« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2013, 11:47:45 am »
Same here.  XII was my FINAL Final Fantasy.

Did you absolutely HATE XII? I find a lot of people have some major strong feelings for that game. Personally I "liked" it, maybe "loved" sections of it. But I thought it was a good game, and I enjoyed the story it was telling. I thought the Gambit system was neat, but disliked the level up system.

ko1ru

« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2013, 11:58:15 am »
Same here.  XII was my FINAL Final Fantasy.

Did you absolutely HATE XII? I find a lot of people have some major strong feelings for that game. Personally I "liked" it, maybe "loved" sections of it. But I thought it was a good game, and I enjoyed the story it was telling. I thought the Gambit system was neat, but disliked the level up system.

No, I really liked XII.  The story was a bit meh at times, but I loved the battle mechanics (gambits included).  I really enjoyed the expansiveness of the world and especially the hunts.  I was really ticked that they messed with the Moogles, though...   :-\

scott

« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2013, 12:33:01 pm »
Ya... you can thank Final Fantasy Tactics for that, it seems.

ko1ru

« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2013, 12:42:46 pm »
Ya... you can thank Final Fantasy Tactics for that, it seems.

Yeah, I knew before XII was released that the character style was the same as Tactics (which, admittedly, worried me a bit).  Nothing else bothered me except the Moogles.  Moogles are not rabbits!   :'(